Dazed

Familiar

As Tao entered his dorm room, he checked his phone. He was surprised to see 5 missed calls from his mother. As soon as he saw this, he immediately called his mother back.

“Tao! Why didn’t you answer my calls?”

“Sorry mom, I was uh-busy. What’s wrong?” Tao asked his mother, sounding concerned.

“Remember my friend, the one in America but has a son going attending university here? Well, she just arrived and I invited both her and her son for dinner tonight. So, you must come home tonight for dinner, you understand?” his mom answered.

“What? But mom-“

“No but’s, Huang Zitao. You are coming home tonight,” his mom said sternly. “Plus, you were so close to her son! Remember, you used to play with him every day before we moved here. What was his name?”

“I-I forgot,” Tao answered with a soft voice. But in reality, he didn’t. He remembered exactly the kid’s name. Kim Jongin. His first acquaintance, his first friend, his first love. He was thinking about him, how this dinner was going to make him able to reunite with Jongin again, that he didn't realize that he was still on the phone with his mother until she destroyed his train of thoughts with her voice.

"Huang Zitao, hello?"

"Sorry mom, I got distracted. Uhh, school stuff," he lied.

“Ah. But seriously though, you must be home by tonight. See you!” were her last words before she closed the phone.

“Great, company,” Tao said before getting ready to go home for dinner. His mom knew that he wasn’t so good with people, so he was also wondering why she invited him. But he decided to go home anyway. Just for tonight. To see him again.

When he arrived home, he heard voices that he weren’t so familiar with from the dining room so he was guessing that the guests have arrived.

“Mom, I’m home!” Tao said in his loudest voice, which, if heard by usual people, was still very soft, as he made his way to the dining room. When he entered, he was shocked by who his mom’s friend’s son was.

“Tao baby, you’re home! Remember Mrs. Kim and her son, Jongin?” were his mom’s words as he entered.

“Hey, Tao,” Kai said awkwardly.

“Kai?!” Tao exclaimed, shocked to see his school’s senior here. And then it clicked, that’s why Kai seemed very familiar. It was his childhood friend/first love, Jongin. He was shocked, eyes wide and his jaws dropped.  All Kai did was smile at Tao.

“Tao, go sit beside Jongin, let’s have dinner together, “Kai’s mom, Mrs. Kim said.

“O-okay,” Tao said as he walked towards the empty chair beside Kai, or Jongin, as they ate in awkward silence as the mom’s chattered away, reminiscing the past.

Tao didn't know what he felt, it was in the borderline of being happy and weirded out. But, he just ate anyway, in silence, of course. 

Kai, who didn't know what to do as well, kept on glancing at Tao. Whenever they made eye contact, Kai would just smile awkwardly at Tao. Tao, being repectful to the guest, smiled back.

This is going to be a long night, Tao thought to himself.

                                                                                                                                                                                                              

a/n: BOOM new chapter up! This is the second to the last chapter ;; since I don't have any new fics that I'm working on at the moment, you guys (readers, subscribers, anything) can comment on what you want me to write next! It's like a request? Yeah :D It'll mean so much to me if you comment so I'm waiting for ideas to blast out of your heads. Thanks! <3