v.

Let Me Help You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Jinyoung is standing still looking at Suji in awe. It has only been four months, but even in those short months can a person change; physically or mentally. There is Suji standing with hair that has gotten chopped off to below her shoulders, her body has gotten skinner, and she has a different glow to her. Jinyoung scans her from head to toe and backwards from toe to head. Suji is wearing red and green socks with plain white shoes, plaid brown and black shorts with a white top that is tucked in her shorts, and with a thick LA dodgers leather jacket. A casual attire, Jinyoung notes in his head.

 

“H-Hi Suji.. Long time, huh?” Jinyoung starts.

 

Suji just continues to stare at Jinyoung, his appearance changed. His hair was no longer short, it went down to below his eyebrows. He has gotten paler, as pale as a porcelain doll’s skin. “Hi..” She slowly speaks.

 

Jinyoung glances at Suji and at Mark. He wishes to speak to Suji but alone. Jinyoung clears his throat before speaking, “Uhm..” He motions his hand to Mark since he does not know his name yet. Mark says his name and shakes his hands with Jinyoung. “Name is Park Jinyoung. Uhm.. Mark, if i may i would like to speak to Suji,” Jinyoung requests, “alone.”

 

Mark averts his attention from Jinyoung to Suji, and when he mets Suji’s eyes he sees that Suji doesn’t want him to leave her alone with Jinyoung. “Uhm.. Sure.” Mark looks at Jinyoung and smiles. “Suji, i’ll be over there, alright?” He points at the bench they previously were at. Mark bids his farewell to Jinyoung and smiles at them before parting. Suji glares as she sees him getting farther from them.

 

“Suji.. How are you?” Jinyoung smiles a tad.

 

How am i? Suji thinks. Suji scoffs in her head. She couldn’t believe him, the nerve. Nonetheless, she smiles and answers, “Couldn’t be.. better.” 

 

“Oh.” Jinyoung speaks and notes the way Suji said ‘better’.  “Suji did i do something wrong to upset you in anyway? If i did, i’m sorry.”

 

Suji’s smile drops and her profile turns cold. “No.”

 

“I’m so confuse. The Suji from months ago would of jump to see me and smile so brightly.” Jinyoung speaks and his forehead creases.

 

“Well.. People do change.” Suji states bitterly.

 

Jinyoung looks at her deeply in her eyes. Something is different.. He recognizes and notes to himself something else about this ’new’ Suji. Suji becomes uncomfortable and looks away from Jinyoung. As she does so, Jinyoung raises his hand and places his hand on Suji’s chin and averts her attention back to him. Suji widens her eyes, but quickly changes to her cold facade. “Something is definitely different..” Jinyoung whispers as if he was speaking to himself. “What happened? You look kind of.. What’s the word? Shattered.”

 

Suji grabs his hand that is occupied on her chin and forcefully releases it. “Nothing, what makes you say that?”

 

“Just a feeling. It feels different now from when we last hung out.. Are you sure just nothing happened? You did completely disappeared months ago. Not a goodbye, nothing.” Jinyoung stares hardly at Suji.

 

Suji looks everywhere but Jinyoung. Her memories comes by storm as they fill her mind like someone refilling their water bottle. “I think it’s getting late.. I’ll talk to you when i see you next time. Bye.” Suji turns her body around and heads for Mark, a friend that made her happy and joyful when she felt utterly terrible and miserable because of how she felt for another friend, Jinyoung.

 

“No.” Jinyoung grabs Suji by the wrist gently enough to not hurt her but firm enough to tell Suji not to go. “I want answers Suji. I 
deserve some.”

 

“Is everything fine over there?” Mark yells from the bench to the location where the two were at. 

 

“Yeah, we’re fine!” Jinyoung assures Mark while looking at Suji’s back. He speaks almost pleadingly, “Suji.. please.” Suji turns around to face Jinyoung once more but says nothing. She looks up and gazes in his eyes. She is shock to notice that what she sees in his eyes is sadness but still she keeps quiet and does not speak. “Do you know how i felt Suji?” Jinyoung pauses and searches for a hint of emotion in her eyes. “How i felt when you left without a word, without a warning? I asked around for you. I asked all your closest friends, and nothing. I asked your parents, and what did they say? ‘She said that she wants to explore around South Korea more, but she didn’t say where she was headed to.’ I had no clue where you went Suji!” Jinyoung begins to breathe heavily. “How was i suppose to feel..” He whispers. Not before long, Suji notice a streak of tears coming from his eyes. Without thinking, her hands went start to his face and she holds his face with both hands. Suji becomes shock with her actions and pulls back her hands, but Jinyoung reaches for them and places them back to the position from before. “Don’t.. Let’s leave them there.” Silence engulfs them as Jinyoung closes his eyes and Suji stares at his face. “It feels nice.. your warmth feels nice.” Suji keeps silence still and ponders on what to say. “Why aren’t you saying anything?”

 

“Why are you acting like this?” Suji starts.

 

Jinyoung is taken aback. “What do you mean?”

 

Suji removes her hands from his face, “Why are you acting as if we are lovers and it has been 7 years since we saw each other?” 

 

“Because i like you and you l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter