Chapter 16

Mr. Perfect

Inside Cathay Jewelry Store - 3:00 pm:

Raymond pointed at a tear drop pendant with a floating diamond in its center and addressed the saleswoman. "May I please have a look at this one?"

The saleswoman eagerly obtain the necklace from its box and stretched it out on the counter directly beneath the bright yellow overhead lights for her customer's appraisal.

Raymond picked up the necklace and admired it. "What do you think?" he asked as Ron leaned in for a closer look.

Ron chuckled and said, "I'm touched but I'm not really a jewelry type kind of guy."

Raymond jabbed Ron in the ribs. "Its not for you. Charmaine's birthday is coming up and I want to give her something special."

Ron shooked his head. "Does she even know how you feel?" Seeing the gloom on Raymond's face was all the answer Ron needed. "Giving her this necklace might give you away. I know that you guys have become good friends but friends do not give friends these kind of gifts."

Raymond had thought about that and decided perhaps now was the perfect opportunity to tell her how he feels. They've been getting along great, laughing and joking with each other, unlike the past. He was also positive that Charmaine no longer had any feelings for Benny. By giving her this necklace could offer the opening he needed to ask her out on a real date. Impatiently, he asked Ron "Just tell me what you think of the necklace."

"I really don't know much about jewelry." Ron took the necklace from Raymond and looked at the price tag. He then mimicked a woman's voice and said, "But for this price I guess I could fall in love with you."

Raymond shoved him lightly and retrieved the necklace from Ron. "Seriously do you think she would like it?"

Ron looked gravely at Raymond and patted him on the shoulder. "Of course."

===========================================================

Inside Charmaine and Myolie's Apartment - 10:00 pm:

Charmaine and Myolie sat in front of the television munching on shrimp chips while watching an old DVD.

Ron came home with Raymond following behind. "What are you ladies watching?" Ron asked as he threw his keys onto the table beside the television.

Myolie moved aside for Ron to sit next to her. "Its a horror flick from the 80s. Pretty creepy."

Charmaine turned to Raymond who was still standing by the door. Gleefully, she said, "Sometimes I feel as if you live here."

Raymond smiled and sat down beside Charmaine. "I wish I did. Myolie's cooking is awesome."

Charmaine turned to Raymond with eyebrows raised. "And I thought it was because of Ron. Are you guys sure you aren't lovers?"

Myolie looked at Ron soberly. "Come to think of it, it does make sense. You and Raymond are awfully close for guys."

Ron stood up uneasily and threw his hands up in the air. "We're not! I swear!"

Charmaine and Myolie fell back laughing folding in their stomaches. Together they're both scream out at Ron. "er."

"Why you two..." Ron grabbed a pillow and began hitting the still laughing girls with it. The blows were soft and playful and soon all four of them were laughing and hitting each other with the pillows.