Unbelievable

Familiar

“Good job, Tao! I knew you would make it, dear!” Tao’s mom exclaimed as she turned to Tao and embraced him.

“What’s happening?” Tao asked, thinking that he has never seen his mom like this, especially early in the morning as he was drying his hair after a fresh morning shower.

“You did it, Tao! You got accepted in that university! You know, the one you applied to about a month ago,” Tao’s mom explained still with such a giddy tone.

“Don’t kid around, mom. Are you sure?” Tao asked again, doubting his mom.

“Yes, the results came out this morning on the Internet and I saw your name. Congratulations, baby! We should have a party tonight to celebrate your success, what do you think? We can invite your aunties and uncles and your friends! Who was it, Lay? Luhan?” Tao’s mom asked him, still feeling so happy upon seeing her son’s name on the Internet.

“Yeah, sure,” Tao said with a soft voice as he was still at a state of astonishment and shocked. He never thought he would be accepted in the first place. He took the test because his childhood best-friend, Jia, asked him to accompany her. Since he didn’t want to wait for her, he decided to take the test as well. Now that he was accepted, he started to feel the anxiousness build inside him.

Tao was never the extrovert; he was a quiet boy since he was a kid and he was always like that growing up. This happened when his mom and dad got a divorce when he was a kid. After witnessing that, he had trust issues, especially with people. Having only 3 class mates in class didn’t really help him open up as well due to the lack of people to socialize with. Plus, he didn’t really try to communicate with them as well.

Half of him felt happy because this university would really help his open paths for job opportunities in the future, even though he didn’t really want to go anyway. However, he was scared of what university life has to offer. He was scared of people, and moving to university from a really private school would be a huge culture shock, and Tao was very aware of that. However, he decided to go anyway, to not disappoint his mom

After 3 months of preparing mentally and physically, Tao and his mom arrived at the main door of the university.  “Mom, I’m scared,” Tao said with a shaky voice. It sounded like he was on the verge of crying.

“Don’t worry, baby. It’s going to be okay,” his mom said reassuringly as she pulled Tao to a hug. Once she let go, Tao dragged his suitcase to his dorms and started to settle down.

I have a bad feeling about this, Tao thought to himself. Little did he know that he was going to meet someone special, someone he thought he had lost forever

                                                                                                                                                                                                              

a/n: So this is the end of the first chapter. Basically, it's just an introduction of the whole story. Please wait until the next chapter comes out HIHI ^^