Friends and Enemies

Twists of Fate

"Do you like Ultimate Spiderman too?!”

“Of course! It’s very similar to the comic.”

“MinSeok-hyung, grab me or I will marry this guy even if he doesn’t want to”

Between laughter the elder denied with his head starring his cat like eyes on his best friend that was shaking a short guy with an angelical smile that stayed with his arms crossed on his chest a little embarrassed but laughing about the funny things that the taller one was saying.

“Yah, Jong-“

“CHEN!”

“Chen… “ MinSeok rolled his eyes smiling for the ninth time that day while he directed his sight to the other guy that he just meet in that corridor in which JongDa-, sorry, ‘Chen’ bumped by chance into the guy with dark hair and made a pair of his DVD’s of Ultimate Spiderman fall to the ground.

“Give a chance to breathe to… SuHo, right?” He asked making his already small eyes turn even smaller while taking off the grip of his best friend Chen, holding the DVD boxes that he had not released since he grabbed them from the floor because he was stunned he finally found someone else with the same likings as him.

“Exactly. Actually, nice to meet you, I didn’t think that people actually shared my taste for comics”. Smiling his hands grabbed the DVD’s.

“Oh! Chen and I adore comics!”

“Yeah, but I love Marvel more and Minseok-hyung loves DC more”

“Hyung?” Asked SuHo raising one eyebrow and setting his sight on the guy with puffy cheeks, who was embarrassed when he noticed his look.

“Told you, no one is going to believe that you are twenty and you just entered third year of collage” Chen said biting his lips to avoid laughing.

“Eish, yes, I’m twenty, and I’m older than him” Sentenced giving sharp looks at his best friend and then directing his eyes to the new guy that they just meet.

“Oh… Well it seems that Chen wasn’t lying. I see… It's really awesome to find people like you, you are very friendly. I know it's the first day but… if you want at lunch time you can sit with me and my friends, of course, if you are free.”

The eyes of the two guys shined when they heard that while enormous smiles where starting to form on their faces showing their teeth and both of them started to speak jostling each other with words.

“A-are you kidding?!"

“We would love to!”

“We woul- … I was going to say that”

“Shhh, shut up hyung. So, we are going to meet you at the cafeteria at 1:00?”

“It’s a fact! Hey, give me your cell phone numbers so I will be able to contact you two, ok?” Asked the guy with the angel smile, better known as SuHo while handing them his cell phone ‘touch’, or rather, his Samsung Galaxy 4, technology that left both of the modest boys with their mouth hanging without knowing what to do with it. “… You are not from here, right?” He asked with a smile slowly pressing the screen for the other to make the number to pop up and let Chen start typing his number on it.

“T-truth is that we still have flip phones… We always wanted to save our money in case we wouldn't get accepted in this University with the entire scholarship. Hahaha… Please don’t look at us like we are losers.”  MinSeok lowered his head ashamed rubbing his neck for a second and typed, after Chen, his number on that screen, pressing it firmly due to the insecurity that his number wasn’t going to save itself.

SuHo blinked surprised a couple of times while smiling an tilting his head.

“Why would I think that you are a pair of losers if you are at THIS University with a full scholarship and you have worked so hard in order to study? I would say that’s admirable.”

“You really think so?” Chen asked turning his sight while giving a light smile to the guy. Definitely he did good bumping into him that morning.

“Of course! Well, I think we are going to be late to our classes if we keep talking. It would be better to run. Oh right, which class are you in?” Asked SuHo extending his arm and receiving his cell phone that was given to him by a smiling MinSeok who treated the device like it were a kind of treasure.

“For me it’s Music and MinSeok goes to Environmental engineering! It was the only thing in which we couldn’t agree.” He exclaimed while sliding one arm on the shoulder of his friend giving a smile to SuHo, whom was very glad to hear that.

“Ah, damn! I wanted to have some classes with one of you, I’m studying Medicine, well we better start running, see you soon, ok?”

“YES BOSS!” Both of them exclaimed in unison while laughing watching him waving his hands saying goodbye as he started to run at full speed making his white doctor coat sway back and forth because of the movement.

“How couldn’t we see that he wanted to be a doctor?”

“No idea, ChenChen. No idea.”

 

***

 

“Do you want me to kill you?!”

That’s what MinSeok heard from a distance on one of the enormous corridors that lead to the principals campus, he tried to approach, like a good curios person he is, however all the students that were there, standing around a little fight, wouldn’t let him see, specially because of his small size.

“Being short …”

He sighed slowly resigned to approach at the cafeteria when…

“I want to see you try to do it, big guy!”

