Byeol

Fools for you

Seungho's POV

I was awake the entire night. I kept thinking of the baby. Her hopeful face just kept appearing in my head. I kept tossing and turning. I was so desperate to fall asleep that I even considered popping down some sleeping pills. Just as I was on the verge of giving up sleep, I heard the sound of the door knob turning. I watch the figure walk out of the room and into the living room where I was. Behind him, a smaller figure followed.

"No, hyungnim. Go back to sleep. I will be back soon." Junhyung whispered to his puppy. It barked once in respond.

"Shhh!" He covered the puppy's mouth.

"Don't wake the world. Naughty doggie." He poked the puppy. It whimpered softly.

It was like watching two puppies interact with each other. How cute.

"I'll be back." He said.

Hyungnim started barking again.

"Shhhh!!! You'll wake them." Junhyung hissed.

"Junhyung ah~" I called out.

I saw him jump a little.

"Look at what you have done. Bad doggie!" Junhyung frowned, pretending to want to throw Hyungnim away, but that boy would never be able to do so. He is too much of a sweetheart to do something so mean.

"Go away." He pushed Hyungnim away gently.

Hyungnim turned and walked off.

"Yah! How dare you walk off!? So unloyal!" He scolded.

Junhyung, are you confused?

He turned back to look at me. I saw him bite down on his jaw as he clenched his fists.

"Where....?" He cut me off min-sentence.

"I can't get her off my mind. I can't. I just can't." He muttered, his head lowed.

I sat up and nodded.

"I understand." I said.

"You do?" He asked, looking up finally.

"I'm the same." I said.

"I..." He bit his lower lip.

"Let's go." I said.

"Where?" He asked, looking surprised.

"Aren't you thinking of going to bring her back?" I asked.

"How did you...?" His jaw dropped.

"Because I'm thinking of the same." I said.

"We have to hurry then. It's cold and I.. I don't dare think of what might happen." He said.

"Nothing would happen." I assure him.

"Are you guys really going to go without me?" A voice from behind said as we were about to exit the house. Doojoon.

"Of course not." I said, grabbing his arm.

Junhyung's POV

"Hurry up!" I said as we ran to where the baby girl was. It was not far from where my home was but I could not take it slowly.

"Where are you? Where are you?" I muttered as I ran. I honestly cannot remember exactly where she was. But just as I was thinking about that, I heard a cry. It was not the sobbing kind of cry, but more like the cry that says 'I'm here.'

"There!" I ran with all my might to the source of the cry.

"Wait up!" I heard Seungho hyung and Doojoon hyung yell from behind, but I had no time to wait.

"Hey~" I cooed as I scooped the baby into my arms.

"It's okay, it's okay." I rocked her gently.

"Is she okay!?" Seungho hyung and Doojoon hyung asked, panting from the running.

"Yes. But she must be frozen." I said, wrapping her tiny hand gently around my fist.

"Here." Doojoon hyung said, taking off his jacket.

"Are you sure?" I asked. Although Spring was coming, it was still winter weather at night.

"Of course." He said, despite his teeth chattering.

"Let's go before we all freeze." Seungho hyung said.

"Let's go, okay?" I said to her.

She grabbed tightly onto my finger.

"You will be okay." I smiled at her.

She snuggled deeper into my arms. I hugged her closer to my chest as we headed home.

When we finally arrived home, I put her down onto the couch. The three of us looked at each other, and then at the baby.

"So.... what should we do?" Seungho hyung asked.

All I thought of was to bring her home, but I never really thought of what to do after that. So, how exactly do you raise a baby?

“Maybe we should name her first?” Doojoon hyung suggested.

I am pretty sure naming the baby is not the first step you take to raise her, but it kind of make sense, I guess?

“Byeol.” I said.

“What?” They looked at me, confused.

“Byeol. Star.” I repeated.

“Like the star and moon, star?” Seungho hyung asked.

I nodded.

“Why?” Doojoon hyung asked.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing, just…” Byeol let out a sound, cutting Doojoon hyung off mid-sentence.

“She likes it.” I said.

“Are you sure that is how she would sound when she likes something?” Seungho hyung asked.

“I should think so.” I said.

“My shining star, you like your name?” I asked her.

She chuckled, but started crying, startling me.

“Are you sure?” Doojoon hyung asked, obviously surprised by her sudden cry.

“She must be hungry!” I said, picking her up in my arms.

“Milk. We need milk.” I said.

“What kind of milk? Do you have milk?” Seungho hyung asked.

“I… I do. But… can she drink those? It’s in the fridge.” I said.

“Maybe she can? Whatever. Anything that would fill her stomach first!” Doojoon hyung said as he rushed to the kitchen.

“I think I better google it first.” Seungho hyung said.

“Shhh~” I hushed her.

“Junhyung ah!” Doojoon yelled from the kitchen.

“What is it!?” I asked.

"Where is the milk bottle!?” He asked.

"What!?" I asked, surprised by his question. 

His eyes widened too when he finally realized what he had just asked me. All of us froze and stared at each other. Byeol had stopped crying, but was looking pitifully at us.

Byeol ah~ Teach us how to raise you. 

***
Doojoon: Where is the milk bottle!?

Junhyung: What!?

tumblrlynecjobx21qawpek.gif

tumblrlyk956svrb1ro2mqx.gif

tumblrmbfcwk0fii1qafc24.gif