Connections

The Kingdom

It was the same every night. Dongsung was sick and tired of this. Rolling in his own bed, the nightmares attacked him again, cold sweat coating his forhead. As the sun fired a light beam into the bedroom. Dongsung woke up instantly, sitting up rapidly, staring at his own lap while breathing heavily.
The same nightmare as always. Same war. Same adrenaline. Same blood - his, and his friends’. He was still very young, but had a lot of responsebillity to deal with - planning a mutiny wasn’t suppose to be in his priorities at all, but after his parents were taken away during the mutiny last year, he knew he must  fill their roles - as the leaders of the Lions’ underground. Dongsung knew his parents were not alive anymore. No one have returned after being taken away by the Knights - All the mutiny leaders from last year were executed, no exceptions.

 

Dongsung sent a hand to the bed beside him, shaking lightly his brother’s shoulder as he watched the boy squeazing his eyes tighter before opening them tiredly. Sangwon was his entire world now. He couldn’t let anything happen to him… He was just a little boy, though Sangwon hated to be called that way - he was only few years younger than Dongsung.
“Sangwon, wake up. You need to go to school.” Dongsung whispered his order, getting off his own bed, stepping on the old wooden floor, rubbing his eyes so he can get used to his awakeness. With a quick jump, Sangwon already stepped behind his brother, following him to the kitchen.
Well, you can’t really call it a kitchen. It had few closets and a table with few old chairs, but thats it. Food was lacking, just like every house in the Southen district. The Southern district was the 2nd worst district to live in. The Northern was the worst, while the Eastern and the Western had some advantages - but the Lions’ districts were still the worst place to be in if you are a new citizen in Canibus.
Dongsung never liked the Dragons or the Wizards. For some reason he could forgive particular Knights because he knew they were mostly puppets of the Council, but he was disgust by the royal family. Sitting on their asses all day in the Upper Level, where the the WLU and the Dragons’ household were - guarded 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The entire Upper Level was surrounded buy a massive wall, with 4 guarding towers around it, making it immpossible to cross if you won’t enter from the main gate. Everytime Dongsung thought about this wall, he could almost feel the failure of the up-coming mutiny he is about to plan.

 

Dongsung opened one of the upper closets, seeking for the last pieces of bread they still owned. He grabbed it and turned around to his brother, tossing him the half of it. They sat down on the chairs as they ate their breakfast.
“I want to go with you.” Sangwon suddenly spoke.
“You can’t and you know it.” Dongsung answered, glancing at the boy.
You started working around my age.”
“It was different. I needed to help mom and dad at the quarry. I don’t want you to drop school.” He remembered how he had to give up aducation 5 years ago when the taxes got higher and the family needed more money.
“Than why can’t I help you?”
“I don’t need help, It’s just the two of us.” He hated to remind it to his brother and to himself everytime.
“Than at least let me join the underground. I want to be useful!”
“No. End of discussion.”
“But-”
“I need to go. Promise me you won’t skip school.” Dongsung said coldly as he noticed his Lions mates walking down the street, directing to the quarry site at the outskirts of the city. He tied his shoe laces and stepped towards the door, sending a warm smile to Sangwon as he patted his head.

He looked at the workers wandering in the same direction, looking for his own friends. When he finally spotted one of them, He joined Hyunho and his girlfriend Chaerin. Hyunho was his best friend - they grew up together and their families are very familier - at least they were. Hyunho’s parents and brother were also taken away by the Knights last year.
Dongsung greeted the couple with a smile, recieiving a smiling nod from both of them. Charin was holding Hyunho by his arm, walking together simultaneously.

 

When it came to couples in the Lions’ districts, there weren’t actually dates. Most of them were arrenged marriage, and some, just like Hyunho and Charin, were actually on the scent of love. When he thought about it, Hyunho and Chaerin never really dated - It’s like one day they woke up and became a couple.
When their parents were taken away last year, Hyunho became Dongsung’s assistant. Unlike Dongsung, who wanted the Dragons’ authority to be gone - Hyunho wanted a revenge. He decided to join the underground and help his friend even though the other insisted it was not necessery. Dongsung can swear that if it wasn’t the supervising, armed Knights in the quarry - Hyunho would rip Hyosang’s head off with his bare hands. Everyone knew how close him and Dragon Sehyuk were.

