iv.

Let Me Help You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So..” Suji begins, letting the word ‘so’ linger in for a while. “What are you going to do to help me, huh?” The pair were lying down on the coach with their heads dangling off of it, and their feet flying in the air. Suji’s feet instantly fell down and she quickly squirms to sit upright. “Mark.” She whines, “Are we gonna do something or am i suppose to wait until i die of depression?” 

 

“Calm down, will you? Stop being so overly dramatic about things. We will do something. I have a thing or two in mind.” Mark let out a charming smirk as he rubs his chin.

 

“Ew, stop. You look freakishly weird, Tuan.” Suji speaks while making a gagging face.

 

Mark immediately changes his position and sits like Suji. “I never heard such a thing, Bae. I get compliments and praise. My face.” He let it sink in for a while. “It is a work of the Gods an—“ A pillow collided with his face and his smile flashes into a frown. He looks up to see Suji standing and her face breaks into laughter as she hurdles herself backwards on the coach as she laughs like a hyena. 

 

“HAHA. Did you see your face?!” Suji clutches her stomach as her eyes completely disappears. “Every feature of your face, but your nose, looks like those Sour Patch watermelon candy, but instead it is upside-down.” 

 

“Ha.” Mark fakes his laughter. “Ha.. Ha.” 

 

Mark drives his hand roughly through his dark chocolate hair. “What’s the point of me trying to make you feel better when you seem to feel better by just tormenting me?”

 

Suji sits right up and her profile turns ice cold. “What do you mean? Yes i am happy and joyful this moment but that doesn’t dismiss how i will feel later. I will still feel pain, Mark.” Silence lingers for a bit and she walks to the window, as she looks afar Suji continues once more, “There will always be some distractions to take away those dreadful feelings you feel but when those distractions aren’t there any more? Then what, huh? They come rushes back, because of the little things you see.. It reminds you of everything.”

 

Mark looks up at his friend and sighs and he talks to himself. You push the wrong button. Stupid, stupid, stupid.. “Suji, i didn’t mean for it to sound so.. What’s the word? So harsh.”

 

“It’s fine. I guess i was being too sensitive..” Suji mocks Mark’s sigh and turns to face him. “Is there something wrong with me? Why do i feel like i feel when i think of him?” A tears falls gently down her cheeks, taking Mark aback. 

 

“Suji, come here,” Mark opens his arms welcomely as he stands up, “You need a hug right now.”

 

Suji crashes herself into Mark and she hugs her friend tightly. “Thank you Mark. Even though i have been teasing you and making fun of you, i do appreciate what you did for me.” Mark tightens his hold on Suji and guides his right hand to her head and his left hand to her waist. His right hand rubbing her head ever so gently. 

 

“You are absolutely welcome.”

 

The two stay as they are for a few more minutes, until Mark broke the hug. “How about we get out of here and take you somewhere?” 

 

“Yes please.” Suji smiles and Mark reflects one too.

 

Thump. Thump.

 

— 

 

“One strawberry and one chocolate ice cream please.” Mark takes their orders and waits for the ice creams and the bill. “Thank you.”

 

He walks to his friend sitting in the corner booth with their ice creams. “One strawberry for you, and a chocolate for me.” He speaks as he hands it to her. 

 

“Thank you.” Suji delightedly the ice cream. “So what are we going to do after this?”

 

“I really don’t know. We can decide after we finish, hm?” 

 

“I guess that sounds good.” Suji shrugs.

 

“Wait, Suji..” Mark speaks with caution. Suji nods for him to continue. “How long have you been depress about Jinyoung? When did you find out he didn’t feel the same way? You didn’t seem to mention it couple weeks ago when you told me about it.”

 

“Well.. It’s been about four months since it happened..” 

 

“FOUR MONTHS?!” Mark exclaims, but in the process of yelling he is hushed by people near. “Four months?!” He says in a more hushed tone.

 

“I know. I know.” Suji sighs. 

 

“When did you found out?”

 

“Well..”

 

flashback to four months ago.

 

“JINYOUNG.” Laughter ran through the air. “What are you doing?! Stop it!”

 

Jinyoung’s hands roamed around Suji’s stomach as it tickled her. “What did you say Suji? You aren’t ticklish? Liar!” His hearty laugh rang aloud.

 

Wack! Wack! Suji’s hands repeatedly hit Jinyoung’s hand. “Suji, Suji! We’re in public!” 

 

Jinyoung and Suji were at a park not too far from Suji’s apartment. They were sitting on a small hill that was near the playground with kids playing here and there.

 

“You are the one who started it.” Suji said as she coldly sticked out her tongue, but her eyes turned into crescent moons. She breathed in deeply. “Ah, doesn’t the weather feel nice. Even though it’s cold, it still feels warm in a way. Y’know? Like through it’s absolutely cold here, i still feel the warmth from my family and friends. It’s nice and soothing.” Suji turned her head to face Jinyoung’s and found him already staring at her. His eyes glistened with admiration and love. His mouth spread from ear to ear and the wrinkles near his eyes began to appear. The way he looked at her seemed like love. Suji hoped it was love. 

 

“I know what you mean, Suji. You have a beautiful way of seeing things. That is what i like about you most. You see things differently, more differently than others.” He brought his hand to her face, caressing it. Suji felt the warmth and smiled. 

 

“And i like that you notice that about me, so that’s what i like about you most. You see the little things people probably would not see in me.” Suji grabbed his hand and Jinyoung held it back. He intertwined their hands. 

 

“Seems like a perfect fit, huh?” He laughed once more.

 

All Suji could do was smile as brightly as she could.

 

— 

 

I’m busy, sorry Suji. Raincheck? Suji read the message from Jinyoung. She sighed, this was the third time he had changed their plans. Okay that’s fine. Suji replied.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter