Driving Lessons

~~Days With Mark~~

large.jpg

 

 

May 22, 2013

 

 

Mark and Naleen have grown so close. They basically shared everything with each other. It didn’t matter whether it was a small detail or a big one. The only thing that Mark didn’t share with her was his true feelings. There were days where he wished he had the guts to tell her straight out that he was madly into her. But, for their friendship sake, he didn’t dare want to mess it up. It had been at least a year since they’ve met and things were going fine the way it was.

 

Mark stood by the gates as he waited for Naleen to get out of school. He knew that her last class ended at 4pm on Thursdays. A whole bunch of students walked out, pushing each other by accident just trying to rush off. He spotted Naleen walking towards him with that bright smile plastered on her delicate face.

 

“Anyeong! Did you wait long?”

 

Mark shook his head.

 

“Ani.”

 

“Good! You want me to take you home?”

 

Naleen has been driving since she was 17. Her father had gotten her a car right before Mark got into the school.

 

“Sure…If you could get us to my dorm in one piece.”

 

Now, Naleen has always been a safe driver. She just had a tendency to have road rage every now and then. She pushed his shoulder while laughing.

 

“I can! I don’t like slow drivers on the road.”

 

Mark rolled his eyes and signaled for them to carry on. They both got into the car and were at a stop light.

 

“Have you driven before?”

 

Naleen turned over to look at Mark who was in the passenger seat.

 

“Nope. I want to learn though, that way I can take you around instead of you doing the driving all the time.”

 

He said apologetically. He didn’t like the fact that Naleen did so much. She always took him to school when he needed and was pretty much the only girl that brought extra lunch just in case he needed to eat.

 

“You want to learn?”

 

Naleen grinned. Mark hesitated before answering with a nervous laugh.

“Um…I guess?”

 

Naleen smiled widely.

 

“Great! When you first experience it, it’s a bit nerve wrecking but you’ll get used to it. I promise.”

 

Mark nodded. Was he really ready to drive???

 

 

2 hours later

 

Since he was a quick learner, Mark had a steady time driving. They were parked in a parking lot.

 

“Now remember, you control the car. Don’t let the car control you. Got it?”

 

Mark nodded before pressing on the gas pedal again. The car gently rolled backwards out of the parking space before he quickly jerked on the brakes.

 

“Sorry!”

 

He quickly squealed. Naleen giggled.

 

“It’s okay. Don’t panic and press so quickly. It’s just like how I showed you on the gas pedal. Slowly step on the brake and it’ll stop gently.”

 

Mark nodded and continued to reverse the car. When he reached the point where he needed to stop, he gently stepped on the brakes, causing it to stop quietly.

 

“Good! You’re doing really good Mark. Now, shift it to drive and make sure the car is straight before moving forward.”

 

Mark nodded again and did what Naleen had told him to do.

 

 

1 hour later.

 

“You did better than I expected.”

 

Naleen chuckled. Mark smiled proudly.

 

“Of course! I’m smart, talented, and handsome.”

 

He sarcastically answered. Naleen clicked her tongue.

 

“Sure thing. If you were so handsome, I would’ve fallen for you already.”

 

She laughed. Mark’s smile slowly faded.

 

“Have you fallen for me?”

 

Naleen paused and looked over at him. She didn’t know what to say. He wanted to know what her answer was. It already killed him that he didn’t say anything to her about his feelings. Naleen smirked at him before unbuckling her seatbelt.

 

“Maybe.”

 

Maybe. Mark thought. It wasn’t what he expected, but it was enough to keep him guessing.

 

“I’ll get in the driver’s seat. Or do you want to drive us home?”

 

Mark smiled at her and signaled at her seatbelt.

 

“Put it back on. I’ll drive us home.”

 

With that, Naleen did as he said before they both took off out of the parking lot.

 

 

 

 

 

So Sorry I haven't updated! I've super busy with tests and studying. But this chapter was based on how I drove when I started.lol It's obviously different since it's with Mark.hehehe But I hope you enjoyed this one! I'll post again soon! Thanks for the encouraging comments too!!! :D