 

After a short walk, they arrived to the quarry area, saying goodbye to Chaerin who entered with the other female workers to a huge cabin. The males had to work in the quarry itslef, digging the gold on their own, and placing it on the wagons that were finally reaching the sorting cabin - where the females separated the gold itself from the dirt, and organizing it by size in small boxes.
Dongsung entered with Hyunho and the other male under a wide shed, getting their helmets and tools. After getting ready for work, they went to their position in the eastern wall of the quarry. The gold quarry was the largest quarry all over Irascibillem, making the workers a bit proud of their job - it wasn’t just a small, lame quarry at someone’s backyard. At the buttom of the quarry, on it’s surface, Hyosang’s managment offices were placed, small in compare to the site itself. Not once Dogsung thought about breaking in and burn the place to ashes, but eventually - Hyosang’s paychecks were keeping him and Sangwon alive, so burning everything will basically be a suicide.

 

The day started off normally. sounds of picks became a daily harmony to the workers. Not even after ten minute the workers started to dig in their position, Dongsung heard a familiar voice calling his name. He turned around, leaning on his pick as Yoonchul approached him half-smiling. The day he befriended with Yoonchul was the first day he witnessed a Knight doing something nice to a Lion. 2 years ago, Dongsung stomped over a rock, falling backwards on the ground - falling hard. As he saw the tall, well-dressed Knight approaching him he prepared to be yelled at, but instead, a hand pulled him up, while Yoonchul whispered in his ear that it’s okay, and if he need anything, talk to him and him only. It’s unnecessery to say he kept the promise.

 

“I’ll do it quick because Hyosang brought his brother-in-law again, he always bothers me, geez.” Dongsung nodded, looking around and making sure there aren’t any Knights around.
“I was able to pull some strings and I finally made contact with the Eastern disrict. They have metal factories and they can make us some improvised weapon soon. Probably swords and spears.” He spoke quietly with his deep voice, waiting for an accepting expression from Dongsung. Dongsung grinned and tapped shortly on the taller male’s shoulder.
“Thank you, Yoonchul. Please spread on the western wall that there is a meeting today at the usual place.” He spoke quietly too, swallowing hard against his throat. The underground’s meeting were the biggest risk Dongsung ever took in his life - he knew someday he would get cought.
“Sure Dongsung, be careful.” Yoonchul said, looking down the quarry as he noticed Hyosang standing there with Sanggyun, his brother-in-law, and he took off right away before any of them would notice him. Dongsung sighed in relief, looking at the pure-blue sky, not a single cloud appeared, though the sun wasn’t unbearably hot today.
“You! Get back to work!” an angry finger was pointed towards him, it’s owner’s was one of the Knights who supervised the eastern wall. The surprised Lion responded with a bow and hurled the pick into the stoney wall infront if him, making dust and dirt spread into the air.

 

* * * * *

It was noon, and the labor was at it’s peak. Sweat covered every male’s skin, making them shine bright as the sun danced warmly on their exposed arms and face.
Out of the blue, Dongsung and Hyunho could hear horseshoes getting closer and closer - It was a deputation of Royal Knights - Knights who worked directly under the Council’s authority, and they were the law enforcers of Canibus. There were 4 of them who entered the quarry, riding down the site, directing to the cabins in the middle of it. Hyosang exited his office, Sanggyun behind him, following like a shadow. Yoonchul joined them after he excused himself from another Lion at the western wall.
Hyosang bowed to the Royal Knight, greeting him with a smile.
“How can I help you today, Baekhyun?” The rich knight exposed his teeth with a grin, already knowing the answer to his own question.
“Orders from the Council.” The thin Knight on the horse handed Hyosang a rolled parchment, looking around at the Lions who stared down on the deputation - a well-known sight to the Lions this days. Whenever a Royal Knight was there, a Lion, maybe two, were taken away forcibly after being accused in some kind of a crime - sometimes it was murder, sometimes it was stealing, the Council probably didn’t like to diversify when it came to accusations.

