Chapter 4

Sweetest Goodbye

 

10 years later...

 

It’s been 10 years and for Yong Hwa a lot of things have changed. At the age of 38, he already accomplished a lot of things, like being the CEO of the largest company in Asia, being the father of 2 kids, being the husband of the famous architect, and finally letting go of his teenage fantasy.

 

Yes. He still marries Seohyun. His choice was Seohyun. He doesn’t care about his happiness or Shin Hye’s, he only cares about Seohyun’s happiness. He is busy reviewing his reports when, his secretary texted him, informing him about his schedule for next week.

 

Everything was normal, until he reached the end of the text, the last meeting he needs to attend to before weekends, and that is meeting with Park Shin Hye.

 

He felt like his world stopped for he doesn’t know how long. Everything he wished 10 years before kept rushing back to him, even his teenage promise. Then he felt like someone is tugging his shoulders, the he went back to reality, he looked at the person who was tugging him, there he saw his 8 years old daughter – Jung Hana.

 

“Hana, why?” he asked the kid as he carry her to sit on his lap.

 

“Appa, I’m so hungry! Can we eat now?” he chuckled at his daughter’s cuteness.

 

“Sure. Go call your mom and brother. I will wait for the 3 of you at the dining room.” He told her, and let her go as she ran fats to go and call her mom and brother.

 

Dinner together with the twins and his wife is the thing he always looked forward to. He is happy every time he hears stories about how the twins cope up with school, how he and his wife fought over the tiniest problems and talking about how they want to spend their weekends. But tonight’s dinner was somehow different. No, the kids are still talking on how they cope up with their school works, he is still showing his choding side, but the only thing different is that Seohyun, isn’t talking that much. She was there with them, but at the same time she isn’t there. He knows something is wrong.

 

Dinner ended but he can still see Seohyun’s odd behaviour. He needs to talk to her. Being with her for almost 12 years, he knows when she has a problem. So when the twins were sleeping he took the chance to talk to her.

 

“Hyun, is there something wrong?” he asked her. They are now at the balcony.

 

“Oppa, what is your schedule for this week and next week?” he was astounded when he heard her ask that question.

 

He then told her his schedule, but he leaves the meeting with Shin Hye thing.

 

“How about meeting with Shin Hye Unnie? Meeting with her is also part of your schedule right?” his eyes almost feel to the ground, the moment he heard that form her. “I know, you really don’t love me. I know you and Shin Hye Unnie has something special.” She continued.

 

“But Hyun, why didn’t you tell me?” he asked her. He was confused. How can this woman keep those things from for 10 years?

 

“Because I thought you will tell me. I was actually expecting you not to go to our wedding, but you came. So I concluded that you love me more than you love her. But I was wrong!” tears are now falling from her eyes.

 

Hyun I’m – “before he can even finish what he is going to say she cut him off.

 

“Oppa, I’m sorry. I put you in sadness for 10 years. You only care for my happiness.” Seohyun was now kneeling in front of him. “But now Oppa, I’m giving you the happiness you deserve. Oppa, we can now have a divorce.” She told him, as she stood up and left him at the balcony- cold and confused.

 

Days passed, the divorce that Seohyun told him kept on bothering him. But he didn’t sign the divorce papers, yet. The night after confession, he was actually afraid the Seohyun will treat him differently, but he as wrong she still acts the same. Then the day comes. The day where he will meet his first love again.

 

He was now inside the conference room, he can’t even keep still. His heart was beating do fast that he felt like his heart will runaway. Then the announcer called Shin Hye’s name. Cold sweats starting to form. Then the door opened. He looked at her eyes... Then flashback came so fast, he remembers their past and his future plans for them,a future with kids and their relationship was full love, but the only difference is that instead of Shin Hye, it was Seohyun. He felt like cold water washed over him.

 

Seohyun! Seo Joo Hyun! How can he be so blind? He then stood up.

 

“Mr. Jung, are you okay?” one of the board members asked.

 

“No, I’m not. Continue with your meeting. I need to go home.” Then he ran out and went to the parking lot and drove home. He even beat 3 red lights. But he doesn’t care.

 

He then reached his home. He looked for his wife, there he saw her seating in their garden. He called her out with love evident in his voice.

 

“Joo Hyun-ah...”

 

END

----

Its done now. I was actually planning to post a new story about YS, but because of what happened. I don't think I will write a YS story again. 

 

So many hurtful words from my own fandom! Just wow! So maybe I will jump to another ship now.