Chen? Was that Chen’s voice?!  Immediately MinSeok turned his big and felineish eyes that were wide open while he made his way in order to pass between the people. Now he didn’t mind at all.

“Ah excuse me, coming through, excuse…! Oh no…”

And as he was expecting, a tall guy with blond hair was grabbing him by his shirt collar against the wall clenching his teeth and killing him with his eyes. MinSeok was sure that if looks could kill his best friend would be 500 feet under ground.

“W-What happened…?” MinSeok whispered when a girl turned a little answering immediately.

“The short guy was about to open his drink when SeHun oppa approached him and took it off, he was going to leave him alone when the short guy threw a cookie packet to his head telling him he was a brat… Oppa got really mad at him… It’s not good to make oppa mad.”

Agreed, it was logical for Chen to get pissed off if someone came and took away his stuff. Who the hell does this guy thinks he is? Judging  by his way of dress and voice (omitting the fact that he got a small lisp), you could tell he was a rich boy from this University, a bully, that kind of people never miss at a University… Well, except the last one they were attending in their hometown.

Minseok frowned watching how the blond guy let go of his friend before he could make a step forward, he saw how the shorter very angry one took the edges of his shirt and pulled them down fixing the fabric.

“Dude, what the heck?!” He whispered approaching while the other people were leaving because nothing really happen.

“Well…”

“They told me about the cookies. Ahh, JongDae-”

“CHEN.”

“Chen…” He rolled his eyes again taking him by the arm gently while taking him to the cafeteria getting away from that blond guy that approached a group of immaculately dressed guys and pointed at Chen from a distance. “Even if it is unfair you can’t do that… you will get into trouble with those people.”

“So? He shouldn’t had taken my juice…”

“I know, I know, but this is not our town and our mothers can’t go and talk to those guys mothers… Just pick your face or your juice!”

“Pfff. He is not going to do anything to me, hyung. He is just a rich boy that does nothing but being a spoiled daddy’s boy, who doesn’t stop repeating that he's the dean of the music collage… Oh, and that he is a part time model!”  He said with a sarcastic pitch on his voice while rolling his eyes, following his friend towards the cafeteria. Entering in it they noticed from a distance how a  black haired boy was standing in front of a table with the gaze of a pirate seeking for land, he was searching for two little people with whom he agreed to have lunch with.

“Just skip the problems, JongDae… it's your first day, don’t get into trouble please. Let’s go, SuHo-ah it’s waiting for us and my stomach is craving for some food.” He protested closing his eyes, and letting out the tip of his tongue while his stomach growled in front of everyone.

“You are always hungry.”


***

 

“KyunSoo, YiXing, this is Chen and MinSeok.”

“Nice too meet you.” Both of them said with a big smile while bowing; taking a seat at the table with SuHo they started to look at the tall guy (for them) and a guy that was smaller than them; both of them were giving an expecting look.

“I knew them this morning; both of them share my Spiderman obsession.” SuHo said while looking at their old friends.

“You and your comics.” Said the shorter boy with doe eyes rolling and setting them on the new pair with a smile on his lips. “Hi, my name is KyungSoo. We were starting to get sick from hearing him say that we, his best friends, don’t talk about the things he likes; it’s good thing that you are here.” He made a heart shaped smile so that MinSeok blinking continently, being amazed raised his hands making a heart imitating the smile of the other guy, a thing that Chen interrupted; closing his eyes and denying with his head he took down the hands of his best friend muttering a “No, you embarrass me”.

“Nice to meet you, YiXing. I’m glad to know that our group of four is getting bigger.” Said the tall guy with reddish hair. Hearing him Chen raised an eyebrow smiling, well his accent sure was strange. Definitely …

“Chinese, Right? I know a little but my pronunciation is terrible.”

“I know Korean but people have told me that my pronunciation is weird.” He laughed making a single dimple draw its way up his right cheek. Obviously MinSeok got surprised again and pointed at his own right cheek, so Chen did the same as before: get down the hand of his friend.

"YiXing is an exchange student, but he is going to end up his studies of Dance and Modern dance in Korea. He is pretty good, you should see him, he has been a backup dancer for many famous bands.” KyungSoo said taking the straw from his box of milk to his lips starting to .

“Wow… It must be very hard for you to stay away from your family.” A little sadness came out from the sentence pronounced by MinSeok, but before it could be answered by a smiling YiXing …

“The one who you were crying for is here!”

“The princess…” KyungSoo said rolling his eyes and laughing seeing how the short goy with honey hair came to the table with his tray and left it between YiXing and KyungSoo.

