3

A Thousand Miles in Between

From that moment, my mission was to plan an unforgettable proposal for her. Once again, I asked my hyungs for advice, and they were nicely gave me. Key hyung once again willing to help me out, so did his fiancée. I couldn’t thank them enough for what they’ve done, “once a SHINee always a SHINee, right?” Onew hyung once said.

After a month planning the surprise, I came to a decision to just asked her on her birthday. It’d always be a day to remember. And besides, her birthday is her favorite holiday of the year. Her birthday is as sacred as any other holiday. She always take a day off from office just for her birthday. Except that one time, when I proposed to her.

I asked Minho hyung to do something so she couldn’t get her usual day off. Minho hyung agreed right away, he claimed the office was busy that day anyway.

But oppa, that’s---“

“this one time only, please. I am so overwhelmed by all these stuffs and I could really use your help. The boys are going to debut song and I need to go on meeting for their first appearance and all so please?” Minho hyung once again used his aegyo. My wife’s fangirl heart biggest weakness

She sighed “okay this one time only”

The night before her birthday, she never stopped nagging about how sacred her birthday was and how badly she wanted to just turn Minho hyung down but she couldn’t do it because he was her Minho oppa. I told her everything was going to be all worth it. I even bought a birthday cake for her in advance and made a ‘little birthday surprise’ so she wouldn’t set her hope to high about what would happen next.

That night, I couldn’t sleep at all. My mind wondering about things, what could go wrong, what would her expression be, what would she say, everything. Oh and about her parents, I called them in advance, and thank God they give their blessing. I promised we would go to see afterwards. I even called her brother, he once hesitated it because he thought my wife only loved me as her idol not as man but I know she wasn’t.

On that day, she would wake up on the usual hour. Cook breakfast for us, and all things in between.  I drove to the office, we would chatted along the way, I thought she’d be grumpy because she didn’t get what she usually got but she didn’t. there are so many reason why I love her, and she always add something new to that list every single day.

Once I got to the office, I made sure of everything. Checked on everything. Just making sure everything was going to be nothing but perfect. Key hyung stopped by and helped me as well before went to teach the trainees.

One thing Lee Taemin, make her feel like the first time” He said. I nodded, understand.

After the work hour done, I checked myself for the thousandth time on the mirror, wish myself a good luck before stopped by at her office. “it’s showtime”

I helped her out on last detail of her work, she looked so exhausted and I felt bad for it. but I have to do it anyway. After everything done, I took a blindfold off my pocket and put it on her eyes. Of course she refusing but I was stronger. I calmed her down and tell her everything was going to be just fine. For a sometime, she finally calmed down, but still a bit tensed.

I took her step by step, across the quiet empty hall, the elevator and the stairs. She would sometimes scold me for making the surprise such an obvious that it was all a surprise. I cursed myself along the way for not thinking it that way. She will always be one step ahead of me in anything.

I pushed a door before us, kicking it to be exact. once it opened, ‘the stage’ of ‘my show’ could be seen. The rooftop.

I helped her to take out her blindfold . she slowly opened her eyes, squinting it for some times to adjust the amount of light entering her eyes. Once she realized, she was in wow-ed. Her eyes teared up, hands in probably preventing her from screaming.

Ok lets just skip about how I popped up the question because it was sooooo embarrassing and it’s all ruined because she knew I was going to ask her to marry me.

Her answer?

“Yes!”

All my life never have I seen someone smiling so big, the look on her face that time was the most beautiful thing I ever see. And for that moment, I was so grateful for everything, for Minho hyung who asked me to take on my first business trip where I met her.

About the wedding? It was perfect. All my hyungs as best men, their wives and fiancées as her bride maids. I couldn’t ask for more.

And up to this day, I couldn’t ask for more, but she always gives me more than I ever expected. She always full of surprise. I once asked, how can you survive being in a long time relationship with someone? Don’t you get bored? But I know the answer, it depends on who are you going to spend your life time with. When they are your “one” then everything is worth it. even if there’s a thousand miles separating you, you’ll always going to find a way to be together. Just like me, and her. My pretty thing. 

 


 

a/n : OKAY JUDGE ME THE END IS SOOOO WEIRD I KNOW. but i was in rush writing it. so yeah today is my birthday and its a gift from myself hehehee hope you enjoy~