5

Highschool Life

"Do you know how much I was worrying about you?!" Choa yelled as Way entered the room. She had just returned from Ellin's house.

"Why would you worry? I was with Ellin. She looks after me." Way said carelessly, lying down on her bed.

"How am I meant to know what you're doing? Mother's going to ask why you weren't present for the last two lessons. What am I meant to say?!" Choa let out a frustrated sigh, sitting on her own bed.

"Just tell her the truth. Tell her I left with Ellin." Way said, taking out her phone.

There was silence for a while, then Choa spoke again.

"Who are you texting?" She asked.

"Ellin. She's taking me out on a date tomorrow." Way said, smiling.

"Mother's going to ground you for skipping lessons, so you won't be able to." Choa mumbled, sighing again.

"Be quiet, Minjin." Way hissed, glaring at her sister.

"Why should I be quiet? I'm just trying to look out for you, and you won't even act like you care. Why don't you just go and live with Ellin if you like her that much?!" Choa yelled, glaring back.

"Maybe I will! In fact, I'll go now!" Way screeched. "I hate you, Minjin! Then she got her phone and her phone charger, some extra underwear and other clothes, then stormed out of the house, leaving Choa alone.

 

Ellin was waiting at the front door when Way arrived at her house in tears.

"What's wrong? Why didn't you tell me you were upset?" Ellin asked, frowning as she took Way up to her room.

"I.. I argued with Choa.. She just doesn't understand.. She's so frustrating. I hate her." Way let out a small sigh, burying her face against Ellin's chest.

"Oh, well.. You can stay here for a while if you don't want to go home. I completely understand. I'm just glad we can spend more time together." Ellin said, smiling whilst squeezing Way tightly in her arms. Whilst in their relationship, Ellin had become a lot nicer and less abusive, which was what Way really liked about the older girl.

"Mhmm.. Me too, Ellin." Way mumbled against Ellin's chest.

 

The next morning was school. Way and Choa hadn't texted each other, or even looked at each other when they both entered their form room. Ellin was sat with Way, her arms kept around her tightly so Way didn't even have to face Choa's direction. Even Gummi and Soyul knew something was wrong by the silence in the room. Gummi went over to Choa to investigate, whilst Soyul went over to the couple.

"Psst, what's going on? Why aren't you talking to your sister?" Gummi whispered to Choa.

"She never listens to me." Choa said.

Meanwhile on the other side of the room...

"What's with the long face, Way? What happened?" Soyul asked, sitting on the desk.

"My sister is a who needs to shut up and stop worrying." Way said, a little bit too loud, because there was a frustrated growl from across the room. Silence fell again, then Choa spoke.

"You think I'm a ? I'm only trying to look out for you because I care about you." Choa said, glaring over at Way.

"I know you're a . You just want to split me and Ellin up, I know you're jealous!" Way yelled, standing up.

"Jealous? Why would I be jealous?! I don't care who you date!" Choa yelled, standing up too.

They met in the middle of the room whilst Ellin, Soyul and Gummi watched.

"I've seen the way you look at her. I know you want her too. But she's mine, so get your dirty little hands off and keep them to yourself." Way hissed.

That was it for Choa. She pounced on her sister and started pulling at her hair, scratching, biting, kicking, anything she could do to harm her.

"Get off me, you cow!" Way howled as Choa was pulled away by Ellin, using her special strength.

"We'll.. We'll take care of her." Gummi gasped as Ellin pushed Choa towards her and Soyul. They left the room together, both holding onto Choa's arms to keep her from going back for another go.

"Minseon.." Ellin spoke softly, kneeling next to the younger girl who was curled up on the floor. "Did she hurt you?"

"Yes.." Way let out a quiet croak, then lifted her head up. Her nose was bleeding and there were two scratches across her face, and it looked like Choa had also managed to punch her in the eye.

"We can't stay here, I'll take you to the nurse." Ellin said, quickly helping Way up to take her to the nurse's room down the corridor.

Meanwhile, Soyul and Gummi were witnessing one of Choa's rare rage moments.

"I can't stand her! Why is she such an idiot?! She assumes things that aren't even true! I don't love Ellin, she's my friend!" Choa yelled, kicking one of the flimsy doors of one of the plastic stalls. "I hate her, she can't understand anything!"

