No More

Lie to Me

Minzy's POV

 

 

 

You stumbled into our apartment again. You do this every week like clockwork. Friday comes around and you leave for hours and stumble back in reeking of alcohol, lipstick stains on your collar and neck and you hair messier than your worst bed hair. If you feel up to it you'll do it again Saturday. If not you'll hole yourself away in your study all day, doing who knows what. But you do everything to avoid me. 

If by some miracle you come out of your den you don't spare me a glance, or if you do it's one of disgust. And only succeed in hurting me more. You refuse to speak to me. But why? I have asked myself this so many times. And I have yet to find an answer. I barely see you at all anymore.

 

We weren't always like this. We weren't always so cold.

 

There used to be a time when we were happy and filled with warmth. I was happy. You made me happy. Nothing mattered to us but each other. We would hold hands and go on walks in the park doing nothing more than enjoying each others company. That was enough for me. That was enough for the both of us. Your smile would immediately brighten my day. Your arms were my favorite place in the world. You had a special skill of finding the bright side to everything and the uncanny ability to make me laugh when I thought it was impossible. You would never have pushed me aside. 

Now I'm just happy if you remember I exist, if you acknowledge my presence in this place we once called home.

 

I wish I could go back to before all of this pain. Before this living nightmare. Before I had lost so much faith in the one person who I thought would always be there for me. 

 

But I can't go back. We can't go back.

 

Now all the love and respect you once had for me was not enough to stop you from hurting me so much. Now the eyes that once shined brightly for me are now accompanied by a scowl whenever you look at me. The sweet and kind words you once spoke to me as you held me close are replaced by heart breaking insults and lies that push me away farther and harder than any force that could ever come from your arms before. I could have never have foretold you would change so much.

 

Gone is the sense of love and security I once felt with you. 

 

Gone are all the aspirations of a future filled with you and I. 

 

Because I am done.

 

I am done listening to all your lies, all your insults and I refuse to tolerate any more of your actions. 

 

"Where were you?" I ask you as you start to head toward your study.

 

"Not now Minji," you snap. "We are not doing this now." 

 

You start to turn around.

 

"Then when? When do we do this? When you don't bother to try to clean the lipstick off your cheek? When I finally see her here in our home?" I say as I turn you around.

 

"No Sehun, we are doing this now," I say. 

 

And that's when I see it. That's when I see the look in your eyes that tells me that you will never stop hurting me. And here I thought you couldn't sink any lower. And here I thought you couldn't hurt me anymore.

 

You're going to lie again.

 

But no, Oh Sehun. I will not take this any longer.

 

I will not let you make a fool out of me. 

 

I challenge you to try.

 

I dare you to lie to me.

 

Go on. I won't even interrupt.

I'll just stand here and listen. Go on, lie.

I'll let you this one time. 

Lie to me.

But choose your words carefully. I know you're lying. 

So I beg you to try to make me believe you. 

Make me believe that you still love me and this relationship means something to you too.

I want to believe you.

I desperately do.

But what I really want to see is how much you want to keep your little game a play. To what lengths are willing to go. 

Go on lie. 

But it won't change anything. 

 

My mind has already been made.

 

Author's note: Okay to those who have read this before it may seem different because it is a different chapter. I was trying to edit this piece when I accidentally deleted the whole chapter. Believe me I felt like crying when I realized what I did. This story is especially close to my heart because I poured a lot of my own feelings into the original draft. But I tried my best to rewrite it. I am very unsatisfied with this but I hope the readers will enjoy it.
Moral of the story: ALWAYS SAVE YOUR WORK TO MORE THAN ONE PLACE