Chapter 3: “Maybe I was that lazy ?”

Oh, Mom.

“Where do you want to go?”

“Just take this route and it will go straight to the place I’ve wanted to go to.”

TOP followed her orders and as he drove, he felt the familiar breeze of the open area. A house was standing by a corner, its garden partly concealing the place. Bom pointed to the house and he went for it. He parked the car safely by its side and opened the door for Bom. Her knees felt weak as she wobbled out of the car, slamming into TOP’s broad chest. He welcomed her into his arms warmly and dearly.

Soon, the heavens started to cry. It was much unexpected since that y—as of Bom’s point of view—weather woman predicted that all of Korea will experience a very sunny week. They walked under the rain for a while since when TOP said he parked at the side, he didn’t really mean side. And since the house was elevated on a hill, it made it harder for them to walk. Thankfully, a stair of stones showed up to their eyes and they skipped onto it.

Bom was now under Seunghyun’s jacket, shielding her from being wet (although she was already sprinkled with water). In a matter of minutes, they had already arrived the house and Bom kicked the mat and found the key under it. Tabi stood silently, admiring the house. It was their family’s old home. The place he’s standing before is the definition of his childhood home. But, why does Bom knows it? And why is she entering it now?

“Mianhae, Tabi. The house is kinda…old.” said Bom as she eyed Tabi, who was closing the door.

The room looked different to TOP. It was painted in an off-white color; very similar to cream and there were picture frames of Bom’s (?) family hanging onto it.

“H-how did…these get in here?” he pointed to the frames.

“After I left the States, unnie told me that I could use this house. She wanted to give it to Mom but she said she wanted to live in US. But, I waited for two months before I could get here since that lazy who used to stay at this abode needed some time to move in to his apartment.”

Seunghyun scoffed. Then he giggled; then laughed. “Yah…What’s wrong with you?” she asked, irritated by his actions.

“Maybe I was that lazy ?” he replied, a cheeky smile on his face.

“What?!”

“That lazy and his family lived here.”

Bom couldn’t believe what she was hearing. TOP used to live in their house? What in damnation is going on?

“Y-you? You lived here?!”

Seunghyun nodded, his laugh calming down and beginning back to his normal state. Bom sat down on the couch with him, heaving a sigh. The house didn’t change that much since Go Eun, Bom, and Mrs. Park would hide in this place when Mr. Park comes looking for them. Bom’s and Go Eun’s parents had been divorced when they were young and that was the reason why Mrs. Park had to fly back to many places because they were handling the annulment, leaving Bom and Go Eun in the States with their aunt.

Mr. Park was a great man in terms of love, personality, and career. He had never treated the girls, or their mother, inappropriately and unkindly and would always display a cheerful beam on his face which Bom had carried and is showing whenever cameras are around. Many people loved him for he was such a witty businessman and whenever a project comes to his hands, the main investors forced their public representatives to take a rest since it was an honor to be working with him. Approaching him personally and meeting him in public was a very rare chance so each and every one who would want to take part in his business took every moment with him preciously.

Mr. Park was the deal. He was dubbed as the ‘T.O.P.’ of his time coz with every wink and ever wave, all the girls would go gaga and in love with him. He was a charmer; a smooth operator, the definition of a ladies’ man. His wife was really lucky to be his queen. But the reason to why all of their memories had faded in a swoosh of a wind. Bom and Go Eun still didn’t know why.

 “Wanna grab some food?” he said with questioning eyes.

“Sure. I think there’s a directory book in the drawers. Go find something for us to eat and make them deliver it here.” she answered as she got back up.

“Mkay.”

“Don’t forget to include some corn for me!”

Bom left him and went up the stairs. There were three rooms: Bom’s room, Go Eun’s room, and the guest room, which their mom used to sleep in. And, there was this door that led to the balcony. She opened her bedroom and all the stuffed toys she kept as she was growing up were still there. The bed sported some sheets and a blanket in the shade of her favorite color and all the pictures of her childhood and her family were all bordered with all sorts of colored frames, some mounted on the wall and some standing proudly on desks and bedside drawers. Bom noticed that even if there was a family picture of them, the part where his dad was standing was cropped and only the figures of the three ladies were shown on the photograph.

She pulled out a picture from her wallet and pulled out the said frame. Bom inserted the photo into the frame. It was a picture of his father. She missed him so dearly and his hugs that he used to give her were haunting on her mind. It was too extraordinary to even forget and Go Eun even thought that with every embrace they had, it felt magical.

“Appa…Please reunite once more with Umma. She misses you. She needs you.” she caressed the picture before hanging it back on the lime green painted wall.

-------------

TOP scratched his head before speaking to the caller on the other line.

“Eh? So, you mean  hotdogs aren’t made of hot dogs? What kind of a hotdog pizza is that if it ain’t made of a real animal?”

“Sir, hotdogs are made of animals. I guess.”

“Whatever. Let’s stop this, I’ll just order some Hawaiian pizza. Make sure that those pineapples are made of fruits and not pine…apples (Apples from pine trees? Hohoho!)” Seunghyun replied, his eyes scanning through the pages of the delivery leaflet.

“May that be all, Sir?”

“Oh! And corn! Fresh, buttered corn!”

“Alright. The delivery usually takes ten minutes since you said the location would be a little far from our branch. And if it comes late, your pizza is free.” said the Delivery girl by the counter.

“And if it’s really late?” he asked again. ‘Such an annoying customer.’ the lady thought.

“It’s still free, Sir.”

“Mkay. But if it’s really, REALLY, late, I’mma slap your delivery guy and ALSO take the buttered corn for FREE.”

And the mischievous alien hung up.

-------------

“I wonder what’s in here…”

As Bom entered the large balcony, she witnessed the rain dropping on the ground. It’s a good thing their balcony didn’t exceed further or else it would be all slippery and wet. Thankfully, the tiles were dry and clean. She spotted a chair and sat down as the cool breeze flew by her.

“Ah…It’s so cold…” she rubbed her clammy hands together, her folded sleeves extended to conceal her long arms.

She wandered around the place and noticed a stack of papers lying on the floor, bound by a rubber band. She picked it up and discovered that they were letters. She took one out and was astounded when she had seen her name written on the front of the envelope.

She read it out loud.

“To my dearest Bommie, from…Umma?”

------------

Hey, everyone! Long time no update, huh? Ooh! I'm so curious! What did Bom's Umma wrote in those letters? Leave me a comment and tell me what ya think about it. I think I'mma go try updating 'Unexpected Expectations' for now. And be sure to check out my new oneshot, 'In my dream.'

Here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/68816/in-my-dream-choiseunghyun-oneshot-parkbom-topbom

Have a fun night, ya'll! AJ looooooves YOU! :)

 

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE. Kekeke. :D

 

--AJ. ;)