Chapter Eleven

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

;chapter eleven ;

 

Kai's POV

 

I kept running through the stairs as I was following Krystal. It was a clear misunderstanding.  I was only comforting Hayoung. It wasn't like I was cheating on her or anything. She kept running and I kept on chasing after her. We were running through the corridors when she suddenly entered an empty classroom. I followed her inside the room. I bent down and cupped my knees, panting heavily. I lifted my head and saw her standing in front of a window.

"Look Krystal. This is all a misunderstanding. I was only comforting Hayoung because she was really upset about-" I started to explain.

"Oppa. Kiss me." Krystal suddenly spoke up, causing my eyes to widen. I straightened up from my bending position as I stared at her. "What's wrong?" she asked as she started to make her way towards me. 

I literally froze to the ground. I didn't know what she was doing. Even though me and Krystal had been dating for a while, we haven't done anything more than hugging and cuddling. 

I saw her coming closer and closer and closer until there was no space left between us. Suddenly she pushed me hard on the chest as I fell on a chair. She sat on my lap as she crashed her lips on mine.  I was sitting there with my eyes wide. I really didn't see this coming. 

Krystal pulled away after getting no response. She stared at me with teary eyes.

"Oppa. You don't love me." She said as she started to cry. I didn't know what I was doing but the next thing I knew, I was kissing her. As time passed, our the kiss got deeper and rougher. I didn't know why but I felt something really heavy in my heart.

It was the feeling of guilt, and emptiness. Although I was kissing her there was hardly any feeling in it.  I didn't know why it was like that but I just continued with what I was doing.

 

 

I headed home after making up and making out with Krystal. I reached home really late because of that. I had a warm shower and I went downstairs for dinner. As I walked downstairs, I saw no one except the maids and the cook.

"Where's Eomma and Appa?" I asked them with a confused look. They shrugged as they pointed to a note placed on the table beside the covered food. I walked towards the table and I lifted the note to unfold it. It was a note from my mother.

 

We're going to an official get together party. We won't be back until midnight.
Eat the food and take care. Hayoung must be alone as well. You should pay her a visit if you can.

- Eomma

 

I read the first part with a bored look but my mood automatically lightened up at the mention of Hayoung. She would be alone the whole night? Isn't that dangerous. They don't even have any maids. I should call her. I quickly ran upstairs and grabbed my phone from the bed. I dialled Hayoung number.

*Beep beep beep* No answer. I called again. And again. And again. And again.

What. The. ? She never ever ignored my calls. I furrowed my eyebrows as I sat on my bed. Since se wasn't picking up, I should message her.

 

To: Hayounggie

Yah! Why don't you pick up? I've called so many times!

Sent 5 mins ago.


To: Hayounggie

Okay I'm in no mood to joke. Hayoung pick up or reply.

Sent 2 mins ago.

 

To: Hayounggie

I'm coming over.

Sent few seconds ago.

 

I quickly dashed out of the room, grabbing my jacket on the way. I ran downstairs and then I jogged to the front door. 

"I'm going over to Hayoung's!" I said to the maids as I quickly got up after putting on my shoes and dashed outside. I was panting heavily as I reached her house. I pressed the door bell. After a few minutes, I saw the door opening. 

I was about to say something when my gaze shifted on the person in front of the door. My jaw literally dropped to the ground. I stood there, trying to get my mind fixed because it was totally blank at the moment. 

"Hi there, Kai." Kris said as he leaned on the door. This pulled me out of my daze. 

I checked the surroundings to see if I came to the right place. And unfortunately, I came to the right place.

Okay.

What.

The.

Is. 

Kris.

Wu.

Doing.

At.

Hayoung's.

House?!

"Got any business here, man? Or came to stalk the girl?" Kris asked with a smirk.

I stared at him blankly as my blood started to boil. Before I could realize it, my hands were already clenched into fists.

I wanted to punch this bastard right across his face RIGHT NOW. I stepped closer to him. As I was about to snap back at him, a voice spoke up.

"Kris what's going o- KAI?!" It was Hayoung. She looked at me eyes wide and then she shifted her gaze to Kris.

"Kai what are you doing here?" she spoke up as she shifted her gaze back at me.

"What is he doing here?" I asked as I kept glaring at Kris. I felt my heart burning into ashes. I saw Hayoung close her eyes as she let out a long sigh. 

"Kai. It's very late. Go home." she said.

"I ASKED WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?" I yelled as I was not able to take it anymore.

"THAT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS KAI!" she yelled back. I felt a hard sting in my heart. I clenched my fist as hard as I could. Unnoticed by me, my nails were digging into my palm. 

"Fine. Do what you want. I have no right to be here anyway." I said with clenched teeth while glaring at the ground. Without looking back, I dashed out of the garden.

I ran into my house,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter