Sore Back

Bunny vs. Robot

                           It was two days later and Leo was sitting at a bar doing his best not to bang his head into the polished wood.

                           “It’s not that bad.” N said taking a sip of his drink.

                           “It really is.  I never said it was a promise.”

                           “Well maybe the look on your face made it a promise.”

                            Leo pouted.  “There is no way.”  His phone buzzed on the counter, Yongguk’s name lighting up his screen for the eighth time that hour.  He knocked back his drink and groaned.  “Why won’t he get the hint and not talk to me?”

                           “Because he likes you.”

                           “I don’t see why.”  Leo raised his hand to the bartender ordering another drink. 

                           “You can be cute.”

                           “Shut up Haekyeon.”

                           “Alright, fine, just drink yourself into stupidity.  I’m gonna use the bathroom.”  Leo groaned as his new drink was set in front of him.

                           “Why did I even bother talking to you about it if you weren’t going to help me?”  He took a big gulp of his new drink, loving the way it burned down his throat.  “Sad excuse of a best friend you are.”  Another sip.  “And the others wouldn’t have been any help either.”  Another sip.  “Ilhoonie wouldn’t understand, he’s too young.”  Leo tipped the glass all the way back, downing the last of its contents.  He raised his hand for another as his phone buzzed again.  He squinted at the offensive object willing it to shut up.

~`~

                           “He’s going to kill me no matter what, but I think he would appreciate it.”  A pause.  “A yeah, yeah.  No worries, I won’t leave him alone.  He seems to be drinking quickly today.  He was on his fourth drink when I left.”  Another pause.  “Yeah yeah, I’ll cut him off if it gets too bad.”

~`~

                           Leo sat down his fifth drink, or at least he thought it was his fifth…they were all starting to blur together.  N had yet to come back from the bathroom, or maybe he had but then left again.  Leo squinted at his phone.  It had been silent the last few minutes.  Or at least he hadn’t noticed if it buzzed.  He rolled his eyes, taking a sip of his next drink and picking up the device in his shaky hand.

                           81 New Messages

                           Leo pressed his face against the cool wood of the bar.  That was only today, he had looked at all the other messages from the day before.  Not one message was an apology.  No instead he was sent winks and smiles and cute little messages that made him all gooey inside. 

                           “Jerk.”  He squinted at his phone as another message popped up on his screen.  The blurry words barely forming as he made out the message.  “You’re not allowed to drink anymore,” he mumbled.  “ thinks he can control me.”  He raised his hand for another drink, smiling as it landed on the bar in front of him.  “Jerk can’t control me.”  He reached for it and pouted as it seemed to slide just outside the reach of his hand.  “Come back here,” he mumbled reaching out for the cup again and once again it was floating out of his reach.  He glared at the glass, willing it to crumble under his will and slide its way back to his hand.

                                “I thought I said you weren’t allowed to drink anymore.”  A deep voice rumbled over his ears, Leo lifted his head from the bar and looked over to Haekyeon’s seat.  A blurry image of Yongguk sat in jeans and a t-shirt.

                           “.”  Leo mumbled, then squinted.  “That’s Haekyeon’s seat.”

                           “He said I could sit here about an hour ago.”  Yongguk said, his teeth blinding Leo as he smiled that gummy smile.

                           “Mh, go’way.”

                           “Why should I leave?”

                           “I no wanna see you.”

                           “Why not?”  Yongguk pouted…at least Leo thought it was a pout, the man was really blurry.

                           “Cause you’re hot.”

                           “Is that the only reason?”  There was a deep chuckle.  “It doesn’t seem like a very good one.”

                           “Shut up.”  Leo smiled, he sure told that good looking thing. 

                           “I think you’re drunk.”

                           “Well you my good shir, is right.”  Leo smiled again.  Giving a small chuckle he couldn’t stop.  Yongguk shook his head at him.

                           “So you like me yes?”

                           “Yush, why you think I run?”  Leo slurred out and shook his head.  “Shhhhh you’re not supposed to know.”

                           “Alright I think it’s time for us to go.”  Yongguk tapped his hand waving at the bartender for the check.

                           “I’m not done drinky.”  Leo snickered.

                           “I say you’re done.”

                           “Don’t own me.”

                           “Nope but you’re too drunk to make your own decisions so I get to do what I want with ya.”  Yongguk smiled and took his arm, placing it around his shoulder.  “Come on you, we’ll get you home.”  Leo pouted but stood, the world swaying around him as he leaned against the sturdy shoulders of the gummy man.

                           “I wanna stay here.”

                           “No you’re drunk, I’ll take you home, okay?”

                           Leo sagged against him with a small “’kay.”  They were a few steps from the door when the world tilted and Leo’s blurry vision went dark.

~`~

                           He was going to die.  He was sure of it.  His head was pounding, his back was sore, his stomach was rebelling against his every will.  He was dying.

                           Leo groaned and rolled over, burrowing his nose into the good smelling pillow next to him, it was warm like a heater.  ‘A heater pillow, I wonder if those have been created.’  He pressed his nose against the soft fabric, breathing in the musky scent.  His stomach and head settled almost at once.

                           “Well, I think I could wake up like this every morning.”

                           Leo’s eyes popped open, a gasp left his lips as his eyes focused on the pale skin that his nose was pressing into.  He sat up quickly, groaning as the world swam around him.

                           “Alrighty, back down you go.”  Yongguk’s strong hands pulled his shoulders till he was laying back against the bed.  “Relax.  What was the last thing you remember?”

                           Leo shook his head and threw his arm over his eyes.  What did he remember?  He dragged his other hand up his bare stomach, scratching at his bare collar bone.  Bare?  Once again he shot up, eyes wide as he pulled the blankets back.  He was .  Completely .

                           “Hey, I thought I told you to stay down.”  Leo’s wide eyes took in Yongguk’s torso, and his heart dropped.  He was hung over, that explained his head ache, his upset stomach but nothing explained his sore back.  His back. 

                           “Wh-?  What did we do?”  Leo asked quietly. 

                           Yongguk chuckled and reclined back into his pillows, his arms tossed over his head.  “Why don’t you go ahead and answer my question.  What do you remember from last night?”

                           Leo groaned and rubbed the heel of his hand into his eye.  What did he remember?  He remembered going out for a drink with N.  He remembered drinking too much too fast.  He remembered a glass floating away from him.  A deep rumbling voice that seemed to lull him to sleep.  But that was it.

                           “I remember being at the bar, and drinking.”  Yongguk hummed behind him.  “And I remember…”  Leo groaned.  “I swear I’m more articulate.”

                           “Ah, but you’re adorable when you’re drunk.”

                           “Adorable or not your shouldn’t have done what you did!”  Leo groaned.

                           “What did I do?”  Yongguk asked, amusement playing across his face.

                           “I’m glad you see the humor but I was drunk and we shouldn’t have done anything, how could you?”  Leo turned to glare at Yongguk, hurt playing over his features.  

                           Yongguk laughed.  Actually laughed!  “Oh lord, you think we did…”  Leo raised an eyebrow as Yongguk rolled over in laughter, the sheets tangling around his waist.

                           “I don’t find this funny.” 

                           Yongguk wiped at his eyes.  “Babe, you were so drunk that when I tried to bring you home you passed out and slammed into the floor.”  Yongguk sat up.  “Then when I got you into the car you were mumbling about not wanting to wake the rest of your band, and since I have my own place I decided to bring you here.  You removed your clothes all by yourself…not that I didn’t watch and enjoy.”  Yongguk threw a wink in his direction.

                           Leo moaned and collapsed against the pillows.  All that, he couldn’t remember any of that. 

                           “You know all that was after you told me you like me.”

                           “That’s it, I’m dead, kill me.  My last words were damn Yongguk into the fiery dark pits of Hell.”

                           “Ah, I’ll make sure it’s engraved on your tomb.”  Yongguk laughed and leaned against his pillows next to him.  “So, how about you say it when you’re not drunk.”

                           “Say what?”  Leo asked, feigning innocence. 

                           “Come on, just one little statement.”

                           “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

                           “May I remind you that I have you here, in my bed at my disposal?”

                           “Fine I like you.”

                           “Not so bad.”

                           “I would have rather gone to the dentist to get all my teeth removed.”

                           “Well you would be a y toothless wonder then.”

                           “Shut up.”

                           “Can I kiss you?”

                           “With this breath?  No, absolutely not.”

                           “Aw, but I’ve seen you at your worst.”

                           “No.”

                           “On the cheek?”

                           “Maybe.”

                           “That’s a yes, whoop.”

                           “Hey, that wasn’t a yes!” 

                           “It is in my book.”  The bed squeaked as Yongguk buried his face underneath Leo’s elbow.  “Come on, it’s just a quick peck.”

                           “I smell horrible.”

                           “I still like you.”

                           Leo groaned, his defenses letting up for just the moment Youngguk needed to press his lips into his cheek.  The older pulled away with a smug grin, still hovering over Leo.

                           “Is it too much to ask for you to complete your promise now?”

                           Leo didn’t know if he destroyed the pillow that he used to pummel Youngguk’s head, but he knew it wasn’t very pillow shaped as he wrapped the sheets around his bare body and huffed off in a journey to find a bathroom.

                           By the time he found it he heard a muffled yell, “I intend to make you keep your promise babe!”

                           Leo groaned and bashed his head into the door.  What in the world had he gotten himself into?