“Dongsung,” Hyunho spoke to his friend, still staring at the Knights. “If it’s one of us-”
“It won’t be.” Dongsung sent a glance to his friend, and noticed he was clenching his fist tightly, and his buttom lip disappeard behind his teeth. “Nothing will happen Hyunho, I promise.”

 

Hyosang opened the parchment, the entire quarry is silent.
“Park Yaeseok.” He fired into the air, lifting his head to search for the Lion. When he spotted the young boy, trembling in fear and droping his pick, he signed two of his guards to bring him.
As the uniformed Knights approached the boy, he burst in tears, falling on his knees with agony. His fists grabbed the dirt under him, refusing to let go even though it was usless to hang on the filthy ground. He was gripped by his arms, being lifted agressivly over the ground - legs kicking in the air and face screaming to the air with despair - and he was brought to Hyosang and the Royal Knights, still sitting on their horses. Hyosang watched the guards throwing the boy on the ground infront of the horses, as he was looking down to inspect the Lion. He was not even 18, as he estimated.
“Park Yaeseok, you’re accused of stealing property of a Knight. The punishment for stealing from a Knight is hanging on the gallows.” Baekhyun said harshly, not even blinking as he said those horrifying words to the boy. Hyosang glanced at the boy and sighed. He looked away as two of the Royal Knights picked up the protesting, crying Lion, who was screaming he never did such thing - but it doesn’t matter if you are innocent or not. As long as the Council says you are a criminal - you must be punished.
“Sorry for the bother, Hyosang. have a good day.” Baekhyun said after making sure the accused Lion is being tied to one the horses back, sobbing for his cruel fate, tears leaving clean trails on his filthy face.
“What are you looking at, muggets?! Get back to work!” Baekhyun yelled at the workers after noticing they were still staring. The deputation left - sobs rising from the distance.

 

Again. They took another one, again. Dongsung was angry. mad - furious! If he wasn’t used to this routine he would probably run after the boy and save him from his evil destiny, but he knew what would be the consequences of it. Hyosang shot glares at each one his workers, and the graving Lions got back to work, as if nothing happened.

 

* * * * *

The day came to it’s end, and all the male workers were wandering into the shed, leaving their tools and helmets behind like every end of the day - one helmet was missing, of course.
Dongsung and Hyunho left the quarry and went right away to the sorting cabin, where Chaerin was waiting patiently. It was already after sunset, and Dongsung made sure every Lion at the quarry - and their family or friends - will arrive to the meeting today, when the gates to the Middle Level will close. the Middle Level was the districts of the Knights, fancy neighberhoods and glamourous households - all the who and who lived there, including Hyosang and his family.

 

Dongsung went into his house, expecting to see his brother lying on the bed doing nothing - but instead he was concentrated on some sheets he spreaded on the table.
“What is it, Sangwon?” Dongsng approached his working brother, who lifted his stare to the man to his left. The sheets on the table were maps of Canibus that Dongsung kept under his bed, took him a lot of time and sweat to get Yoonchul to steal them.
“I think I’ve found a way into the Upper Level! I just-” Sangwon couldn’t finish his sentence when a dirty hand slapped his cheek, making his face turn to the right. He straightened his face, looking with wide eyes on his brother, who stood infront of him with an emotionless expression.
“What did I tell you about doing anything related to the underground?!” Dongsung looked down on Sangwon, not even realizing how hard he hit the boy. “I forbade you! remember?!” He swung his hand in the air with disapproval, making it clear.
“I’m sorry.” Sangwon immidiatly said, bowing his head as he still felt his cheek throbing from the pain. He knew Dongsung didn’t want him to be a part of it, and he knew it was for his own good… but he hated being worthless, he hated being ‘the little brother of...’ and he wanted to be active - to take part of his stubborn brother’s plan.
“You know I care about you, right?” Dongsung’s voice soften. Sagnwon just nodded, not lifting his head.
“And you know you are everything I’ve left, right?” He nodded again. Dongsung couldn’t be mad at the boy for long. He streched his arms and engulfed his borther into an embrace, resting his chin over Sangwon’s hair.
“I guess it means I won’t be coming with you to the meeting.” Dongsung chuckled as Sangwon asked, biting his lips and waiting for Dongsung to let go of him.
“I need to go soon, they will anounce the closing any minute.” Although he knew he is in a hurry, he didn’t want to let go of Sangwon. Like he said, he is the only thing left to him - the most precious and valuable thing in his life, the only thing he is waking up in the morning for.

