2

A Thousand Miles in Between

She smiled, the exact same smile she had on the first time I confessed to her that time, “I thought you’d never gonna ask”

“So…?”

“Yes, silly yes!” She exclaimed

“Thank you, yeobo!”

Ya! Not that fast Lee Taemin” she shouted.

“Fine, I am sorry, pretty thing”

“That’s better”

So that’s it, we were dating. For months, we had to be satisfied by emailing or skype-ing . she was busy, so did I. ever since the partnership went on, Minho hyung wouldn’t stop persuaded me to buy a share from the company, but I didn’t really like taking care of it, I only love teaching and that was all. Besides, I know nothing about financial thing whatsoever. The reason Minho hyung wanted to sold the shares because he already found the one. He wanted to be a good husband for her, the husband who will always be there for her, not just the one who made money. But then again, my lack of interests in any business thing, make it so hard to say yes. A few months later, he never asked me to buy the shares at all. And that’s where things get more exciting.

“Oppa, I have a surprise for you” My pretty thing said excitedly

“Should I feel good about it?”

“For a few days? No. Because you need to turn your filthy apartment into a decent place to live by 2 people”

I frowned “What did you say?”

“Gosh, oppa, you need to learn how to understand people being sarcastic to you, you know? I am moving to Korea next week”

 I was in dazed, my mind’s ability to process words slow down immediately “Wait, what?”

“I say I am moving to Korea next week, geez Taemin”

“Really? Why? You say you didn’t want to rush things between us but—“

“But your lovely Minho hyung offered to sell some of your company shares to my brother, and he asked me personally to take care of it there, in Korea, I refused at first but it’s not like you’re going here right?” She stated

I stood up, looking for something in my desk that I’ve kept as a secret to her since few weeks before. I showed her that thing, my flight ticket, to meet her the next month. I tore it down in front of her. What’s the use when she was going to be here the next week.

“I planned my trip to go there and meet you since few weeks ago, but I couldn’t get some day off since some trainees are going to make their debut stage soon. And I finally found the time and that’s next month but you’re going to be here anyway, so what’s the use?”

“Should I tear down my flight ticket as well because it’d be awesome you know, webcam-ing with your boyfriend, tearing down each other tickets to see them” She laughed

“NO! DON’T YOU DARE MISSY” I yelled. She only laughed. “I love you, you know”

“I love you too, mushroom hair”

“Hey, I am not that kind of man”

“Hey why don’t you take a look on the mirror”

She was right, my hair was like a mushroom.

So the next few days, I hired someone to clean my apartment, make it more decent to live in. I even asked Key hyung for helped. I need someone to helped me about interior and all the classy things in between and who was better to ask then Key hyung?

The few days later, I pulled my car to the parking lot. I ran towards the arrival gate because walking wouldn’t satisfied my feelings of wanting to see her. When I arrived at the arrival gate, a voice over said her flight was delayed and would be here for another hours. i decided to just wait at the coffee shop nearby. I waited for seems like hours, my heart felt like it could just jump  out from my chest. I feel excited about meeting her.

excuse me, are you Lee Taemin?”

“yes, I---“

“Hi oppa!” it was her. She was finally there, in front of me. I pulled her into a hug, I kissed her lips for a long time because we deserved it. They say when you finally met someone you love, time stops, everything stops for that moment, because all that matter that time was just you, and them. And that moment, I felt the time stops, just for us.

“I miss you”

“Me too”

Living with her was absolutely perfect. But let me clear things up, we maybe live together but we never did that kind of things, she keep herself perfectly for her wedded husband, and for that time, we just cuddled and that’s the farthest. She would wake up early in the morning and made us breakfast, and then she would wake me up. We would have our breakfast together and get ready to our office, yup our office since she worked at our company as well.

“Let me remind you of something, oppa. In the office, I am a worker not your pretty thing, got it? just keep it professional.” She reminded me

“But I could take my pretty thing to lunch, right?” She nodded.

When the work hour is over, I’d take her back to my apartment, or should I say ours. She cooked for our dinner, because she didn’t really like eating outside. After dinner, we would watched movies or anything on TV where she learn about Korean language.

On her 2nd weekend in Seoul, I took her to meet my parents. She was nervous, she asked about her look all the time eventhough my answer was the same one “you look just fine”

I told my parents about her few months before she came to Seoul so they knew about her. And they were excited to see her as well. My mom loved her immediately, praising her nonstop about how pretty she was or how lucky I was to be with her.

You should’ve ask her to marry you, you know” My mom said

Mom!” My hyung exclaimed “Sorry, she didn’t mean it” He continue

“Why? I do mean it” My mom stated.

I am waiting for it as well, ma’am” She suddenly said.

I chocked on my food hard, she quickly handed me the water when everybody was laughing at me.

Aigoo, my son your girlfriend is indeed one of a kind” My mom stated

She is” I said squeezing her hand

On the way home after meeting my parents, I’ve been thinking about what she said to my family. I knew she was joking but I need to make sure, once again.

“Do you really want to be my wife?”

“Uhm yes, why not?”

“Are you going to marry SHINee’s Taemin or Lee Taemin?”

“I want to marry my boyfriend”

“Uhm great. I’m going to plan everything out” I said excitedly

“uh-huh not so fast Lee Taemin, you need to do it decently. I am still a girl, you know”

“Okay, whatever you say my princess”


 

a/n : just one more chapter and we're finish! oh and my birthday is tomorrow so yeaaaahhh~~~