Dragon and Rabbit

By Chance

 

 

 

 

Being a transferee student, it seems hard to find a friend easily.

As I was going down the hallway to go to the cafeteria, I accidentally bump to a girl. It caused for her things to fall down.

“Sorry.” I muttered while I’m helping her to get her things.

“Here,” I said as I give back her things. She immediately grabs it away from me and walks like in a hurry.

 

Then, I noticed a notebook a little bit far away from where I was standing. Being curious to who the owner is, I grab it. I checked the contents to find any clues to know whom it belongs. I scan it and suddenly, memories of my childhood flashes into my mind as my eyes were fixed in the scribbles on the notebook.

 

Dragon and Rabbit forever… 

 

God has a perfect timing: never early, never late. It takes a little patience and a lot of faith. But it’s worth the wait.

I’ll wait for you, my Dragon…

           

            It was late summer when my family has moved in this place. Because of my parent’s work, we have to switch different places every now and then. A few days later, I met an interesting girl at the park that captures my attention. It seems that she wants to be alone or no one wants to play with her because she only stays in a corner in the park. Being a friendly person that I am, I went to her and started to make friends with her.

            “Hello, little girl. May I join your little tea party?” I asked which made her surprised.

            “D… Dragon…” she blurted out, making me confused.

            “Uhm… what did you just say?”

            “Dragon… you’re my Dragon.”

            “Am I that scary?”

            “No!!,” she said immediately, which makes me laugh a bit.

            “I see… you’ll now be my rabbit, then?”

            “Ye… rabbit, it is.”

 

            From that time, we always play together. I never find her boring to be with just like other kids that just play with me because of my toys. I find her different, or shall I say… unique in a different way.      

 

Many says that ‘everything has its own ending’. And maybe, also for us.

           

“Do you really need to moved?” I said weakly but not letting her notice it.

            “My mom says so. We’re going to live together with my aunt because she’s sick and no one will take care of her.”

            “Oh. Is that so? I hope we’ll see each other soon.”

            “Of course. Friends till the end, right?”

            “Right…”

            “Let’s go. We will be late now.” Her mother calls out as she finishes putting all their things in the back of the car.

            “Coming, mom. Goodbye, Dragon.” She says as she gives a stuff toy to me and hugs me.

            I look at it then at her. And all of a sudden, I remember something. I still don’t know her real name. We always call each other as ‘Dragon’ and ‘Rabbit’

            “Rabbit, I still don’t know your real name!” I shouted because she’s a little bit far from me and hoping that she will hear me…