Promises

Bunny vs. Robot

                Leo tapped his finger against his temple in annoyance, staring at his phone on the table in front of him.  For that past three days that phone had been screaming at him to answer unread messages.  There was another blip and a notification for a new message.  Leo sighed and picked up his phone.

                From: The Voice

                To: Stony

                                So, are you gonna be shy through messages too?

 

                Leo scoffed, he wasn’t shy, and he was just extremely judgmental which resulted in him not thinking anyone was worth his time to talk to (at least that is what he told himself).  He moved on to the next message.

                From: The Voice

                To: Stony

                                I guess that’s a yes.  But that’s ok, I’m patient.  You’ll have to answer me eventually.

 

                “Oh, no I don’t,” Leo mumbled scrunching his nose at the screen.

 

                From: The Voice

                To: Stony

                                I guess I’ll tell you a little about myself then.  I am older than you by a few months (so call me hyung!).  I have about thirty kids that I sponsor and I love my toy Tigger.  Though I think Juhongie has stolen it because it disappeared from my bed.  Also, I’m a twin!  Though hyung is a singer like you.  He’s still performs with his band underground.  But he’s really good!  He’s shy too though, but if you could believe it I was worse than him!

                Leo’s heart melted a little, this man was making it difficult to deny his existence.   And the messages continued like that, each one after giving Leo small glimpses into the mind of Yongguk.  Each one making Leo’s heart soar and race and he fell helplessly.  He could practically hear that low voice soothing him through his phone.

                “What’s wrong hyung?”  Hyuk asked as Leo buried his face into his hands.

                “Nothing Hyuk.”

                “You sure?”  Leo jerked his head up and glared at the youngest.  “Right, of course you’re sure.”   Hyuk mumbled and scurried away.

                Leo groaned and started to read the message from today.

                From: The Voice

                To: Stony

                                So we are at the same show today.  You going to be a good Sunbae and come visit me?

 

                He let his phone clatter to the table with a low whine.

                “You know, the longer you hide from him the worse he’ll come after you.”  N’s arms wrapped around his shoulders, chin resting on his shoulder.

                “How’d you know?”

                “You’re my best friend, the only really good friend I’ve got.  You honestly, in all the time I have known you; have never ignored your phone.  And with the way Yongguk was looking at you the other day, I figured it was something.  You want to tell me about it?”

                Leo sighed.  “Not really.”

                “That embarrassing?”

                “I basically told him I wanted to eat him.”

                “Wow, and on the first date…you move fast.”

                “Hyung!”  Leo slapped N’s arm before pressing his hand to his head.

                “Sorry Taekwoonie.  So now you’re worried he won’t like you?”

                “No, I’m worried I’ll make a bigger fool of myself.”

                “Ah, always the chic Taekwoon.”  N bumped their heads together.  “You should just talk to him, no harm in that.”  Leo shot the elder a glare.

                “It was talking to him that got me in trouble in the first place.”

                “Well, think of it this way.  At least you’ll be able to type and erase however much you need to for it not to sound stupid.”

                Leo considered this and nodded, what N was saying was true.  He looked at the last message from Yongguk and smirked knowing exactly what he could say.

                “Thanks hyung.”

                “You’re my best friend, can’t have you grumpy about something I can fix.  And while I’ve got you in a good mood, you better apologize to Hyukie.  He was only trying to see if you were ok.”

                “Go away Hyung.” 

                “Yeah, Yeah.”  N skittered away, attaching himself to Ken for a new VIXX TV episode.  Leo sighed and lifted his phone.

                To: The Voice

                From : Leo

                                Isn’t it customary for dongsaengs to visit their sunbaes?

 

//Oh?  He can answer is phone!//

                //Its painful to do so.//

// AND he’s a playful texter!  I sure know how to pick them!//

                //Hush.//

//Its nice to see a snarky side of you instead of the shyness.//

                //I wasn’t being shy, I was scared of making myself seem more moronic.//

//Ah, and what changed your mind?//

                //Haekyeon Hyung.//

//Remind me to thank him.//

                //…//

//Aw, you’re cute when you’re thinking about what to say.//

                Leo jerked his head up alarmed, his eyes darted around the room before resting on the blonde figure in the door way.  A blush made its way to his face as Yongguk made his way over to him.  The elder smirked and sat across from him, not saying a word, just pulling out his phone and typing.

//Nice to see you again.//

                //Um.//

//Figured it would be easier this way.  I mean at least you will talk to me this way.//

                //No.//

//No?  Even if I brought you something to eat?// 

                Leo’s eyes widened and looked up at the man across from him.  Noticing his foodless hands on top of the table.

                //Liar.//  Leo sent, throwing a glare at him.  Now he was hungry thinking about food, and there was no food to eat. 

//You honestly think I would like to you?//

                //Yes.//

//Well that’s not a nice assumption.//

                //I’m not nice, especially where food is involved.//

//Ah.  I learned something about you then!  But I wasn’t lying.  It will be here soon.//

                Leo rolled his eyes and pouted inwardly, he was really hungry now.  His phone buzzed again, drawing his attention.

//No pouting.  Himchan is bringing it by.  I promise.//

                Another glare was thrown over the table at the blonde.  This one more scrutinizing.  How did he know he was pouting?  Only N was able to tell his inside emotions!

//I’m just good at reading people.  Don’t hurt yourself trying to come up with an answer over there.//

                Leo’s glare intensified.

//You’re cute when you’re frustrated.//

                //Stop it.//

//Ah, the name of our recent song!  I’m so proud you know it!  But I can’t help but picking on you and your adorableness.  You came on to me first anyway.//

                //Forgive me, my filter wasn’t on.//

//One day I’ll help you be true to your words.//

                Leo blushed throwing yet another glare across the table again and was surprised when Yongguk waggled his eyebrows at him.

                “Who’s hungry?”  Himchan skipped in with bags of food.  Greeting the members of VIXX before stopping at their table.  “How’s the wooing?”  He asked before setting the rest of the bag on the table in front of Leo (an invisible Jongup setting an iced coffee down as well before disappearing back out the door).

                “We were just talking about keeping promises.”  Came the deep voiced answer.  Causing Leo (who had been enjoying his coffee) to cough and sputter.

                “Ah, that’s a very important part to a relationship!”  Himchan laughed in agreement.

                Leo resisted the urge to slam his head into the table.

                “Yes it is very important for one to keep promises. “  Yongguk smirked and then winked at Leo who was still sipping his coffee.  Then the most horrendous thing happened.  There was a small tickling sensation up his leg.  His eyes widened in realization that a sock clad foot was now making its way over his knew and between his thighs.

                He jerked out of his chair, phone clattering to the table before he picked it back up again and made a stumbling exit.  He was halfway down the hall before he turned back.  Determination outlining his features as he marched back to the table where Yongguk still sat smirking at him.  With one last glare Leo gathered his food and his coffee.

                He wasn’t going to let that immature blonde idiot ruin his appetite.  He felt his hand buzz, pulling the device to his face on instinct.

//Promises are meant to be kept Taekwoon ah.//