Chapter 1

You
 

 

SR : Stop right there hyung!!! (sobbing uncontrollably)

 

GD : Maknae-ah....please....

 

SR : STOP HYUNG!!!

 

GD : OK OK!!! I will stand right here....

 

GD pointed to the spot where he is standing.

 

Police sirens could be heard seven floors down. 

 

The fire department was busily hurrying to set up the air bag below on the ground. 

 

Seungri looked down at the tiny specks moving around rapidly below. 

 

Hurrying to save his life. 

 

His pathetic life he thought.

 

His tear-stained cheeks had dried up. 

 

His eyes were so puffy from all the crying before. 

 

His knees were starting to give way but he held on to stand up straight. 

 

He spread his arms wide open to balance himself. 

 

Pretty ironic for someone whose next intention was to fall. 

 

Just fall.

 

A policeman through a loudhailer : Come down from there son!  Whatever it is, we can talk blah blah blah...

 

Seungri started to block out whatever the police negotiator was saying through the loudhailer.

 

He looked up into the clear blue sky and thought to himself, "What a nice day it was.....to die...."

 

GD : Seungri.....Why are you doing this? Tell me what's wrong!  Is it Ayu?  Did she do something wrong?  Did she cheat on you?  Then she is NOT worth it MAKNAE-AH!!!

 

Seungri smirked to himself all the while through GD's frantic rantings. 

 

He was glad however that his back was facing the crowd behind him. 

 

GD, Bae and a swarm of policemen on standby to execute a swift grab and pull him back to safety. 

 

Safety?

 

He smiled to himself. 

 

Safety was the last thing in his mind now.

 

SR : It was you....

 

GD looked confused.  What? Me? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? TURN AROUND AND TALK TO ME SEUNGRI-AH!!!

 

SR : She did NOTHING wrong. 

 

Seungri emphasised on the word 'nothing' in a sarcastic tone. 

 

Bae who was silently watching the whole thing unfold, started to figure things out.

 

The letters received with a distinctive bad handwriting. 

 

The cheesy words strung together to form a sentence which almost sounded like an elementary school kid.

 

 The corky and yet innocent content that seemed to almost echo the personality of the intended recipient. 

 

The late nights. 

 

The constants coming home in a drunken stupor and ever present lipstick stains on his shirt's arm sleeves and hands, NOT his cheeks. 

 

His constants need to drop by the nearby postal office to 'pay his bills', even though his manager does it for him monthly. 

 

His sudden interest in  women's perfume - Hugo Boss for Women, which has a uni appeal. 

 

Even his ideal girl had somehow managed to remain consistent lately during TV or magazines interviews. 

 

Someone with a short hair and a fun personality. 

 

Possessed a wholesome smile that can turn into a smirk with a slight uprise of the left side of .  

 

His unusual large bulk online purchases of mirrors in all shapes and sizes and placing them in all corners of his room. 

 

He would constantly excuse himself every night to take a call in his room INSTEAD of staying in the living room and talking obnoxiously loud, in a bid to make his hyungs envious of him. 

 

His joyous laughters behind closed door. 

 

The constant postponement whenever the BB hyungs wanted to meet his new girl. 

 

His lame excuses for not even wanting to show off her pictures to them, saying that he don't want his hyungs to fall in love with her instead. 

 

It all seemed pretty normal at first. 

 

But what was normal to the rest of the world, wasn't the same case when it involves his maknae, Seungri.

 

Bae finally spoke.

 

YB : Seungri...

 

Seungri's train of thought broke. 

 

He heard the reassuring voice of his hyung, Yongbae. 

 

Yongbae always took it upon himself to dispense advice to him as well as mete out punishments whenever he felt Seungri was out of line or being plain lazy.

 

SR : Hyung.....

 

Bae's heart broke a little, hearing his maknae's child-like voice. 

 

As if he was begging for help. 

 

Begging for someone to hold him tight and keep him safe from harm. 

 

Begging for someone to catch him when he fall. 

 

Begging for someone to save him in spite of the grave situation they found themselves in.

 

YB : Your mother.....Seungri.....your mother.....think of her......(Bae said urgently...)

