그대만 보여요 (I Only See You)

공사가 [ d a y d r e a m e r ] ☂ exo drabble collection

Title: 그대만 보여요 (I Only See You)
Pairing: Baekhyun/Chanyeol
Genre: fluff (?)
Rating: G
Summary: What he hasn't noticed so far, he'll notice soon enough. For now, all he needs to know is that Chanyeol won't stop catching his eyes.


i wrote this bc i was so ing done with reading Ernest Hemingway's
A Movable Feast and also because I haven't been able to write anything in forever
and I was so sad about that. I'll probably regret wasting my time
writing this instead of doing my school work tomorrow morning but
man, I'm so done with school. title is from 권진아's song of the same title btw.


 

             He’d never really noticed before.

 

             The way Chanyeol talks – the way he walks. How his bottom lip always juts out a millimeter or two so that he pouts on default, and how he always leans in when he’s talking to him because they’ve got a decent height difference between them.

 

             The little things are all he sees nowadays: the way Chanyeol brushes his chestnut curls out of his eyes, how he blinks just slightly as he does so. How he flicks his head a little ways to the right like a disheveled puppy, then purses his lips as if he is regaining his balance again. Sometimes, he thinks about even more minute details. Like the way Chanyeol’s face brightens up whenever he calls his name across the hallway and how his smile spreads over his face so wide that his cheeks glow. And it just escalates from there. Those thoughts spiral and spiral until he's even thinking about the way Chanyeol jogs up to him as he calls his name back – and when he thinks about that, he starts thinking about the other things too, like how his hair bounces right along with his footsteps and falls over his playful eyes as he walks closer toward him, how he's so stupidly endearing when he does that, how he's so stupidly... Chanyeol.

 

             But when he thinks about it, there are facts that Baekhyun has always known through embedded memory as well. Simple things, but Chanyeol things. Like the way his eyes shut tight when he laughs and how he has no control over his limbs whenever he finds something hilarious. When he’s embarrassed, he bites down on his lower lip and smiles. Things like that, old Chanyeol things that are familiar. Nothing has changed, just Baekhyun maybe.

 

             He lets himself change, though, lets himself see all of Chanyeol. When his friend closes his hands around his own, Baekhyun remembers another one: Chanyeol’s hands are always warm. Calloused, but friendly. They smile as the heat moves between them, and Baekhyun notices the shy expression.

 

             (He might be changing, and he might not have noticed everything yet, but when Chanyeol's ears dust over with the lightest shade of pink, Baekhyun knows he's started to notice a few things, too.)

 

 


 

 

leedle leedle lee this is literally the crappiest warm-up writing i have ever written but hey, at least i tried (3 _ 3)
not sure when i'll be back bc school is an arse but in the meantime follow my twitter to keep updated?
aaaaanndd also please check this out? hehe. thanks for reading if you did!