Chapter 3

Sweetest Goodbye

He has been idling inside his office for hours. He clearly remembers what happened yesterday. And it was damn awkward, but of course he has a very innocent fiancé, obviously she didn’t even feel the tension. Shin hye is obviously boiling with anger inside. Shin Hye.

 

He remembers clearly how both of them pictured their future. They were each other’s first love. What if he and Shin Hye didn’t break up? Maybe they are happy with their kids. Maybe, just like he promised, he will marry his first love.

 

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard his secretary told him that he needs to accompany Joo Hyun for the final touches for their wedding.

 

Being with Joo Hyun again felt weird especially after he sort out his feelings already and that is he didn’t really love her.

 

“Oppa...” Joo Hyun called him.

 

“Why?” he asked, while looking at the designs of the cake.

 

“Can everyone leave us for a minute or two?” she asked the people around them and leaves them alone.

 

“What is it Joo Hyun-ah? Why did you are you asking them to leave?”

 

“Do you still want to marry me?” he was taken aback of her question.  Does she know? Is she suspecting him now? Those were the thoughts that were running inside his mind.

 

“Of course I still want to marry you.” YES! He still wants to marry her! Call him crazy but he can hurt everyone except Joo Hyun.

 

“It is just, you were busy. I feel likes there something going on that I have to know, but at the same time I shouldn’t know about it.” She said as she sits down and touches her forehead.

 

“Joo Hyun-ah, look at me.” He hold her face to look at him, there he saw her red eyes. She was crying. Joo Hyun crying is the last thing he wants to see. He doesn’t want to hurt her. He can’t and he won’t hurt her. “I know I have been leaving you alone, but I was just doing that for our future. I’m sorry. I’m really am.” He continued, while wiping her tears away.

 

He saw her smile again and kissed him in his lips. It was a short kiss, but he can feel he poured her emotions in that kiss. So the day went on with him giving his opinions about the wedding and Joo Hyun being happy because of his involvement.

 

Days have passed and 2 days from now will be his and Joo Hyun’s wedding. He was happy but at the same time, simply because he didn’t Shin Hye didn’t show up after the airport incident and he misses her badly. He was busy typing when he heard his phone beep.

 

From: Park Shin Hye

To: Jung Yong Hwa

            Can we meet tonight?

 

From: Jung Yong Hwa

To: Park Shin Hye

            Sure. Where?

 

From: Park Shin Hye

To: Jung Yong Hwa

            The place where we broke up. Be there 7pm.

 

----

 

He arrived at the place 5 minutes late. The place was quite it was the top of the hill, where there is a bench and a swing. He can saw her sitting on the bench. He clearly saw her back view so he walk towards her, then took the empty seat beside her.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” that were her welcome sentence for him.

 

“Because...” he can’t answer her. Why didn’t he tell her anyway?

 

“Do you love her?” Even though he didn’t hear his answer to his first question, she gave him another question.

 

“No.” he told her. He could sense she turned her head towards him, while keep his head looking at the ground.

 

“Then why are you going to marry her? You think marriage is a joke?” she shouted. He can feel her anger.

 

“I don’t want to hurt her.” He explained. That’s the truth.

 

“But you are hurting her more.”

 

“She will not be hurt if she doesn’t know the truth.”

 

“Don’t go to the wedding, because if you do, you will hurt her more.” Shin Hye said before leaving him alone, thinking.

---

READ THIS: I remember what our Prof said to us on our PhilLit class... And I can say that I also happens to a lot of people(including me.) It goes like this:

Sometimes we tend to be more in love with the notion of being in love rather then being in love with the person. 

And that is where I get the idea of this story... Don't hate Yong Hwa here why? Because, he is in love with the notion of marrying hsi first love, that makes him think that he is in love with her. 

I will post the last part on Saturday or Sunday!

What is posted above doesn't gurantee a happy ending for them! * evil laugh*

 

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR GUYS! :** LOVE LOVE!