 

As soon as Dongsung pulled away, the low octaves of the bell echoed their way in the distrcits’ streets, anouncing the gates will be now closed. All the Knight have returned to their houses for the night, except some supervisers that patroled in the neighberhoods after sunset.
Sangwon organized the sheets he was looking at, handing it to Dongsung, eyes sparkling - he wasn’t sure if it was because of the slap, or because he was begging him with his eyes to take him anyway. The older male took the sheets and rolled them, keeping them in his palm as he patted Sangwon’s head like he usually does.
He approached the door and than turned around, looking at Sangwon sitting frustrated on the kitchen's chair - He sighed, letting his memories take over, the nightmares consuming his thoughts - untill he shook his head, making himself to get out of this trance - there is some work to do.

 

* * * * *

Taeyang wasn’t a man who could live in the same place for long. He liked to travel, to see new sights, to learn about this beautiful big, wide and wild world - living in the same place seems unbearable to him. Although his strict ideology, he was whelmed as he arrivewd Canibus; The city sprung up to the sky, as 3 layers of levels defined it’s beauty - the biggest city he have ever visited. Sure, there were some towns all over Irascibillem, but Canibus was special. The place of the Dragons. The center of everthing and everyone - he knew he can’t explore the city in one day, or even two!
As he was so impressed by the massive amount of sounds and smells coming out of the city - he decided to sattle there, just for a while - he needed money anyway.
From here to there - He managed to get a job as a cleaner. As some kind of a hobo he never cleaned anything in his life, but he shrugged and took the mop right away when a Knight handed it to him. He even got a small house in the Southern district - it wasn’t much of a house, it was more like a storage with a bed in it. Taeyang didn’t mind, a bed in a storage was the fanciest thing he ever slept on in years.

 

It was just his fourth day in Canibus, and he already managed to get some Wizards to like him - Taeyang didn’t really care about it though, he never grew or lived under the Council’s direct authority - but he have heard stories about the Dragons. Horrifying stories that frightened the farmers in the outskirts of Irascibillem, tales that would make even a grown up open his mouth in fear - Dragon Sehyuk wasn’t known for his mercy and compassion.
He saw them for the first time only yesterday - 5 tanned males, walking down the stairs with fierce appearance, observing everyone as all the present bowed - he did too, just not to stand out in front of the Dragons - the notorious Dragons he heard about from the villagers.

 

After he finished cleaning the staircase in the main hall, he proceeded to the main hallway, dragging his used raggedy mop behind him as he lifted his bucket as well. The Council gathering was over few minutes ago, and some more Wizards dripped out the auditorium doors - recieiving a smile from Taeyang and returning him the same greet.
The hallway was specious. Maybe too specious, for Taeyangs liking. He knew the mop wouldn’t survive this round, but he kept using it, telling himself he used to sleep on dirtier rags than this one.

