Living with Him

Dead End

Chapter 2 - Living with Him

Arron came back into the house with the bag of takeout food. Suddenly, he heard a loud scream coming from his room. He dumped the takeout on the counter and raced upstairs.

Just as he came to the doorway, Athena ran out. She smacked into him, tripping over the carpet. Arron reached out and caught her. Looking up and seeing that it was him, Athena immediately buried her face in his broad, muscular chest.

"T-t-here w-was s-someth-hing o-on t-the b-bed," she whimpered against his chest, "I'm scared." Taking her hand, he led her over to her bed. With one quick tug, he pulled the covers off the bed. Laying in the King sized bed, was his brother. 'Oh shoot,' he thought, 'I should've kicked him out long ago. Now he's nothing but a bother to me.'

"Who's your little girlfriend, brother? Heh, she's a cute one," he smirked as he roamed his eyes over her body. Arron stood in front of Athena, shielding her from his erted brother's gaze.

"Oooh, so protective."

"Shut up and get out," Arron snapped, as he pulled Athena over to the door, "you're not welcome." He felt a tugging on his sleeve.

"Who's that?" asked Athena innocently, "Why is he here?" He looked at her adorable, innocent face.

"I'm-"

"He's no one and he's leaving now." Arron said firmly as he pushed his brother out the room, down the stairs, into the hallway, pass the kitchen, and out the door. He slammed the door in his surprised brother's face.
---
"Hey-" The guy's protest was cut off as Arron slammed the door, nearly hitting his face. Sighing, he took his leave. 'Arron, you won't get rid of me quickly. I'll be back,' he thought as he gave a chilly laugh as he strode down the street, 'and that pretty little girlfriend of yours will be mines.'
---

Athena asked as she stood at the top of the stairs. "Hey, who was that? I heard him call you brother. Is that your brother? He-" Her questions were cut off abruptly.

"Listen, get back into bed now," Arron told her softly, "and I'll tell you. You have a fever, in case you didn't know, and I also have some questions to ask you."

Athena raced to the bed and plopped down. Her dark violet eyes shined brightly. "Who was that?" she asked again.

Sighing, Arron pulled up a chair and sat next to the bed. He looked at the clock, it was 1:30 am. 'Wow, it's late. This girl's got energy!' he thought as he fought down a yawn. He hasn't slept much in the last few days. "That WAS my brother. But he's not someone you should be friends with. He's..." 'Hmm, how should I put this? I don't want to scare her.' "...a bad person," he decided.

"Oh, does he do bad things? Like kill people or do drugs?" she asked.

"Kind of..." he trailed off when she said 'kill people.' That was what he did, his whole life so far was an assassin. 'I should change,' he thought, '...wait, why? All because of this young girl, I'm changing my life? What is going on with me?' he shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts.

"Okay! Next question!" she chirped, moving onto the next question she was dying to ask him, "What's your name? I told you mines, so now tell me yours!"

"Fine...but you have to go to bed after this okay?" he hoped she would. He was getting tired and plus he wanted some time to think about his answers before she asked more questions. He didn't want innocent Athena to be scared of him and run away. Since his brother already saw Athena, if she ran out, who knows what his brother might do to her? "My name's..." 'I should just say my first name. Yeah...that's good.' "Arron."

"Arron..." she smiled, "I like that name." 'This is my chance to be a normal 16 year-old girl! Yes! No more nagging parents, annoying suitors, and Princess lessons! I'll keep my secret away from him.' She yawned. "I'm tired. Good night." She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

"Goodnight to you, Athena." He smiled. She was the one. The one he's been waiting for. 'I don't want to scare her away. I should keep my secret away from her.' He tucked the covers around her and kissed her on the forehead. "Goodnight my princess." He turned and walked out of his room and went into the guest room.

-------------
Little do they know, both of them were keeping their secret away from each other. Meanwhile, Arron's brother was plotting a way to get back at his brother. Arron had helped his brother before, but also put him in jail. 'Heh, that pretty 'princess' will be mines soon.' His blue eyes glinted in the darkness. He turned and walked into the night.
-------------------------------------------------
End of Chapter 2. How was it? Who was that 'brother' of Arron's?
-------------------------------------------------