Left to Wonder

Lie to Me

Minzy's POV

 

I thought after the goodbye things would get better. That somehow things would be right again. That I could walk around what was once our home and be okay. I knew that I had done the right thing. That no matter how much love I had for you, I had to be selfish and think about myself. I thought of myself and I was hurt for far too long. And the source of my pain was you. You and the relationship I had invested so much of myself in. I just couldn't take it any longer. I hoped that with you gone I could move on and forget.

 But one does not just forget love. And the hole that you, Oh Sehun, left was very apparent to me. Love does not just leave all at once. It leaves traces in everything, and it just leaves you to wonder.

 

I wonder if there will ever be a day when I don't think of you.

I wonder if there will ever be a day when I don't remember the sound of your laugh or the charm of your eyes.

I wonder if there will ever be a day when I can hear your name and not feel butterflies in my stomach or get goosebumps all along my arms. 

I wonder if there will ever be a day when the memory of your smile won't make me smile and at times even blush.

I wonder if there ever be a day  when I can look at your picture and not think of the way your arms wrapped around my body and the sensation of the love and security will not wash over me. I still can't part with the sweater you left here.

 

I wonder if there will ever be a day when I can forget the pain you caused.

I wonder if there will ever be a day when I can forget the way you looked at her and disregarded me.

I wonder if there will ever be a day when I can forget the look of disgust in your eyes when you looked at me and the rage in your voice as you hurled insults at me that tore out my heart. 

I wonder if there will ever be a day when you will no longer have such a control over my emotions. 

 

Who are you to dictate how I feel at every waking moment of everyday?

Who are you to hold my heart and play with it as you seem fit?

Who gave you permission to do so?

 

 

I did.

 

 

I gave you permission when I let you into my life.

They told me you were no good. They told me to be careful in this cruel game called love.

But why must you still have such a strong hold on me?

I truly must look pathetic, to pine away for someone who obviously no longer thinks of me.

 

I guess I will continue to wonder.

Each day I will wonder, how are you?

Are you doing well? Are you happy? 

I hope you are.

 

I wonder if there will ever be day I don't think of you?

 

 

I hope that day comes soon.

 

 

 

Author's note: Well I decided to add a little more to this fic. I think I will as one more chapter and that will be it. 

I hope you all enjoy this ^^