Gummy Smiles

Bunny vs. Robot

               They were just going to goof around with their dongsaengs.  It wasn’t going to be long and Leo was told that he didn’t have to smile or laugh or be on camera for very long.  So he bowed politely and then waited around to be directed by someone like everyone else.

                That’s when He caught his eye.  The other was being fussed over by Himchan; jacket straightened and spikes readjusted.  The whole time the blonde sat still, talking calmly to another member with a small smile. 

                ‘That must be Yongguk.’  Leo stared a little longer before dropping his gaze to his fiddling fingers.  ‘He doesn’t seem that scary.’

                The older boy laughed, gums flashing, eyes lighting in amusement as Hyuk tried to make himself as tall as Zelo.

                “Leo shi?”  A deep voice interrupted his thoughts, causing him to jump a little.  He saw that same gummy boy (seemingly teleportation was a thing now) crouched in front of him.  Small smile gracing his features.  Yongguk cocked his head at him, eyebrows wrinkling in confusion, “is it okay?”

                “Uh?”  Leo had no clue what the man was talking about.

                “Since it will take a little while; did you want to go get lunch for everyone?”  Leo stared at the man still, eyes widening as his thoughts began to take a dangerous turn.

                ‘How does one roll in a voice?’ His head nodded on his own accord, his brain melting away a tiny bit trying to file that small audio clip of that voice.

                The gummy smile he received to his answer was worth the heat climbing his neck to his ears.

~`~

                “Leo shi?”  Leo drifted out of his daze, having thought about the older boy’s smile and if his gums ever dried out by the sheer amount of time his lips were peeled back over his teeth.  “What would you like to eat?”

                ‘You,’ Leo thought or at least he thought he did, but the way Yongguk’s eyes widened he knew it was out loud.  “I, um.”  Leo turned and walked away, blessing his parents for the long legs that carried him away faster than he needed.

~`~

                He didn’t go back to the joint filming until his manager came looking for him.  Finding him in the darkest corner of the parking garage.  Scolding him while rubbing his head (apparently he had been hit by a lot of make-up artist for walking into rooms without knocking).

                He stood against the far wall waiting for the director to yell ‘action’, ignoring Yongguk who was staring, gummy smile wiped off his face. 

                ‘I did that.’  Leo thought sadly, looking down at his fingers.  ‘Life hates me so much.  First it gives me three older sisters, then puts me in a group with annoying people like N hyung and Ken and now it refuses to let me filter what I want to say and what I need to keep inside.  And now I will never be able to talk to Yongguk hyung again, or see that nice smile.  I’ll have to buy B.A.P in secret or else I might tell everyone that it was just for his voice and no one can know that!’  His shoulders hung unhappily.  ‘This has to be the most embarrassing thing ever.’

                He was extremely happy that he switched spots with Hyuk, having to face Himchan instead of Yongguk in their little face off.  Action was yelled and B.A.P and VIXX started taunting and sizing each other up in the middle of the room.  Leo stood his usual stance, hands in pockets, bored look on his face, doing his very best to make himself seem normal.  Himchan pulled a face at him; upset by how he didn’t react to his little pushes and Leo gave him a small laugh (his pout was way better than N hyungs).

                When he finally got back to straight face he noticed how Yongguk stared at him intensely making Leo shift uncomfortably and sign in relief when they were able to back away from each other. 

                When the end was finally called and they were allowed to leave and put their collaboration behind them, Leo was the first to gather his things.  Determined to leave either first or in the company of another fast walking member before Yongguk could corner him.  Turned out his stupid members were happy to talk to another group and were chatting away, forcing Leo to leave on his own to the car.  He was practically running down the hallway, stopping to give a polite bow every now and then to people, cutting corners as close as possible when a strong hand gripped his elbow and pulled him into a dark room.

                “Now, before you run away from me again, you tell me one thing.”  The light flickered on to show them in a small janitor closet, Yongguk holding tightly to his elbow.  Leo pulled his arm from the grasp and willed his blush down.  Wrapping his arms around himself he glued his gaze to the floor.  “When I asked you, ‘what do you want to eat,” Leo gulped down a whimper.  “And you replied ‘you’, “Leo actually whimpered at the memory.  “Did you mean it?”

                Leo gaped, like being punched in the stomach, all his breath had left him.  Did he mean what?  That he wanted to eat Yongguk?  Like cannibalistically?  No!  Of course he didn’t, but Yongguk looked entirely able and those arms looked powerful enough to engulf him.  And that gummy smile.  Leo glared at the floor, wasn’t there a question he was supposed to be answering?

                “Fine,” Yongguk’s voice echoed, he stuffed his hands first into Leo’s jacket pockets, then his back jean pockets.  Leo stiffened, completely scandalized as Yongguk gave him a smirk and squeezed his firmly.  Then with another devious smirk the elder stuffed both hands down Leo’s front jean pockets.  Causing his eyes to widen in alarm and the rest of him to jump.  Yongguk chuckled darkly and withdrew Leo’s phone.

                “This is my cell number, and now,” There was a muffled tinkle.  “I’ll text you since you’re too shy to talk now.”

                He left Leo standing there in utter shock, the younger not moving until he was sure he heard the door click shut.

                Uncharacteristically he stomped his foot in frustration and pointed up at the roof.  “This is entirely your fault!  You have some grudge against me! Argh!”