“It took you long enough, BaekHyun, I started to get worried about you.” SuHo said smiling and pointing at the pair of extra trays to the new boys. “Take some food, guys, this lunch is on me.”

“Wow, SuHo takes care of us like we were his own children!” Exclaimed a smiling MinSeok picking one Panini that was lying on the tray that was in front of him and with just one bite half of it was eaten.

“God… Forgive him, sometimes his hunger overpowers his manners.” Chen said smiling and directing his eyes to the guy that just came a minute ago that seemed more than surprised to see how desperate the guy with fluff cheeks had gotten to stuff half of the sandwich in his mouth. “I’m Chen, and the hungry one is MinSeok.”

“Ah. Hi, I’m BaekHyun, but people call me Baek, or Baekkie. But not Bacon.” Said the boy with the sad eyes smiling and looking sideways in the worst way possible to the shortest guy of them all, KyungSoo, that was laughing shaking his head denying it with his eyes closed.

“We better eat a little, don’t want anyone to be hungry later.” SuHo said taking his own sandwich into his mouth while YiXing did the same with his salad and KyungSoo opened a kind of a metallic bento that had kimchi spaghetti and a bowl with Guk Tang.

“Wow…” Minseok stared at those dishes that smelled so good and the he directed his gaze at the younger that pulled his chopsticks and while smiling he was watching the funny expressions of the boy with puffy checks that had already finished eating his Panini.

“KyungSoo is studying Gastronomy; his food is very good, much more than his character that’s for sure, hahaha, that’s why he always brings food cooked by him.” Complained BaekHyun inflating his cheeks and prodding his salad making KyungSoo stick out his tongue, wrinkling his nose.

“Envious. Someday I’ll have my own restaurant. Come, I invite you”KyungSoo said grabbing with his chopsticks some spaghetti and headed it to the hungry mouth of Minseok that receiving it he shoot his eyes closed smiling hugely and pulled his head back lifting his arms.

“Exquisite! I love it, I love it, I love it!”

Everyone laughed because KyungSoo had to give him all his kimchi spaghetti bento, well, he had a Guk Tang bowl, and it was not that there was anything else for him to eat.

“Stop checking yourself out in the mirror, Baekkie…” KyungSoo rolled his eyes as SuHo raised an eyebrow shutting down the boy with heart shaped lips.

“Yah, you do not know when the love of your life may bump into you.”

“And that’s why you always wear eyeliner, then?”

BaekHyng looked at him in the worst way possible closing his mirror. Yes, BaekHyng was one of the few people who had openly admitted his homouality at that University and that was why he always ended up being pushed or his books being stolen, and even the toilet water will not taste that bad after a lot of times being there; yet, that haven’t been a discourage and he always remained being the one who made everyone laugh in the group with his occurrences.

"Yes, maybe there is a cute guy here." BakHyun said in a skirmish way to the other short one as he sticked out his tongue and crossed his arms. KyungSoo simply smiled and YiXing taking a napkin wiped the corners of Baek's lips.

“Thanks YiXing~”

“No worry Baekkie.” He said smiling getting back to his salad and then looked up to SuHo. “SuHo, don’t forget to get the oncology books that you mentioned yesterday.” The tallest got up, smiling and taking his tray.

“Oh, right! Guys, I’m sorry, I must leave you alone with the chef and the future elementary school teacher. See you then?” SuHo asked and also took his tray watching and smiling YiXing that was waiting for the answer of the two new guys.

“Yeth ogf courthg.”  MinSeok exclaimed with his mouth full of spaghetti and Chen just laughed accepting.

“See you later guys, good luck with the book thing.” KyungSoo said and Baek waved good bye with his hand drawing on his face his typical smile.

Yes, it had been not only an interesting lunch, but a fun one too. They had met KyungSoo, a short Gastronomy  student with the dream of having his own restaurant; YiXing a music student and part time dancer of well known K-pop groups that sought to dazzle the stage in the near future; SuHo, future and angelical doctor that no person would fear despite the injections and things like that; and the openly gay BaekHyun student who hoped that some day he could be an elementary school teacher. A diverse group, yet strangely all of them complemented each other perfectly.


***


“Hyung, they said that they would be at the Arcade, right?”

“Yep.”

“Hyung…”

“Hm?”

“HOW THE HELL WILL WE KNOW WHERE THE FOURTH AVENUE ARCADE IS IF WE DON’T KNOW THE FOURTH AVENUE?!”

“Oh…”

“Exactly.”

