Chapter 1

Long Time No See

(Taemin’s P.O.V.)

 

I walked to the last spot I saw Juliet, our old dance room. I go here when I need to think. It’s a special spot for me. It’s the place where I first saw her, the place I confessed to her, and the last place I saw her. As I entered the room, I was surprised to see a girl and a child next to her. As the girl kept walking forward, my heart froze. It was Juliet.

I blink rapidly, making sure I wasn’t just seeing things. All of a sudden she hugs me and whispers in my ear,

“Taemin.” I can hear her cries.

“Juliet.” I say back. We freeze like that for a moment. Then all of a sudden I hear a little and quiet voice.

“Umma, are you okay?” She breaks away from the hug. I look down, and it’s the child I saw as I was walking in. Juliet is a mom? My heart starts to ache. She’s found someone else hasn’t she. She’s better off without me.

“Umma’s okay.” Juliet says as she picks up her daughter. My heart still hurts. She left me without even saying goodbye.

“T-Taemin,” She stutters and another tear escapes her eye. “this is, Min Jung. She’s your…” the room is dead silent as she mutters out the last word of her sentence. “daughter.” My heart stops.

“What?” I say. Then Juliet’s confirms her statement.

“Min Jung is your daughter.” I feel my stomach do a complete 360. I have a daughter. Anger rises in me.

“Is this why you left?” I say a little sternly. Juliet just nods her head. I can still see the pain in her eyes, which calms me down.

“Why didn’t you tell me. Juliet, I had right to know, don’t you think so? We should of thought this out together. We should've raised her together. You robbed me of 3 years I could’ve spent with my daughter.” I say calmly, I was disappointed, and felt betrayed at the same time.

“I’m sorry.” she whispers. I instantly regret what I say. I rub the back of my neck.

“It’s okay, I just wish we could of done this together.” I smile at her. All of a sudden Min Jung looks at me. She puts her arms out and says,

“Appa!” signaling me to carry her. I pick her up in my arms, and it hits me. I’m a father, and I have a daughter. I have a daughter.

“She’s always known who her Appa was.” Juliet says. I look at her and smile.

“Appa, I want ice cream.” She says cutely.

“Then let’s get ice cream!” I say and grab Juliet’s hand, running outside. All of a sudden Juliet let’s go.

“Taemin, the reason I left was so you wouldn’t get in trouble.” She looks at me and takes Min Jung. “If someone finds out we all know what will happen.” Min Jung looks at both of us with a face full of confusion.

“Let’s meet at your place. I’ll buy the ice cream.” I say. Juliet gives me her address and hugs me.

“Don’t get caught.” She says in my ear, and we part ways.

 

(Juliet’s P.O.V)

 

A rush of emotions fills my whole body. Sadness, regret, and happiness. I carry Min Jung and walk home. As we walk home Min Jung keeps talking about how her appa looks different from his music videos. Her smile is brighter and I can tell she’s happy that she’s met him. I feel sad as I think about what Taemin told me. I sigh and brush it off. I made the right choice right? We arrive at my apartment. It’s quite small, but it’s good enough for the two of us, and my small income. I haven’t been able to find a job yet, since I’ve come back from California. All of our clothes are still in our suitcases and we still haven’t bought any beds; instead we sleep on small padding, I laid out on the floor. Then someone knocks on the door. I get up and answer it. It’s Taemin. He looks around and frowns. I can feel he’s shocked at how empty the apartment is.

“You guys just got here huh?” He asks. I just nod my head. “So why did you decide to come back?” I miss you. I say in my head, but quickly respond

“I felt Minnie would learn better here, where she came from.” I lie.

“Oh. Well where did you go?” He asks as we sit on the floor and open the ice cream bars he bought us.

“I went to California.” He looks at me with wide eyes.

“Wow really?” I can tell he’s very excited. “How was it there?”

“It was nice, but I miss the South Korean weather.” We both smile at the same time remembering how we spent a nice cold winter day snuggled up together in the SHINee Dorm. We keep talking and Min Jung falls asleep on the padded mat. We talk and talk until it gets late, and I lay my head on Taemin’s lap and he sings to me like old times, and I fall asleep to Taemin’s voice, our past in my mind.

 

(Taemin’s P.O.V.)

 

I look down at my family. My family. It’s amazing to say that. I look at Juliet asleep in my lap and I can’t help but smile. She’s back. She’s finally back. I’ve waited for 3 whole years, and she’s back. But one thought keeps entering my head. Will we ever be the same as we were before?

 

(Mystery P.O.V.)

 

I slowley walk to Taemin’s old dance room, looking for him, when all of a sudden I hear him talking with someone. It’s a girl’s voice? What is Taemin doing with a girl. All of a sudden I hear,

“Taemin, this is Min Jung, she’s your daughter.” Taemin has a daughter?