The Awakening

Forbidden Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

Gushing wind, rustling bushes and trees, and the sky getting dark as the sun begins to set. Yet a girl is walking along the forest trail, not listening to her older sister calling her out.

At this time and day, is the Queen’s daughter’s 500th year, and the Queen is hunting down a prey herself for her Beloved Princess. With sharp claws, pale skin, fast movements and sharp fangs, the Queen noticed the girl.

In one glance, the girl vanished and the older sister cried out. Screaming her younger sister’s name as the Queen headed back to her castle with the younger girl in her hands.

 

“Where’s the Princess?” the Queen asked once she stepped foot inside. The servants bowed to her as the head butler pointed the direction of the Princess’ room.

Inside the room was a white elegant coffin in the middle. With candles and red roses surrounding it, the Queen walked near it and opened the coffin.

The Queen cut her left wrist and positioned it above the corpse’s mouth, letting her blood drip down into it.

“Wake up my Princess... Nicole”

                                                                                                                     

 

 

Nikki’s POV

 

I can feel every flesh in my body turns to life as someone continued dripping down blood into my mouth. The numbness that had once invaded my body was now gone as I can feel my hands and feet.

I opened my eyes, as its colour turns from black to red. I sat up only to see my mother with a beautiful yet wicked smile on her face.

“Good morning” She greeted me, “How’s your long sleep?” She asked, reminding me that I’ve been inside my coffin for a hundred years now, sleeping.

My mother, Valerie Victoria Renee, was known for being the most powerful of our kind. She was most feared by humans and even vampires during the Old ages because of the enormous numbers of deaths done by her.

She was also known as the cruel Red Queen of the Vamps while others would just say she’s a Legendary Monster.

 

“What year is it today?” I asked straight-forwardly as I look outside the window. It was already dark, the sun had completely set and the moon shines brightly above.

“Welcome to the year 20XX, my dear child” my mother held my hand and helped me get out of the coffin.

“Do you feel thirsty? Having a sleep of almost a hundred years, I know you’re already hungry” She smiled and snapped her fingers.

A few seconds later, two maids came in dragging a poor girl the room. “Please! Let me go!” The girl said and she struggled at the grips on both of her arms.

The maids threw her to the floor and she groaned in pain, “There, there. Be careful with the princess’ food” Mom told the maids and they bowed. She turned to me with yet another wicked smile. “Drink up” she said, raising her arm pointing at the girl on the floor.

I wanted to protest, but my hunger was unbearable though I don’t want to hurt the poor girl.

My Mom must have noticed that I’m not moving an inc

Please log in to read the full chapter