Chapter 3: The Break In

Dead End

Chapter 3: The Break In

-In the Kingdom-

"What do you mean she's gone? Where could she have went?" a suitor yelled.

"Yeah! Don't keep her hidden! She's 16 already, ready to be married off! You just don't want one of us to marry her, huh? Am I right? Of course I'm right! I'm always right!" Another suitor boasted as he argued with the King's adviser.

"Settle down now, young lords," the adviser soothed, "calm down. The King has a good explanation for this." His hopes of keeping the peace among these young, arrogant lords was lost.

"I surely hope the King has a good excuse! We have put money and heart into courting his princess...don't tell me she's ran off!" One suitor exclaimed. Murmurs started to form amongst the suitors.

"All bow to King James III! All Hail King James!" Everyone in the main hall bowed down as the King himself came out and sat on his throne.

"You may raise." The King commanded. The young suitors sat back in their seats...

-------------
Meanwhile in Arron's house, he had just tucked Athena into bed. He exited the room and went to his study. There, he took out the piece of paper his boss had given him. Looking over the notes, he took out his battered notebook and started to make some drawings.

'Hmm, if I pretend to be a suitor, what kingdom/piece of land would I be from? No, the King must know everyone...I could kill one of the suitors and take his place! Nah, it'll be too messy...Just kidnap him, toss him somewhere and take his place. Yes, that's a good idea.'

Writing down his ideas and plans, Arron's mind started to wonder to Athena. 'She certainly needs new clothes. Her dress is ruined. And I need to come up with a story planned out so she won't be suspicious. Hmm, I get one of the maids to take her shopping tomorrow while I get my outfit ready to court the princess. I'll have the maid keep her busy the whole day and everything. She'll be out of my way.'

Soon, Arron's eyes got tired. They started to droop. 'Better look these over tomorrow,' he thought as he put his things in a drawer. Closing the door firmly as he walked, he was so tired he had forgotten to lock the door to his precious study.
--------------

-Arron's Brother-

Standing in the backyard of Arron's house, his brother looked up to the room of his study. 'Perfect, he just left. I'll enter from there.' Slowly, climbing the vine that trails from the ground up to the study, he reached the window of the room. He peered in. 'Heh, he's not here. And here I was worrying that he might've thought I would be here and stayed, waiting to ambush me. Guess I have nothing to worry about now.'

Taking out his lock-picking kit, he hung on the vine, swinging precariously, while hurriedly picking the window lock. With a click, the window slid open. Hanging onto the vine with his legs, he pulled the screen off and let it drop quietly down into the shrubs below. 'How careless of my brother. It was so easy for me to get in,' he thought as he climbed in. Landing softly on his toes like a cat, he crept up to the door. 'He's gone. That's good. Now, let's get to work.' Pulling on surgical gloves, he walked over to Arron's beautiful mahogany desk. He ran his fingers over the shiny and smooth wood. Sighing, he shakes his head sorrowfully. 'What a waste this beautiful desk is doing here. He doesn't even appreciate his things. I should really just take everything and leave...'

"No, I have a job to do here. That's why I'm here. I must do my job," he mutters to himself. Starting at the desk drawers, he opens them up. "That stupid fool didn't even lock it up! Hah! This is getting easier."

That's what you think." A new voice came into the room. Jerking his head up, he saw Arron.

"Wha-When-Uh-Wh-How?" He shook his head in confusion, stuttering to get the words out.

Smirking at his brother's stupidness, Arron smiles.

"I knew you were going to come back. That's why I left it open."

"You! You are the ruin of me! I need the money...badly..." He drop to his knees, burying his face in his hands, crying softly. Arron's steel heart melted a bit. After all, this fool of a brother was still his brother. Arron walked closer to him. Kneeling in front of his brother, he called his name...
-------------
Dun dun dun dun....Muahahahahahahaha! I still haven't given Arron's brother's name! I'm so evil!!!

I'll update soon okay? Be nice to each other...and comment!!!


-------------------------------------------------