 

Seungri choked on his own tears when he heard his mother being mentioned.

 

SR : No....hyung.....(choked)....please stop....(choked)...don't go on.....

 

Seungri's eyes started to well up again.

 

YB : No...I won't stop!....I won't stand by and let you break your mother heart....You broke it once before when you asked if you can come to Seoul alone to become a singer.....YOU broke her heart AGAIN when you failed to make it to BB the 1st time round and came back to Gwangju as a failure!!!

 

GD's mind went blank, seeing his bff rip his maknae apart. 

 

He was worried Bae reverse psychology might backfire and instead just push Seungri further over the edge.

 

GD : STOP IT BAE!!!! WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING!!!!

 

GD grabbed hold of Bae's arms and tried to push him to the nearest adjacent wall to make him stop talking. 

 

But to no avail, Bae simply shrugged off his bff and took another step forward closer to the visibly shaken boy who was standing at the edge of the roof. 

 

The autumn wind was blowing through Seoul and Seungri was starting to resent the coldness of the autumn wind. 

 

YB : I can't stand a coward like you who want to take the easy way out of life!

 

SR : But hyung.....*sob sob* I am just..........so........tired.........I can't go on anymore.....*sniff*

 

YB : Then talk to me....talk to us maknae......Jiyong is your favourite hyung right? 

 

Bae felt a stab in his heart when he mouthed those words. 

 

Because he knew it is true. 

 

No matter how much care and concern he showed Seungri,  Jiyong will always be his favourite hyung.....

 

SR : Jiyong? Jiyong?  hahahaha!!!

 

Seungri sniggered at the very thought. 

 

Yes, he did tell the whole world countless time before. 

 

But when the news report broke that Jiyong had many secret rendezvous with that Japanese model, Kiko in Japan,  he changed his mind. 

 

In a split second, those nights they spent together in bed, talking and dreaming about their future together went down the drain.

 

Those numerous times Jiyong proclaimed his undying adoration for his maknae meant nothing more than Jiyong's way of jumping on the fanservice train. 

 

Even Seungri had been taken for a ride.

 

SR : He meant NOTHING to me........

 

GD felt like he couldn't breathe when he heard those words from his maknae's mouth.

 

SR : ....and I meant NOTHING to him....

 

YB : But you meant something to me....

 

YB's eyes started to tear up abit. 

 

He can't stand the fact that his maknae hurting so bad that he felt he had no other choice but to end his life. 

 

He was even more upset that Seungri failed to ask for HIS help when he is hurting. 

 

YB : Why can't you see that.....

 

Seungri took a deep breath. 

 

He knew that Yongbae had loved him unconditionally up till now. 

 

In his own quiet and calm way. 

 

Never moving forward and taking charge though. 

 

Just staying in the background. 

 

In the shadow of his bff, Jiyong. 

 

Seungri did loved Yongbae but he loved Jiyong more. 

 

He hated himself for hurting Yongbae but his stubborn heart had chosen Jiyong and there is nothing he can do about it. 

 

That's why he thought it would be better to keep his Yongbae hyung at arm's length. 

 

At a distance. 

 

So as to not further hurt him. 

 

One-sided love usually does not ends well for all parties involved.

 

SR : I am sorry hyung......I really am....But hyung.....

 

YB : Yes Seungri...

 

SR : Tell my mother I loved her so much....

 

YB : Tell her yourself....

 

SR : Tell my father to take care of my mother and dongsaeng....

 

YB : Tell him YOURSELF!

 

SR : Tell him to take care of himself too....

 

YB : SEUNGRI.....blah blah blah...

 

Seungri cut off Bae abruptly.

 

SR : Tell them I am sorry and that I love them alot...

 

Bae moved a little closer to Seungri fearing the worst.

 

SR : HYUNG!! Don't come any closer or I WILL JUMP RIGHT NOW!!!!

 

Bae froze in his step.

 

Both Bae and Seungri didn't even realised that GD who had been keeping quiet all this while, had slowly made his way closer and closer to Seungri.

 

Seungri calmed down a little.

 

SR : Tell my little sister to make our parents proud...

 

YB : Seungri...please.....stop...it...