Choa's rampage continued for a good ten minutes, before she eventually calmed down and went quiet.

"..Did you get it all out now?" Soyul asked, patting Choa's back.

Choa nodded, letting out a soft sigh. "We should go back now, before the bell goes."

The three walked back to their form room. It was empty apart from a few people sat around. Ellin and Way were nowhere to be seen, but there was some blood on the carpet and on one of the desks, suggesting that something had gone on in the room.

Eventually, their teacher came in to do the register. Only half of the class turned up because a lot of them had exams that morning.

"Heo Minjin."

"Here."

"Heo Minseon."

"She's here but we don't know where."

"Kim Minyoung."

"She's also here, we think she's with Minseon."

The door opened. Ellin and Way entered. Way had some bandages on her face, as well as an ice pack held over her eye. She wasn't looking good.

"What happened, Minseon?" Their teacher asked, frowning.

"My sister attacked me." Way said, glaring in Choa's direction.

"No I didn't. You insulted me, and got up in my face!" Choa hissed across the room.

"Now now, don't fight again--" The teacher tried to intervene, but it was too late.

Way ran across the room and slapped Choa and they started to fight and pull at each other's hair, both screaming insults at each other.

"Get off me, idiot!"

"You're a !"

"I hate you!"

"The feeling is mutual!"

Ellin ran over again and pulled Way and Choa apart. She shoved Choa back down into her seat harshly, before taking Way across the room to her seat.

"Just ignore her. Pretend she's not there." Ellin mumbled to Way as they sat down.

"Uhm.. Minjin, Minseon, I think we need a word at the end of registration." Their teacher said.

The twins glared at each other.

 

That day, they were both put into isolation. In different rooms, of course. And none of their friends got to see them that day.

"When do you think they'll talk to each other again?" Soyul asked.

"I don't know.. We've all known them almost all their lives, and I've never seen them fight like that before." Gummi let out a soft sigh, taking a bite out of an apple.

"Well, there was that time Way pulled a chunk of Choa's hair out when they were toddlers, but that was only because Choa pushed her.." Ellin said, shrugging.

"Yeah, but that's kids stuff!" Soyul said, then they all paused as Way entered the dining room, still with bandages on her face, but there was no ice pack, so everyone could see the dark bruising around her eye.

Ellin moved up quickly and patted the seat next to her. Way sat down and wrapped her arms around Ellin quickly.

"Are you okay?" Ellin asked.

Way shook her head. "They're making me write lines.." She sighed, then said in a robotic voice. "I must not insult or attack my sibling at school."

"Do your parents know?" Gummi asked.

Way nodded. "They're coming to get me after lunch.. I also think Choa's been excluded for a week from what the teachers have been saying in the office."

"Well, I'm glad she's not here--" Ellin started, but Soyul interrupted.

"You spoke too soon. She's coming." Soyul said.

Gummi moved up and Choa sat next to her. She was facing Way who was curled up close to Ellin, hiding her bruised, cut face from anyone who walked past.

"So, what's going on?" Soyul asked, shuffling closer to Choa.

"I'm being excluded for two weeks.." Choa mumbled grumpily, taking her lunch out of her bag.

"Good." Way muttered against Ellin's chest.

"Minseon.." Ellin sighed.

"Shut up, Minseon. Stop muttering about me. If you have anything to say to me, why don't you just say it to my face?" Choa hissed.

"Fine." Way lifted her head up, glaring at Choa through her good eye. "I'm glad you've been excluded, because I hate you."

"You're a ." Choa growled. "I'm glad I can stay away from you."

"Shut up." Way grumbled, curling up against Ellin's side again.

The bell went and everyone went their seperate ways to their lessons or wherever they needed to be. The day ended with Choa being put in the attic so she didn't have to share a room with Way, and Way was taken to hospital and had stitches in some cuts on her face and more bandages and was told to rest in bed for several days. And of course, Ellin came to visit every day with presents. Meanwhile, Choa wasn't allowed out of the attic. Her parents took away her phone and other items of technology and brought meals to her and made her study nonstop. But whilst they thought she was studying, Choa was making a plan. She would get revenge on her twin, no matter what anyone said. This would not be the end of it.