 

“...those Lions will go down.” Taeyang suddenly heard a voice echoing from the auditorium doors. He increased his speed of cleaning in order to get closer to the doors - curiousity filling his heart. since he got into Canibus, nothing exciting happened.
“Jiho, can you please just shut up and help get this to the archives?” Another voice was heard.
“I mean, they won’t expect it. They deserve it, don’t you think, Hojoon?”
“I think that I can’t hold all those papers myself.”
“Oh shut up you cry-baby.”
“I’m not a cry-baby, I need help.”
“It’s just some papers, come on.” They were arguing? Taeyang wasn’t sure, and was about to lose his interest in this dry conversation.
“Oh it reminds me once when Dragon Sangdo got confused between the proposals! It was hilarious! Dragon Sehyuk almost kicked him.”
“Yeah yeah, the Dragons are funny… If you are not going to help me than just go.”
“Your wish is my command.” and than the voice chuckled. Taeyang heard footsteps towards the doors, and immidiatly bent down on his knees, pretending to be cleaning the floor. He looked up as a figure popped out of the auditorium - a thin man with long brown hair appeared infront of him. As the Wizard noticed Taeyang, he twitched his nose along with his lips, like he was disgusted - and the little wanderer just looked at the man walking away, returning the same expression to the Wizard’s distancing back.

 

“Dragons did like this, Sehyuk did like that. blah-blah-blah…” The wanderer heard the second voice again. Was he talking to himself? Well. he didn’t care, at least he’ll have something to listen to while he cleans. He was amused by the frustrated Wizard - but he didn’t expect the next sentence to come out.
“I wish they were allgone already. I hate them. hose despicable Dragons…” The voice half whispered, but taeyang could still hear it perfectly.
A Wizard, the Dragons’ loyal fellow - wanted them dead. If the Dragons were all gone, no one will rule. No one will punsih, execute or jail anyone else - If the Dragons were gone, everything would have been better. Even a Wizard couldn’t stand them, not mentioning the Lions - and if everyone will be against the Dragons, they can go down - they can win them.
Like being pulled out his thoughts, he gasped as the black-haired male stepped out of the auditorioum, looking shocked at the cleaner through his glasses.
“You!” He pointed at Taeyang who dropped the mop from his hands and stood up.
“Y-Yes, Wizard…?” He stuttered.
“I don’t know what you’ve heard or how much of it,” the Wizard declaired. “But I will rip your head off myself if you will tell anyone!” He hissed through his teeth, trying to sound threatning. But the cleaner couldn’t help it, and he laughed.
“Oh my god, this is the best joke I’ve ever heard!” Hojoon stared at Taeyang with confusion. Joke?! what joke!
“I’m serious you Lion brat!”
“But, you are so tiny, how can you, umm… rip my head off? Oh wow I can’t even say it without burst!” Taeyang knew it was wrong to make fun of a Wizard, but he couldn’t help it - the petite man won’t hurt him even if he really wanted to - he once faught  a rabied dog over a chicken, so a four-eyed boy wasn’t a threat from his point of view.
“You are more brainless than I thought.”
“Hey Wizard, I may be not smart as you, but I feel you, man.”
“You… what?”
“Feel you. It means I’m agreeing with you. God, I thought Wizards were suppose to be smart.”
“Agreeing with wh-” Hojoon started to remember what he mumbled to himself in the auditorium.
“I’m not shocked, Lion. Lions hate everything about everything, and I don’t blame them. The Dragons like to abuse them in their own sick way.”
“I heard some stories about their cruelty, but never experienced it, though.”
“Really? Are you new here?”
“I got here just 4 days ago. I’m Taeyang.” He stretched his hand towards the Wizard. smiling.
“I’m Hojoon, and I would shake your hand but-”
“But I’m a Lion, right.” He pulled his hand back slowly.
“I meant that my hands are full.” He looked down on his hands, that held some piles of papers and he shook them to convince the cleaner he can’t use them right now.
“Oh, right!” Taeyang got the hint wrong and grabbed one of the piles, helping Hojoon to get comfortable with only one pile.
“You don’t have to. It’s my job to get those things into the archives.”
“And it’s my job to clean the floor. Do you see me cleaning the floor right now?”
“Anyway, Lions are forbidden to enter the archives. Sorry.”
“Don’t be. It’s not your fault.” He handed Hojoon the other pile after he noticed he was not struggling anymore. “It’s their fault.” Taeyang didn’t say who’s fault is it in particualr - but Hojoon knew who he was talking about.