They were supposed to have been arriving at 4pm to that Arcade. Funny, they had forgotten that they didn’t know Seoul, the boy with reddish and a little disheveled hair pressed his lips crossing his arms, they should ask someone.

“Let’ask someone, ChenChen.”

“Eish…”

And rolling his eyes they began to ask all the nearby people who seemed to know. Maybe the problem was that they were asking elder people, who did not know what an Arcade was. At that time the floodlight to the guy with puffy cheeks.

“Omo, what if we ask that group of guys?!”

“Vey well my dear padawan, you are learning.” Chen said taking one of his hands to the hair of the older and messing his hair went to the group of guys that were standing on a corner drinking some cokes lying on a post. Of course Chen was the one who asked, Chen always asked, that was how his relationship with MinSeok was, because the older always was the shy one of the duo.

“Yes yes yes, let’s go!”

Rolling his eyes the younger one walked with him until they reached them and tapping lightly on the shoulder of one of those tall guys, he started asking without giving the guy the opportunity to turn.

“Good afternoon, we are new here and we would like to know if you know where the Arca…”

His words were interrupted when the tall blond boy turned, and was no more nor less than Sehun and his group of friends, whom on seeing Chen first thing the blond did was smirk and cross his arms.

“Well, well, well… what do we have here?” He asked looking at him with narrowed eyes and making a sign to the other guys in his group that went off the place where they were lying to approach the short boys. “So… I’m a ‘brat,’ Huh? You want to repeat that for the class?” He asked raising an eyebrow at him from above.

“Ahh… Sh-“

“Chen!”

“Shining stars. Shining stars! Eish see? I didn’t swear.” Chen whispered to his friend that was behind him and swallowing he turned his gaze to the tall guy that was walking towards him menacingly. Oh no, he definitely won’t let himself be intimidated, that was not Kim JongDae. “Yes, you are. Just because you have money and are in one of the highest society class doesn’t mean you can go through life thinking everyone else is less than you. That’s why you are just an airhead!”

The other guy opened his mouth mocking surprise and then raising a brow while laughing causing his friends to laugh too.

“If that’s what you think… Maybe I can make you change your mind.” He stopped suddenly narrowing his eyes and released his arms from being crossed. “Get him.”

And as soon as he ruled that , the first thing that the short one did was to take a step back, take the arm of his best friend with puffy cheeks that was standing there in complete shock and started running.

“MinSeok!” He yelled pulling him a bit and starting to run at full speed hoping the older would react. He let go of MinSeok’s arm and took his own course, which did not happened until Sehun and a tan boy with two other really tall boys began to scamp his best friend.

No. He couldn’t let them take his best friend. He had to help Chen unless avoiding one of them to reach him! Before the last one could pass him, MinSeok threw himself into a boy with blonde whitish hair avoiding this way that he went behind Chen, dropping both of them down.

“AH!”

“Ahh, leave my friend alone!”

“Who is your friend? Just let me go!”

“Not until you tell me that you are not going to go behind him to knock him down!”

“Ouch, ouch my arm, okay I won’t go, I won’t go, I was just following my group, I'm not the kind of person who would hurt someone!”

“Oh … Then… I’m sorry.”

Dam it, he had screwed it up. MinSeok slowly let go the guy which somehow he had immobilized and who now knew he was taller than him. Agitated and after having a struggled a bit he sighed deeply flopping back against the asphalt closing his eyes and stretching his arms.

“No, it’s fine; if I were you I would have done the same.” The blonde whitish hair boy sat on the floor once the smallest veered off him and laid on the floor. “ I don’t even know what happened, but SeHun is mad with your friend so… it’s a death sentence…” He said also agitated while rubbing his arm that had been immobilized by the guy who was lying beside him, looking carefully he saw that the other was cursing himself mentally, you could tell that by the way he stood with his eyes closed pressing his lips.

“Ah… from all of the five I had to take the pacifist… Brilliant!” He exclaimed frustrated raising his arms in the air and dropping them again.

“Sorry…” He said with a gentle voice the taller one watching the expressive actions of the shorter. Biting his lower lip he smiled slowly daring to speak. “LuHan.”

“Eh?”

“My name is LuHan, nice  to meet you. Sorry that the one you caught was me. By the way… for being small you are very strong.”

 

 

A/N: Well, again I gotta thank my lovely Betas, seriously ugh. I really really love them. They are making me a GREAT favor by helping me translate this fanfic. By the way, Thanks for subscribing to my fic, it would be lovely for you to comment it ;;; I'd like to know what do you think and that would be an amazing because that kinda encourages me to keep going ;;;; well, I'll be waiting.