The first step (#2)

The Kingdom

Sangdo wandered clueless through the hallways of the Dragons household. 4 floors of wealth and richness, filled by luxury furnitures and magnificent portraits that covered the main stairs’ wall.  It was midday, and he had nothing else to do except of walking around and look at the daily routine in the Upper Level from the balcony the was placed over the main entrance.
“Dragon Sangdo.” He heard Jongsoo from the door, standing upright with his hands behind his back - what a posture. Sangdo thought once, until he got used to the respectful servant. “Your brother is looking for you.”
“Tell him I’m busy.” He stared down at the passing Wizards and pre-Wizards, spreading all over the area for lunch.
“May I ask, what is your occupation?”
“Relaxing.”
“I’m not sure Sehyuk will be satisfied with this answer…”
“Then tell him to get lost.”
“I can’t tell him that either…”
Sangdo, sighed and turned around to look back at Jongsoo, who was now shadowed by a familiar figure.
“It’s okay Jongsoo. You may go back inside.”
“Yes Dragon Sehyuk.” And he entered with quick steps. Sangdo turned back to the his view, now looking beyond the Upper Level’s walls, seeking for any attraction at the Middle Level, or maybe even at the Lions’ districts if his eyes could catch the distant view.
“Are you still bothered by Byungjoo’s vision?”
“It’s part of it.”
“I can guarantee you, it is impossible. Lets go back inside and tell me what is really going on.”
“Why? Why not here? Are you afraid your loyal subjects will see your true face when you’ll yell at me?” Sangdo kept his back against Sehyuk, inhaling and exhaling in a slow pace, letting the warm air fill his lungs.
“I will not tolerate this tone, Sangdo.”
“Then don’t. I want to stay here.” Sehyuk was actually expected this kind of rebelliousness from his brother, noting himself their previous conversation at the auditorium. He lifted his hand and signaled two of the Royal Knights behind him to grab Sangdo by his arms and shoulder - forcing him inside and slamming him against the wall. They turned back to Sehyuk and bowed, leaving the two of them alone. Sehyuk walked towards his now indoors brother, gripping his jacket’s collar and pulling him forward.

“Now, isn’t it more comfortable inside?”
“You are insane.”
“I am not. I am a ruler.”
“There is not much difference.”

“You are part of the rule! Don’t forget what you promised to our father!”
“It’s not all about him, Sehyuk!” As Sangdo was protesting against his brother’s grip, the other stared at him like prey.
“It. Is. Dragon. Sehyuk.”
“I’m your brother Sehyuk. Not your subject. I grew up with you, I know your weak points, I know your deepest secrets - I’m not a servant. I will address you in any way I want.”
“Do you realize your situation now?!”
“I do. And I’m not scared anymore. What are you going to do? Hit me? Kill me? Exile me? I don’t think even a monster like you can hurt his precious little brother.”
“If I were you I would shut the up before I will do something I’ll regret later.”
“I am who I am, and I am your brother, a human.”
“You are a Dragon Sangdo! We were meant to rule!”
“Actual Dragons does not exist. So as our superiority.” Sangdo never left Sehyuk’s eyes - finally making an eye contact, fighting with the urge to look away and run. “You are no different than a Lion.”

The younger’s words hit Sehyuk like a punch. He could feel his brain filling with rage and wrath, wrath that flowed all the way to his hand which slapped Sangdo’s face - leaving his cheek red and throbbing. The older stared fearlessly at Sangdo, half-proud of what he did - the sound of the hit still echoing in the hallways for him.
“Goodbye Sehyuk. I will not serve anymore by your side.” And Sangdo left. He didn’t even stumped his way down the stairs, and he didn’t show any signs of anger - it just drove Sehyuk crazy.
‘How could he leave like that?! Come back here and punch me! Protect your dignity!’
But he just left. Sehyuk dropped on his knees, fingers tangled harshly in his dark hair, and he let out a crying scream to the air. An empty scream that filled the empty rooms of the household.

 

* * * * *

 

The young former Dragon made his way down the stairs, closing his eyes tightly as he heard Sehyuk’s scream from the 2nd floor. He knows he made the right move, he wanted to do it for a long time - only now he had the guts to do so.
Finally he untangled himself from his brother’s grip - finally he can live without the worries of being a ruling Dragon. Although, he knows Sehyuk will be devastated by it, after all he is still his brother, monster or not.
He finally reached the first floor which was the Council hall that included the auditorium, Hansol’s office and the archives. Today there was no Council gathering, and the hall was empty like a graveyard. Sangdo rested his back against the handrail of the stairs, sighing and looking at nothing. Yards ahead, there was a Lion, bending over the floor and scraping its surface with a raggedy mop, not even noticing the Dragon’s figure from the distant. As he was watching over the hardworking Lion, he heard footstep - he didn’t know why, but he quickly tried to hide, probably wants to avoid any contact with someone at the moment, thinking they might bother him.

