No Boundaries : The Angel Named Leeteuk

[Oneshot] No Boundaries

He heard the clock ticking while the sun slowly rises. He smiled as he watched her sleeping face that resembles that of an angel. In his arms lay a woman that can make a being like him feel like that of a human.

Leeteuk looked at the small clock on her bedside table. It was almost time for her to wake up.

"JooEun~ah..." he touched her hair and snuggled closer to her. "Jooeun~ah it's almost five, you'll be late for school."

He touched her face and kissed her small nose. A little smile formed on her perfect pair of lips as she slowly opened her eyes to meet his own.

"Good morning..." he said to her.

She reached out to turn off the alarm she set. "I beat the alarm everytime." she chuckled. "Good morning!"

He nodded to her and stood up. He flew towards the door and told her that he'll wait.

"Eung..." she stretched her arms.

Patiently, he waited at her kitchen counter and played with the pen placed there. His mind filled with the thoughts of that human with a beauty so unreal even he was stunned. Her voice echoed in his ears, her face visible before him even when she's not around. He loved everything about her.

Another feather fell.

For half a year, he had stayed in the world and stayed with her. And within that small period of time, he acquired traits that someone like him never had. He learned that he can love 'romantically' with a human. He who was given an identity. He who had the right to be called "he". A special angel. He who had the chance to come on earth for the first time since the world was created from nothing.

He was ageless. An immortal soul. Yet, he was surprised how within the few moments they've been together, he fell.

Forty-five minutes had passed.

The door of her room opened. She headed to the fridge and took out her left-over food from last night.

"Where do you plan to go after school?" he asked while flying behind her.

"Ummm..." she mumbled while shoving the container inside the microwave. "After five, I'll meet Hyosun and the others. And maybe when the party ended early, I'll go to the park and breath some fresh air."

She opened the fridge again and took out a carton of fresh milk.

"I can go with you right?"

She drank her milk and walked past him.

"JooEun~ah, I can go right?"

She nodded and he was like a little kid.

After eating her breakfast, they headed outside her apartment. He was just behind her. So close yet, how come that he felt so far that day. A drop of snow fell on her nose.

"Oh, first snow?" She lifted her hand and let the snow fall on her palm.

"Where're your gloves?"

"Oh! Majayo! I left my gloves!" she ran back inside.

He stood there and felt his heart skip a beat. "Baboya." he grinned.

Seoul has never been this busy in his eyes since he first came to earth. Yes, this was even the first time he saw what snow was like. It was a mystery for someone like him.

She came running beside her wearing those new pair of red gloves. She touched her cheeks. It was the same gloves she had always wanted for as long as he remembered.

A flash of jealousy shot through his heart, is it right for him to feel that way? Isn't it something he wasn't created with?

He wanted to give her what ever she wanted, but he cannot do that can he?

"Who...who gave them to you?" he whispered so soft she musn't have heard it.

"Good thing omma gave these to me. Ooohhh...so warm." she walked hurriedly.

"Yah," he shouted after her.

A smile started to form on his lips because of the word 'omma'.

He flew after her and grabbed her hand. "You'll get cold."

It was one of the few things he can do. Hold her hand when she's cold, hug her at night, keep her safe. He wanted to give her the world if it can make her happy but he can't give everything.


"Eodiseo, JooEun~ah?" he heard Hyosun's voice from the other end of the line.

"I'm already inside the train, don't worry I won't escape!" she joked. "Ne, I'll be there."

She sighed. The truth was she was already tired. He was sure. He pulled her into a hug. It felt as if it was the longest day of his life. And he wanted was to stay right there inside the train and hug her all day. "We should've just gone home. you look tired already."

"No, I promised Hyosun that I will go."

"Namsan-Dong Station..." the voice announced.

As the doors opened they headed out to the fourth exit. It was already past six in the evening.

A cold wind hit his back as they walked hand in hand. He stopped. He looked around and heard the flap of wings. A bad feeling enveloped him.

"JooEun~ah!"

"Hyosun~ah!"

Jooeun left him and ran towards the other girl. "How are you? I missed you so much!"

"You look happy, do you have a boyfriend? You should've brought him with you." The other girl teased.

"Me?" She looked at him and smiled. "I am early. Let's go."

He followed them silently, that strange feeling floated with him in the air and seemed to follow him as well. He gulped and watched JooEun from one corner of the room. She laughed and talked with the others, looking at him once in a while, maybe checking if he was still there or not.

The night grew deeper and he felt the burden inside his heart get heavier. It felt so warm, he cannot breathe. He clasped a hand on his chest and hugged himself with his wings. She was enjoying everyone else's company that she did not notice him in that corner.

"JooEun~ssi gwaenchana?"

She turned around. Holding her wounded finger.

Leeteuk opened his eyes and before him stood another angel. "We need to go."

"Mwo?"

"Our mission has ended." the other angel looked over his shoulder.

A man was talking to her holding her hand.

"JooEun~ah..." he reached out his hand.

"Leeteuk~ssi, it's time."

And before his eyes, everything turned white. The last picture of the woman he loved was gone. And it was something he would not remember again.


"JooEun~ssi gwaenchana?"

Donghae watched her tears fall in an endless stream. She cried that much for such a small wound. "What happened?"

She shook her head. "I lost something..." it was a whisper. "There's something that was gone..."