First Day

~~Days With Mark~~

large.jpg

 

First Day

 

Words To Know:

Shillyehhamnida - Excuse Me

Saeloun hagsaeng inga - Are you a new student?

Geugeon bulgongpyul - That's not fair!

 

 

September 13, 2012

 

“Shillyehhamnida!”

 

A girl dressed in her uniform had accidentally crashed into Mark. She scurried off to her class within seconds before he can even say a word. Being new to the JYP training school was strange to him. Mark wasn’t used to the uniform and having to bring dance clothes for his lessons later. That wasn’t the only hard part. It was having to decipher the words and writings in Korean. Mark didn’t know anything and was second guessing the signs.

 

“Anyeonghaseyo!”

 

A boy towered over him by 2 inches hovered over him with a bright smiled plastered on his face.

 

“Saeloun hagsaeng inga?”

 

He asked. Mark smiled shyly and nodded. He didn’t know how to communicate obviously due to the fact that he didn’t know any Korean. The boy smiled awkwardly before guessing.

 

“Ah, you must be the kid from the states!”

 

Mark smiled and nodded again.

 

“Yeah. Sorry I don’t know much Korean.”

 

“No worries. I had a bit of trouble since I was born in Chicago. My parents never taught me much which explains why I had to undergo some language classes.”

 

They both chuckled at the thought of a korean kid having to take language class for his own language.

 

“I’m Chi Hoon by the way.”

 

He stuck out his hand for Mark to shake.

 

“I’m Mark.”

 

“It’s nice to have a fresh face around. If you need a spot to hang out, we’re an open table. Just find us in the cafeteria on the right side.”

 

Mark nodded and Chi hoon took off to his friends who were waiting for him. Now he was alone again. At least he had one good encounter with a student so far. Mark trudged off to his first class and somehow found it. It was difficult but, the signs worked out well. He quietly entered the room and sat behind a female student. She turned around instantly.

 

“Anyeong!”

 

Mark smiled at her.

 

“My names Hwajung. What’s yours?”

 

“I’m Mark.”

 

“Cool. So are you like, from another area?”

 

“yeah, I’m actually from Los Angeles.”

 

“Nice! I’m from New York by the way.”

 

“That’s cool.”

 

“Your first class is Korean language today?”

 

“It seems so.”

 

They both laughed a little before turning their attention over to a group of 3 kids at the other side of the room who were being a bit noisy.

 

“Geugeon Bulgongpyeong!”

 

A petite girl who stood about 5’4 jokingly pushed a male figure who was standing beside her. She had a cute and bright smile that was irresistible. Mark smirked at her. She was cute.

 

“You have your eye on Naleen?”

 

Hwajung interrupted his thoughts.

 

“Huh? Is that her name?”

 

Hwajung sighed and smiled at Naleen.

 

“Yea that’s her. But I wouldn’t get too close.”

 

Mark gave her a questioning look.

 

“Why’s that?”

 

Hwajung pointed to the two males who were at her desk.

 

“You see those guys? Their part of a clique called the ’93 line. The name comes from all of them being born in the same line. It’s not their official name but it naturally fell upon them since their always seen hanging around a lot. I heard they don’t accept people into their crew often.”

 

Mark’s smile faded. Of course she was part of a clan. How could she not? She was cute and maybe even smart if he knew her. But, he was sure there wasn’t a chance to even get that close to her. Class began and the students got into their seats.

 

Lunch

 

It was lunch time and Mark had been thinking of food since his third class ended. He gradually walked towards the cafeteria to find the lunch line. After being served, Mark scanned the room to see if there was any seats in the room. Nothing seem to come up at all. Immediately, Mark thought of Chi Hoon. He slowly paced towards the right side of the room and searched the crowd. He spotted Chi Hoon along with two other males and two female students. The closer he got, the more he realized that it was Naleen. Chi Hoon smiled and waved at Mark to come join.

 

“Hey Mark! How was first day?”

 

Mark smiled and set his tray down on the table.

 

“It was okay. It’s kind of hard to learn when you don’t know much.”

 

Chi Hoon chuckled and patted his back.

 

“Don’t worry. It gets easier. So, these are my good friends Sungjae, DongHoon, Ahyung and Naleen.”

 

Everyone greeted Mark welcomingly.

 

“Where are you from?”

 

Mark’s heart skipped a beat once Naleen asked him that question.

 

“I’m from Los Angeles.”

 

“Oh! Me too!!”

 

Naleen excitedly said and motioned for him to high five her. Mark chuckled and raised his hand towards her.

 

“Hey, weren’t you in our class this morning?”

 

“Yea.”

 

“That’s cool. You sat next to Hwajung right?”

 

Mark nodded.

 

“Let me guess, she said that we were a clique?”

 

Sungjae added with a questioning look on his face.

 

“She might’ve said something like that.”

 

Naleen giggled.

 

“People always seem to think we’re a mean clique. It’s not even like that though. Some people just get the wrong impression. No one has really took the initiative to come and join us.”

 

“It’s like they think we choose who joins us.”

 

Ahyung added. Naleen smiled and squeezed Ahyung’s arm gently while hugging it. Mark smiled at her action. Just by that gesture, he knew Naleen was the loving type of person.

 

“Do you have language every morning?”

 

Mark looked up from his tray.

 

“Yeah. On Fridays I don’t though.”

 

“Oh that’s cool. What do you have instead?”

 

Mark perked his lips as his sign of thinking.

 

“I believe I got dance practice at 10am til’ 7pm.”

 

Naleen smiled brightly at him.

 

“Great! So I’ll see you in dance practice then?”

 

“Do you have dance on Friday too?”

 

“Yea. I’ll basically see you all throughout the week.”

 

She giggled. Mark chuckled at her. He was actually happy that he got to see her everyday.

 

“I’ll wait for you in the morning outside the gates so we can walk in together.”

 

The group all looked at her with a suspicious eye. They sensed that she might be on to something. Almost like she wanted to because she likes him. Naleen rolled her eyes at them and slowly spoke.

 

“You know, since we’re friends now. I just thought I could have a new buddy in class.”

 

Mark’s heart slouched in his stomach. He was hoping that she wouldn’t use the term ‘buddy’.

 

“Yeah…sure I don’t mind.”

 

Naleen smiled at him and nodded. Everyone quietly giggled at her. Maybe they knew something Mark didn’t, but it didn’t stop him from finding her charmingly attractive.

 

 

 

First chapter is up! I hope this was ok.lol It gets better I promise! While observing him, it seems like he's very quiet and doesn't say much in reality. So I'm trying to make him realistic in this fic. Next chapter will be up soon! :)