 

SR : ....and I hope she was proud of me too.....

 

YB dropped to his knees at this point.  He was starting to sob uncontrollably.

 

SR : Tell everyone that I am sorr....OIT!!!!! WHAT THE!!!!!

 

In a swift move, GD grabbed hold of Seungri's right ankle in a bid to pull him back to safety. 

 

Unfortunately, Seungri spun around in shock and slipped over the edge. 

 

GD managed to grab hold onto Seungri's hands. 

 

GD struggled to pull Seungri back up. 

 

Bae and the police squad rushed over to help GD pull Seungri in.

 

Seungri found himself face to face with GD. 

 

Even as GD was struggling with all his might to hold onto his maknae, Seungri noticed how handsome his hyung was. 

 

He looked so serene in spite of the unfortunate situation that they are in. 

 

His emaciated face due to chain smoking. 

 

His perfectly bleached platinum blonde hair.

 

His GD&TOP bunny earrings. 

 

His luscious lips that used to kiss his forehead every night before they snuggled together in bed.

 

SR : Hyung...

 

GD : Maknae....hurry up!!!....Hold my hand!!!!....Pull yourself up!!!!

 

Several policement held onto GD waist for fear that Seungri's weight and gravity might pulled him over the edge as well. 

 

Bae and another policeman held onto GD's arms on either side to help him pulled Seungri up.

 

YB : Seungri!! Pull yourself up!!!

 

Seungri looked at Yongbae who had bend over the edge, standing to the right of GD, struggling with all his might to pull him up.

 

SR : Hyung.....

 

GD : SHUT UP AND PULL YOURSELF UP!!!

 

YB : PULL DAMNIT PULL!!!

 

Policeman 1 : Don't worry kid!!! We got you!!! Just pull yourself up!!!

 

Seungri kept looking at the frantic faces of all those trying their best to save him. 

 

It felt so surreal to him.

 

He had made a will the week before, bequeathing his earnings from BB, his solo works, his variety shows appearance fees, his profits generated from his Seungri Academies to his parents. 

 

He opened a trust fund account for his little sister when she turned 25. 

 

He had placed ownership of his academies to his favourite noona, Sandara Park of 2NE1. 

 

She was worthy of being his successor. 

 

His first graduate from Seungri Academy. 

 

A little smile broke on his face.

 

He half wished that he had a chance to take Sandara noona on a date.

 

His parents and sister however, would be well taken care of.

 

Yongbae hyung love him so much. 

 

He would forgive him. 

 

Eventually.

 

GD hyung....on the other hand....

 

Would he be hurt?

 

Hopefully.....

 

He...

 

...would...

 

...be....

 

...hurt...

 

....badly....

 

Seungri smiled even wider. 

 

Yongbae noticed his smile. 

 

Panic overcame him.

 

YB : Seungri....no Seungri....NO SEUNGRI!!!!!.....DON'T DO IT!!!!

 

But it was too late.

 

Seungri had made up his mind.

 

He slowly lifted his fingers, freeing them from GD's grip.

 

One at a time.

 

....His pinky.

 

....His ring finger.

 

GD finally realised what his bff was screaming about. 

 

He looked up to Seungri who was smiling back at him. 

 

Then he noticed his loosening grip.

 

....His middle finger.

 

....His index finger

 

GD : WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING!!!! GRAB HOLD ONTO ME!!!! IT'S NOT FUNNY MAKNAE!!!!!HOLD ME!!!!

 

Seungri continued loosening his fingers till GD was only holding onto his right hand. 

 

Seungri was dangerously suspended in mid-air.

 

SR : Goodbye....hyung....(Seungri said, looking at YB....)

 

YB : NO SEUNGRI!!! I WON'T LET YOU GO!!!!

 

Seungri turned to look at GD. 

 

GD looked at Seungri, half expecting Seungri to bade farewell to him.

 

But.....

 

....he....

 

....said....

 

...nothing....

 

GD's eyes widened in horror. 

 

Seungri grabbed hold of GD's hand and forcefully struggled to free his right hand.

 

The policemen, GD, YB struggled frantically to grab hold of the suicidal kid.

 

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

Thud