Identity Known

By Chance

 

 

 

 

“If you will find me in the future then you will know my real name! Teddy will help you find me,” she shouted back.

            “Of course. I will find you, my Rabbit!”

            After that day, I don’t feel going out of the house anymore. There’s no one I would like to play with. So, I always stay at the house together with the stuff toy Rabbit has given to me.

 

Years have passed and still, no luck has come to me.

“How can you help me find Rabbit, huh?” I said while talking to Teddy, making me like a lunatic.

            Out of the blue, I touch something at the back of Teddy. I took it and notice that it’s my one and only picture together with Rabbit. Her mom takes a picture of us while we’re playing tea party.

“You’re so cute here, preparing a tea for me. When can we see each other again, Rabbit?” I suddenly uttered while looking at the picture.

And when I’m going to put it back, I noticed that the back part has some writings on it.

 

“Dragon~

Hello, my Dragon! I’m giving you Teddy so you will always remember me. I hope you find this picture sooner so you can find me easier and we’ll be together again.  Remember, God has a perfect timing: never early, never late. It takes a little patience and a lot of faith. But it’s worth the wait.

Keep in your mind and heart that I will always wait for you… I guess…

 I’ll see you soon… ^_^

 

Your Rabbit,

S. P.

 

As my mind fully processed the events, my feet makes me run going to somewhere I don’t know and my eyes looking for the girl which I barely notice. Good thing my mind was now in normal condition that I remember that I saw something in her notebook like it’s her class section. I immediately open it in first page and saw what I was looking for.

           

“Class 4-A #44. You’re really unique, Rabbit. You didn’t write your name yet you write your section.” I chuckled while I proceed to her room.

 

I stopped right in front of the room when I remembered something.

            ‘Oh no! How would I know if it’s her if I don’t know her name? C’mon, think.’ I thought.

            “How did you get my notebook?” she said a little bit shocked while staring at the notebook that I was holding.

            “I finally found you…” I muttered.

            “What?” she says, eyeing me suspiciously.

            “It… it went a little bit farther than your other things when we bump into each other a while ago. So… so, I came here to give it back to you, Rabbit.” I said while decreasing my tone until the word ‘Rabbit’ came like a whisper.

            “Thanks.” She said as she grabbed her notebook and walk away from me. Suddenly, she turns back and walks toward me.

            “What did you just said?”

            “Huh?”

            “What did you just said earlier and what did you call me?”

            “Uhmm… that your notebook went a little bit farther so I came here to give it back to you?”

            “No, no. Not that. I heard that very clearly. But I barely heard you called me… Rabbit? Is that right?”

“Yes.” I said weakly.

“Wait, did you read it in my notebook or… are you–“

“Dragon. Yes, I am your Dragon though I also read it in your notebook.”

“God has a perfect timing,” I started.

“Never early, never late.”  She follows.

“It takes a little patience and a lot of faith. But it’s worth the wait.” And we both say it together.

“I finally found you, my Rabbit.”

 

She hugged me just like when we will be apart although this time it’s like that nothing would let us be separated.