Realizing

~~Days With Mark~~

large.png

 

 

March 24, 2012

 

 

It had been quite some time since Mark had joined JYP Entertainment. He was now used to the classrooms and students. He actually made some friends and have been hanging out with them. Chi Hoon is a very close friend to Mark as well, but they aren’t always seen together. As for Naleen, they naturally hang out and have late night runs to the store just to have fun. Mark’s feelings for Naleen has developed strongly but he decided to keep it to himself. The thing that he feared most was rejection from her. They’ve been friends for quite some time and it was just too much of a risk if he said anything now.

 

Mark had been out last night very late with Naleen. She had showed him this new norabang place and decided to give it a try. Tired, he paced slowly while dragging his feet across the cement floor. It was early in the morning and he needed to get to language class. As he walked towards the gate, Naleen was leaned up against the wall with one leg supporting her. She smiled as soon as she saw Mark walk up.

 

“How do you feel?”

 

Mark snickered.

 

“Are you really asking me that? We were out til’ 2am and we have class at 8:30.”

 

Naleen clicked her tongue and lightly punched his shoulder before swinging around and following behind him.

 

“It’s not that bad. I’ve stayed up later than this.”

 

Mark pushed his backpack up his shoulder as it was falling off.

 

“Oh really? With who?”

 

“With Sungjae.”

 

He couldn’t help but feel this jealousy fire burn in the pit of his stomach. Mark frowned and rolled his eyes.

 

“I bet it was fun.”

 

Naleen glanced at his expression and laughed.

 

“Not really. We were up cause Sungjae lost a bet but didn’t want to stay up all night by himself so I was the chosen sheep.”

 

Mark’s stomach released a knot and he was back to feeling at ease. At least it wasn’t like she stayed up because she wanted to.

 

“Are you ready for the test today?”

 

Mark nodded. Naleen was referring to the routine test since it was the last week of the month. Naleen waved before heading to the girl’s room to change as Mark went into the men’s. Chi Hoon and Dongjoon were both laughing at what was on his phone.

 

“its funny right?!”

 

Dongjoon laughed even more before continuing to put on the rest of his dance clothes. Chi Hoon smiled at Mark as he set down his stuff beside them.

 

“Hey! What happened to you last night? We were looking for you but gave up since it was midnight.”

 

Mark chuckled while getting his clothes out of his backpack.

 

“I was out with-“

 

Before he could answer, both the boys spoke in unison.

 

“Naleen?”

 

They both looked at each other and laughed. Mark smirked.

 

“Yea.”

 

“Seriously, you two are always seen together now. It’s as if you guys are a couple.”

 

Dongjoon cackled as he was lacing up his shoes. Chi Hoon nodded.

 

“Are you guys secretly dating?!”

 

Mark’s face flushed a light red before answering.

 

“No! We’re just friends I swear!”

 

Chi Hoon smirked at him.

 

“Mark, it’s okay.”

 

Mark shook his head. They had been teasing him and Naleen for being together so often and wondered if the two were really dating. They simply just had a closeness that nobody did. It was like they knew each other for so long but just barely found one another. They both thought alike and had a lot of things in common. The only difference was that Naleen was more outgoing and talkative while Mark was more reserved. You can say, the phrase “opposites attract” matched these two very well.

 

 

After School

 

It was 6pm and Mark finally was out of class. He jogged out of school to get to his dorm before the sun had gone down fully. Mark shared his dorm with Chi Hoon and 2 other guys. Chi Hoon came out of the bathroom with a towel over his neck.

“Oh your home. Someone’s been waiting for you.”

 

He smirked and nodded towards his bedroom. Mark made his way in and found Naleen sitting at his desk with his laptop open. She was watching YouTube videos with her hands supporting her head.

 

“How’d you get into my laptop?”

 

Mark’s backpack fell off his shoulders and onto the ground. He walked towards his bed and plopped himself onto it. Naleen swirled around in the chair to face him.

 

“I have hacking skills. I swear, I think I was a ninja or something in my last life.”

 

Mark laughed at her last comment.

 

“Really? Ninjas don’t have hacking skills.”

 

Naleen rolled her eyes swirled back to look at the screen.

 

“You know what I mean. You should really change your password. MarkT93, isn’t going to work anymore since I know it.”

 

Mark chuckled and gently kicked the chair she was sitting in.

 

“You’re not even supposed to be in here touching my stuff anyways. I can get you arrested.”

 

“You wouldn’t. I’m your best friend.”

 

She said without turning around. Best Friend…was that all Mark was ever going to be to her? He shook the thought of it and slowly got up. He leaned over her small figure to see what she was watching.

 

“It’s not .”

 

She joked. Mark pinched her cheeks before returning his gaze to the screen.

 

“That’s not what I was thinking.”

 

Naleen laughed at him and searched up another video.

 

“You should watch this video I found. It’s really good. You’ll love it.”

 

Mark nodded and rested his chin on her shoulder. It sent a small tingle down his spine. He liked being close to her. It made him feel good. He stole glances at her every now and then just to admire her. That moment , he realized that he didn’t just like her, it was growing into something much deeper.

 

 

 

 

 

 

So, this chapter is a bit boring but it shows the interaction they have. But just something little, makes Mark go crazy right?lol It gets more interesting. There'es going to be drama so...you were warned.lol anyways, Thank you for the comments! I really appreciate it and I'll try and post when I can! :)