 

He looked at the Lion. He could see regret in his eyes. He could see how he suffered in his past. Hojoon wasn’t sure if it was the Dragons’ fault, but he knew that Taeyang understood pretty good how the things worked in Canibus.
“Taeyang.” Hojoon hissed as the Lion picked up his mop.
“Yes, Hojoon?” Wow. It felt weird not being called ‘Wizard’.
“What if…” An idea popping in his mind. “...We can make things different. Together.”
“What are you talking about?”
“You already know I hate them. I know you hate them. And I’m certain you know people that have been hurt by them. We can make them disappear.”
“Like I said before, I’m not smart as you are… explain.”
“We can take down the Dragons’ authority… from the inside.” He whisepred the last part, making Taeyang open his mouth in shock. He didn’t expect a Wizard to even think about taking down the Dragons.
“Take them down?! Are you insane?! It’s impossible!”
“Maybe.”
“It’s not just stealing their cloaks or something,” Taeyang was amused by that thought. “It’s dangerous!”
“I don’t know what about you, but I would risk anything to get them off the rule. anything.”
“Even your own life?”
“Listen Taeyang, You’ve been here for only four days - you don’t know the horrors that happened, happening, and will happen in this corrupted city. I know, I have seen it - I was part of the decisions. I’ve seen a mother been taken by force from her son to be executed right away, I was the one who voted in favor to worsen the panelties, I watch my friend every week becoming more and more inhuman and irrational - knowing it’s all their fault.” Hojoon felt like yelling and pulling his own hair, but he held himself from doing so… He never spoke about it loudly, to anyone.
“I hate them. I really do.” Hojoon whispered, staring down on the floor.
“Hojoon… Are you alright? Are you crying?”
“No. but I wish I could.”
“I’ve never lived in one place for more than a week. The Dragons’ laws never applied to me - but I’m wandering all over Irascibillem for years, hearing stories and tales about the Dragons. I’ve seen death many times in my own eyes. The villages are not perfect either, you know.”
Hojoon pulled up his head, staring at the serious Lion infront of him. He was actually wise.
“We both have a lot to learn from each other, I guess.” Hojoon grinned, expecting to recieve one in return, but Taeyang kept staring at the Wizard with drilling eyes.
“They will go down.” Taeyang hissed. “Hard.”
“I’m glad you agree with me.”

The two males stood there for a while, looking at each other. Hojoon never thought he can relay on a Lion like that, and Taeyang never thought a Wizard would want a Lion’s help.

 

* * * * *

After Taeyang left the Upper Level, making his way to the Lions’ district through the Middle Level, he some time to think while he explored the markets of the districts - comparing it in his head to the magnificent boutiques in the Middle Level.
The air at the Southern district was sour and warm, very different from the windy Upper Level that was serrounded by winds although the great walls.
Taeyang stopped, and looked around. He never really got to know his neighberhood. He always used the same main path to the gates, but he never explored to alleys and the streets of his district - curiousity filling him again. Instead of turning to the right, he decided to keep walking down the street infront of him - wandering where will it take him.

 

All the houses around him went silent. No light came out of the windows. It was like walking through a cemetery - a very big and specious one.
Out of the blue, a low, but strong sound was heard from the Middle Level - the gates are being closed. The bell kept echoing for a while through the empty streets, flooding Taeyang’s body with waves from the sound inside of him.
Silent.
Thats all Taeyang could hear.

