C h a p t e r 3: Want To Hang Out?

Hearing You Out

C h a p t e r 3:

It’s been about 3 months since DBSK met you. For those 3 months, both you and JaeJoong became much more suspicious between other. The others would look at both of them and started to think that it might be them.

“Hyung, go ask her then,” said ChangMin.

“I can’t,” JaeJoong answered.

“Why not?” YooChun asked.

“I just can’t.”

“Aish, chicken now, huh?” said JunSu.

“Yeah, sure whatever. Besides, how can I ask her? She’s at school right now,” he said. They heard the door open, showing you in your school uniform. JaeJoong just stared at her, thinking that she was really beautiful. ‘Jae, quit it!’ JaeJoong yelled in his head. He forced his gaze at the table. You saw them and smiled. You walked up to them and waved.

“How was school?” YunHo asked. You gave him two thumbs up. You ped your backpack and took out your pad and pen.

“I’m in the biggest mood for buffalo wings,” said JunSu.

“Oh, I want some ribs and macaroni and cheese oh and mozzarella sticks,” said ChangMin.

“I will have chicken alfredo with some kimchi,” said YooChun.

“Um…spaghetti,” YunHo ordered. You turned to JaeJoong who was thinking.

“Um…” JaeJoong started to think. ‘I’ve always wanted to try rice with kimchi, chicken, and soy sauce mix together. My girl before said that she loved that,’ he thought. “_____~ah, can you make me something that’s not on the menu?” You nodded happily and waited for his response. “Um…can I have rice with kimchi, chicken, and soy sauce mixed together?” You nodded and wrote everything down. You walked away and gave the order to the chef.

“_____, what’s the last order?” the chef asked. You smiled and wrote a message for the chef.

‘Can I make it?’ the message said. The chef nodded and allowed her in the kitchen.

Everyone stared at JaeJoong and he just pretends that they weren’t.

“Hyung? Really? You could’ve just made that yourself,” said JunSu. “I made it once and it’s good.”

“Well, I just really wanted to try it. When I watched _____ taking our order, I started to think of that food,” JaeJoong said.

“Why all of a sudden?” ChangMin asked.

“My girl told me that she loved to eat that,” said JaeJoong.

“Wow, same as _____. Sometimes, when I’m over at DongHae’s for dinner, she would at times eat something different than us,” said YunHo.

“Really, hyung, I think _____ is the girl,” said YooChun.

“I wish I can believe that. I need to see and hear if it is her,” said JaeJoong. “Besides, I really need to hear her sing.”

“But still, I mean, both of you are suspicious of each other,” YunHo said.

“So? People get suspicious of each other,” JaeJoong said back.

“But still. There is always a reason.”

JaeJoong shook his head and looked back up at you. He looked closely at you and saw a necklace dangling while you cleaned a table. He walked up to you and tapped on your shoulder and you turned around. You gave him a smile.

“_____~ah, after your work, let’s hang out,” JaeJoong offered. “It’s Wednesday and I know that you leave early.” You smiled and nodded happily. “Araso, I’ll wait here.” You nodded again and walked to another table to get their order. JaeJoong sat back down and ate happily.

“What did you ask her?” YooChun asked.

“We’re going to hang out,” JaeJoong said. YunHo stiffened but quietly sighed and ate his food. ‘I know that they need to know sooner or later on their own,’ he thought.

F l a s h b a c k

“_____~ah, why are you always outside and never at home? Finding a place to stay someday if you runaway?” YunHo asked. You playfully hit his arm.

“Anio, oppa. I’m looking for someone,” you answered.

“Oh chincha? Who are you looking for?” he asked curiously.

“Someone. A very special someone,” you answered with a smile on her face. You sat down on the steps of your porch and YunHo did the same. You looked at him and YunHo waited for you to speak. “I’ve been looking for him a few years ago. I miss him too much. He was lost in the meadow and heard me singing. We became friends and I wanted time to stop. For 11 years oppa, I never saw him because he had to go to America. I miss him so much.” Tears were forming but you tried to hold them in.

“_____, I never knew. Sorry if I teased you,” YunHo said.

“It’s alright.”

“What’s his name? I’ll help you.”

“Kim JaeJoong. I gave him a blue and black braided bracelet I made. He has black hair and big brown eyes. Fair, perfect white skin. Kissable looking lips. He has such an amazing singing voice. He told me that he’s scared to swim and that he really doesn’t like soda. He loves cooking and singing. It’s like I’ve known him for years,” you answered.

“I’ll help you search for him if he’s that important to you,” said YunHo. You smiled and hugged YunHo.

“Gomawo, oppa. You’re the best.”

“I know.”

End of Flashback.

“Ah, I’m full,” said JunSu.

“Well, I’m not. Can I finish your food?” asked ChangMin.

“Sure,” JunSu answered cheerfully and gave his plate to ChangMin. ChangMin happily smiled like a kid and ate.

“ChangMin and food,” said YooChun.

“Oh yeah!”

Everyone laughed and started to finish their food. Soon they finished and everyone but YunHo and JaeJoong left.

“YunHo, you’re not leaving?” JaeJoong asked.

“I am. I’m gonna pay,” said YunHo.

“No you go and I’ll pay. I’m going to wait here anyway,” JaeJoong said. YunHo smiled and stood up.

“Araso, have fun.”

“Thanks.”

Soon, he left and JaeJoong just sat there watching you do your job. He smiled as you tried to communicate with the customers even when it troubled you. When your time is over, you walked over to JaeJoong. He smiled at you and handed you the paycheck. You took the money and got ready to go out. You didn’t see him at the table but saw him outside wearing a hat and sunglasses. You smiled and walked to him. He turned around once he saw you next to him.

“Ready for a fun day?” he asked. You nodded and JaeJoong held your hand as they started to walk around Seoul.