The Aftermath

Lie to Me

Sehun's POV

 

I’m standing outside of our apartment. I mean, I’m outside your apartment. This apartment stopped being our home once you decided you couldn’t take my bull anymore. Why did it take you so long? I never understood why. I never understood why such a good woman could tolerate anything less than the proper respect you deserved and gave.

I guess you really did love me. I didn’t see that till now. I didn’t see that you was above and beyond what any man could dream to have. I was so obsessed in the pleasures of now that I didn’t realize that I had what any sensible person could ever want. A warm loving partner who supported me unwaveringly. Well that was until I hurt you one too many times.

I used to do anything to avoid you but now… now I would do anything for you to look at me. Look at me and say that everything will be okay. I want you to say that we can go back to to the way we were before, before I so carelessly and singlehandedly destroyed everything you built between us.

 

I’m sorry. I don’t know if I can ever express just how sorry I am.

When I walked in that night I thought everything would go about the same way it did every night. I would try to walk in as straight as possible trying to hide just how much I had drunk. I tried to pat down my hair a bit before I walked in to our then apartment. I just wanted to get to bed. To ignore all the tension I knew I created by doing what I did. By cheating on the most beautiful woman in the world, I threw away the only thing I should have strived to hold close. 

 

At the time, it all seemed worth it. I could easily ignore your questions, I could easily avoid your worried glances. I could even avoid your pleas for a reason for my actions, because the truth is I didn’t have a reason. I thought I could get away with hurting you and satisfying whichever one my random whims or selfish ideas. I knew you were a better person than I was, and I took advantage of that. I knew you loved me.

I played with your feelings. I saw the way every time I walked in from a one my late night escapades you would bite your tongue and let me walk to my room. I saw the way you would flinch when I would push you away if you tried to help me into my room. I saw the sparkle that adorned your eyes fade every day as you realized that I was cheating on you. I saw your heart break as you realized that I would not change. And when I saw the determination in your eyes that night, I knew you had had enough.

 

I don’t even know how long we argued that night.

 

All I remember was you, finally making a stand for yourself. I felt so small next to you. And I did the only thing I was good at.

I ran.

I ran away from you.

I left that night and didn’t come back the next day. Or the next day. I didn’t go back to the apartment for three days.

When I came back, the apartment felt empty. I walked into my office and all my things were in boxes labeled “Sehun’s.” I walked into our room and saw my clothes packed away in suitcases in front of my closet. And you? You were no where to be seen.

This was no longer my home. 

I was no longer welcome here. 

And with good reason. 

 

The fact that you had kicked me out did not process for about a week. 

I went back to drinking and going out, back to my old routine. But when I went to visit my brother, he asked me about you.

“How’s Minji?” he asked. 

Such a simple a question. 

I could have lied, I had done so many times before. I could have just answered “fine” and maybe even said something along the lines of how you were resting at home

But this question triggered more questions.

How are you?

Have you eaten today?

Have you slept well?

Have you told anyone about us?

Are you alone?

 

 

Do you miss me?

 

 

And just like that, it all fell into place.

 

“I don’t know,” I choked out before breaking down in front of my hyung.

 

I didn’t know anything anymore.

 

And that’s why I’m here, in front of your door. I’m here to try to make things work, because I know now that I need you Minji.

Even if you don’t need me or want me. 

I know I have to try.

So with this great uncertainty in my heart I knock on your door and wait for it to open. 

And when you do I sigh because you are more beautiful than I remember. You look so surprised to see me here. I almost had hope since you didn’t start cursing my very existence and audacity for coming back.

 

Almost. 

 

But then I saw you begin to change, and I recognize the look of determination you had that night start to settle in your eyes.

I know something for certain now.

No amount of truths I can say now will ever reverse the lies I had so carelessly used destroy our happiness. 

But please baby, please I’m begging you.

Lie.

Lie to me.

 

Come one Minji,it's your turn to lie sweety. Lie to me and tell me everything is gonna be okay. That we'll ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after. Lie to me and tell me that I am worth getting a second chance. That you will find it in your heart to forgive me and all my wrong doing. Please babe. Please. Lie to me. Please lie to me. Lie to me and give me hope. 

You look at me not quite understanding why I am here. I can see you trying to find words to say. Your eyes are darting everywhere. You are trying to look anywhere except me. But when you finally do look at me, I know.

You were never good at lying anyway.

 

 



Author's Note: Hey, sorry this took so long to finish. 

But thank you to all those who have read, subscribed, commented and upvoted. You guys always make me smile.

*sends everyone virtual hugs*