 

He had no idea how much time he wandered through the neighberhood. An hour, maybe less.
It started to get chilly, and Taeyang hugged his own armes, trying to keep warm untill he will find his way back to his cozy storage.
Suddenly, he heard footsteps. Behind him? No wait, it’s from his right, or maybe his left - Was it just one person? He picked up his pace, not even daring to look around. He wasn’t sure if Lions were allowed to be on the streets after sunset.
“You.” Taeyang froze. It’s a Knight. He knows it. And he is going to kill him right here and right now - he must have broke some rules by wandering like that. Damn his curiousity!
“Turn around.” The voice ordered. Taeyang his heels slowly, his chin shivering from the cold air.
“Who are you? I’ve never seen you around.” The man with the light-brown hair stepped towards Taeyang, looking at him like a prey.
“My name is Taeyang. I live here and I got lost…”
“You live here? Since when?”
“for 4 days.”
“No wonder I don’t know you.”
“What are you going to do to me? Are you a Knight?” Taeyang asked after noticing he wasn’t wearing a uniform, but simple colthes as his.
“Don’t insult me, Taeyang. I’m Hyunho, I also live here.”
“How come I never saw you?”
“The same reason I haven’t seen you, genious.”
“Oh right…” Hyunho was sure the guy infront of him was dumb.
“Where do you work?”
“At the Dragons’ household.”
Hyunho couldn’t believe it. It’s like an angel came down from the sky, and made this Taeyang fall right to his hands.
“Come with me, now!” Hyunho ordered, turning his back to Taeyang, while the other stood still, confusing and a little scared.
“Come on! The place will be swarmed by patrolling Knights any minute!” Hyunho was impatient, and grabbed the wanderer by his shirt, forcing him to follow him to a different direction.
Oh yeah, another adventure - Taeyang was a bit happy about it.

 

* * * * *

“Hyunho said he will be late. He needs to check on his niece.” Chaerin told Dongsung as she entered the meeting spot, recieving a nod from the tall Lion. She took a seat on one of the wooden boxes that were spreaded around the room - It was an old glass factory, that burned down few years ago during a semi-mutiny, Afterwards, it was shut down and nobody got near the factory - except the underground, of course - the perfect place to have their meeting. Even Knight won’t approach in the factory’s direction.

Dongsung was the one who took care of the underground after his parents passed away - no, not just passed away - murdered. He felt it was his responsebilty to lead the Lions into victory this time.

 

When everyone Dongsung expected were present, he smacked on a broekn metalic oven to get everyones attention - 79 males and females. Those were just the present. Each one of them had 4-5 more friends that wanted to take part of the rebellion, and the present were just the representatives.
“I’m not going to make it long tonight. Yoonchul brought me some fine information.” Dongsung started, observing his Lions mates.
“As you all know, I’ve tried to contact with the Eastern district, and yesterday we have accepted information that they will provide us weapon. The weapon will be improvised, unfortunatly, and they won’t be preffesionaly made. We will need to adjust to them.” Nods filled the factory, making the crowded Lions looking like leaves being fluttered by the wind.
“I’m still working on a plan to get into the Upper Level, so it will take some time untill we will actually start off.” He took a deep breath before proceedong.
“I need your help for this task. Those are updated sketches of the Upper and Middle Levels. It won’t be much of a problem to get into the Middle Level, but the Upper one is the real deal. It is surrounded by a tall wall, and 4 quarding towers are placed around it. The southern half of the Upper Level includes the WLU and the entrence. The northern half is the Dragons’ household’s gardens, and in the middle, of course - The Dragons’ household. Sneaking from the entrence will be impossible, So I have been looking for a loophole somewhere near the northern walls - the garden.” Dongsung hung the sheets on the wall behind him so everyone could see it.
“In the garden, there is this monument, a huge statue of a dragon. Not Sehyuk, an actual dragon.” the Lions laughed, and Dongsung grinned as he got back to the sketches.
“on the opposite side of the monument, there are four poles holding four flags - the classes flags. A great reminder to the Dragons how democratic they are.” sarcasm wasn’t Dongsung’s strong side, but it seemed his fellows liked it.
“There is only one tower observing the garden. And we need to find a way to get into the garden discreetly. This is where I need your help.”

The Lions exchanged confused looks. Dongsung knew they might feel unsure about it, because they have never thought they would have to think for this rebellion… just to fight, like last year, when Dongsung’s dad made all the strategic work.
“Anyone? Nothing?” He was dissapointed, looking at all his fellows lowering their heads, ashamed.
“I know it’s hard, but I want it to be different from the last year. I want us to take over the Dragons’ household - physically.”