A figure was making its way through the main hall, a dark hood cloaking around. The Lion rose from the floor with a smile and gestured the alleged Wizard into the auditorium - the door opened, and they both went in, not making any sounds.
Sangdo’s curiosity took over him, and he stepped closr to the main hall, looking with knitted eyebrows at the auditorium door. What was going on there? A Lion and a Wizard? They can’t possibly-!
“-He acclimatized well as a Knight. No one suspects he is a Lion.” He heard a familiar voice.
“Acclimatized..?” now another voice, but he didn’t recognized this one.
“It means he settled there well.”
“Oh what a relief!”
“Do you remember what are the next steps? Dongsung was quite frustrated by you when he tried to explain it over and over again the other night.”
“Yes I do… He will pretend to be a pre-Wizard so he can gain their trust and strike from the inside, blah blah blah…”
Sangdo cracked the door open, letting his eyes look at the Wizard, that now he recognized as Hojoon, and the unfamiliar Lion, who proceeded talking.
“I’m just not sure what I’m suppose to do now… To sit and wait?”
“Basically.”
“We’re going to need to find a hiding place in here from the second step.. How can we-”
“I think I can help with that.” Sangdo open the door and stepped in, closing it quickly behind him - the two looked at him terrified. A Dragon heard their talk.
“D-Dragon Sangdo..! This is not what you think!” Hojoon immediately stepped away from Taeyang.
“I prefer you not to address me as ‘Dragon' any longer please.”
“I don’t understand… But trust me I don’t know what you’ve heard but it’s not what you-”
“It’s okay Wizard Hojoon.”
“But-”
“I’m no longer a Dragon. I hated to be one. I hate… him.” They all knew who he meant, and Hojoon’s eyes widened.
“Are you telling me… You don’t want Dragon Sehyuk to rule?”
“I don’t want any of my family members to.”
“This is… Really unexpected…”
“One question, Wizard Hojoon.”
“Y-Yes?”
“Aren’t you going to introduce me the Lion?” He smiled, and glared towards Taeyang. Except of servants and maids, he never made any actual contact with a Lion - he have been told they are contaminated, evil and disgraced, not someone he can trust.

Hojoon explained carefully that Taeyang is the new cleaner of the household, and after few more tough question he cracked and told him the basics of their plan - what surprised Hojoon the most, is that he wanted to join them. He wanted to overthrow the Dragons authority as well.
It was a shock at first, and Taeyang was sure he is just trying to manipulate them - but there was something so honest about it. Hojoon remembered how the Dragon in front of him used to fear so much from his own brother, so it was so obvious he wouldn’t want him to rule as much as he didn’t enjoyed his position as a Dragon.
“You have one complicated plan there.” Sangdo said as Hojoon finished explaining, Taeyang standing to his right. “I really think I can facilitate.”
“How?” Taeyang stepped in.
“I may not be a Dragon any longer, but I’m still part of the royal family, and I do have control and power over the people who works here. The only difference in my state right now is that I don’t get to participate in the meetings. Which I hardly did anyway…”
“What kind of help can you provide?”
“I know the household’s every corner. There are many rooms that are not in use. When you’ll reach your second step I can make sure no one will find the squad.”
“I planned on hiding them in the archives since I’m the only one who comes in there…”
“Too risky, Wizard Hojoon.”
“I know, I have no other choice.”
“But now you got me.” He grinned. “Now go and inform this Dongsung of yours. He is a brave little guy.”
“I think he is older than you…” Taeyang said, tilting his head as Hojoon hissed in his direction.
“Haha, it’s okay, I’m not biting… Have a good day gentlemen, return to your home safely.” Sangdo said as his exited the auditorium majestically, leaving the other two by themselves.
“Well, that was… unexpected.” Hojoon said. “I must go to the archives now before I’ll go home. Return to your district before the closing.” Taeyang nodded and rushed out of the auditorium, placing his cleaning materials on their regular place.

When he finally reached the Upper Level’s gate, he saw Dongsung waiting for him at the entrance.
“Took you long enough! I was worried!”
“I’m sorry Dongsung! You will never believe what happened!”
“I’m a little afraid to ask-”
“Sangdo, Sehyuk’s brother is no longer a Dragon. He wants to help us.”
“You better be joking right now.” Dongsung’s eyes widened in surprise, lips parted in shock.
“It’s true! He talked to me and Hojoon and he really wanted to participate… I was a little scared, I have to say.”
“Well this is huge thing! Now we can-” Dongsung train of thought was interrupted as he glared at the man who walked in front of them - Hansol, the head of the Council. his sapphire bracelet glinted and brightened against his hand, making it obvious who he really is.
“A-And don’t ever bother clinging to me like that again you Lion brat!” Dongsung started at Taeyang, who looked confused at the light haired pre-Wizard.
“Good evening, student. I heard from Wizard Taeil you are the newest student of his, am I right?” Hansol spoke to Dongsung, holding a bunch of books under his arm as the other was stretched towards the disguised Lion.
“Yes I am, Wizard Hansol. I’m Choi Dongsung.”
“Choi? Interesting. It always makes me happy to see more people wanting to be part of the rule.” wow, this is exactly what Jiho said. “Are you having problems with our cleaner?”
“No, nothing important… You may proceed in your way.”
“Good night Dongsung, sleep well.”
“The same goes for you, Wizard Hansol.” and he bowed, waiting for the little man to pass him out of his sight.
“Why did you yell at me like that?!” Taeyang smacked Dongsung’s arm after Hansol was far enough.
“I didn’t want him to think a Knight is befriending with a Lion! Next to others I must act as a noble, remember?”
“Oh… It makes sense then.” Taeyang said, and Dongsung Sighed.
“It’s weird, you know.”
“What’s weird?”
“This Hansol has no Idea I’m going to murder him soon. How bizarre.”
“It is needed, and you know it… You are the one who decided that.”
“I know… But only now I can see he is an actual person.”
“A cruel one, as I heard.”
“You’re right Taeyang. For the sake of my people, I must.” And they started directing south, back to their district before sunset - Everyone must be so worried about him by now, but he had no time to be bothered by that.
The first step officially took off.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is the 2nd part of chapter 4! Hope you liked it ^^ Not so long ik~ 
And finally Hansol and Gohn kinda interacted yayyyy (I'm a bad fic writer TT_TT)
peace out

 

tumblr_n0shg5yEDS1slzjyqo1_r1_500.gif