 

“I got something to help you!” Dongsung heard Hyunho from the entrence, and looked up. Hyunho was standing with another unfamiliar man next to him.
“Who is it? Dongsung said, approaching the two males, intrested. All the Lions turned their head in their direction.
“This is- umm…”
“Taeyang.” The unfamilliar man said.
“Yes! This is Taeyang. He works at the Dragons’ household.”
“He… what?” Dongsung couldn’t believe it. No one from their district ever worked at the Upper Level.

“I don’t see the big deal about it…” Taeyang shrugged.
“You..! you can be our key! It’s like an angel sent you!” Dongsung was ecstatic.
“I don’t know who you are, but you’re freaking me out.”
“I can’t explain everything right now - but my name is Dongsung. I’m the leader of the Lions’ underground.”
“You have an underground?! Oh my god this is so fascinating!” Dongsung raised his eyebrow after hearing Taeyang’s say.
“Look Taeyang, we need you help. We are planning a-”
“Shut up Hyunho!” Dongsung smacked his friends shoulder. “We don’t know him. We can’t tell him everything.”
“No! Please I want to know!” Taeyang begged like a child.
“How can I possibly know if you are not a Knight?” The possibility suddenly popped in Dongsung’s mind. Can he even trust this guy?
“I’m not! I just moved here!” Taeyang his lips, hoping the man infront of him will believe him.
“Please, I know Wizards. Well, just one Wizard - and he wants to take down the Dragons’ authority. I don’t know if it mutters, but he doesn’t hate Lions.”
Dongsung eyes and mouth fell open. what the hell was he talking about? A Wizard who hates the Dragons? Has sympathy to Lions? Yeah right. The last thing Wizards could like were Lions. Parhaps?
“What’s his name? The Wizard's.” Dongsung stepped closer to the wanderer, who was backing off lightly, feeling threatened - unlike against Hojoon.
“Hojoon. His name is Hojoon.”
Hojoon. I’ve heard about him. He is the newest Wizard in the Council, If I’m not wrong.” Hyunho spilled the information.
“Good. Taeyang, if you like it or not - I want you to get everything you can from this Wizard. He is probably young, so just be demanding. If he refuses, don’t be afraid the threat him.”
“Wait what? Threat?” Everything was going too fast for Taeyang. one minute before he wandered around his neighberhood, and a minute later he was recruited into the underground!


 

“Befriending with a Wizard will save us so much time! I will to work on a new plan.”
“You don’t have time!” Someone shouted from the entrence, a tall, dark-haired figure was breathing heavily.
“Yoonchul! What are you doing here? Why aren’t you in the Middle Level?” Dongsung questioned. Taeyang took a look on the new man - by his clothes, he could see he was defenitly not a Lion - they were too clean and suited him perfectly.
“I heard Wizard Kyungree speaking to Hyosang this afternoon…” Yoonchul stepped in, earning confused glares from the other 79 Lions around the factory. “Next month, the Council will crush the Lions! They will double the taxes! You guys can’t handle such an amount of money!”
Some of the Lions gasped, and Hyunho stared at Yoonchul with widened eyes, don’t want to believe what he hears.
“And you know the punishment for not paying the taxes is-”
“Death.” Dongsung, and few more Lions said in harmony.


A month.
Just a month.
He can bearly get weapon in a month, not speaking of executing a rebellion.
Things were flowing too fast - He needed a new plan, and needed it fast - for the first time he felt his nightmare will be coming true.
War.
Blood.

His, and his friends’.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'M SO FREAKIN SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE
 -.- I was so distracted so I had not time to actually sit and write
!Hope you'll like it! it is actually the longest chapter I've wrote in my entire life
.YAY
 ^^ anyway, I hope you enjoyed it

...see you soon! hopefully

tumblr_n2dpjoUm9j1rgf2tpo5_250.gif