amoroso

공사가 [ d a y d r e a m e r ] ☂ exo drabble collection

Title: Amoroso
Pairing: Baekhyun/Kyungsoo
Genre: pianist!baek, romance, slight!fluff, baekhyun!centric
Rating: G
Summary: Kyungsoo is a lot of things in the pianist's life, but most of all, he is music - to his ears, to his heart.
Warning: lots of musical jargon. google may or may not be your best friend.


based on a plot mentioned by my friend jane on tumblr:
"Baekhyun as a pianist"

 


 

Adagio

In the beginning, he goes slow. Baekhyun sees life in musical notes, marks the morning with staccatos and songs of birds and laces evenings to end in ad libitum, quiet goodbyes to the light of day. His first kiss is prima volta, volante, tranquillo. Kyungsoo has always had that effect on him, makes him slow down into andante, fortepiano at times when he rushes in to hug him hello.

 

When he lies in bed, Baekhyun thinks of music. And he often thinks like this: if meeting Kyungsoo is a symphony, then loving him is the sweetest silence.

 

Presto

He’s happy. When he plays the piano, he sees the half-notes and perfectly matched chords melting under his fingers and seeping into the white keys to tell Kyungsoo that he is home. The lobby of Seoul University’s Hospital has become something like home to Baekhyun - a place where Kyungsoo is; that’s home.

 

Sometimes, Kyungsoo isn’t allowed to come downstairs. But that’s okay, because Baekhyun knows he is listening to all his Yiruma favorites through the open window, melody lilting into the bleached hospital room, past curtains, painting walls honey yellow. And others, when Kyungsoo is permitted the short trip, Baekhyun finds himself smiling in his sleep.

 

And his heart - all night, it’s allegro molto; fast, fast, fast.

 

Obbligato

"Kyungsoo, wanna be my leg today?"

 

It’s like a vitamin, what Kyungsoo does. He is always eager, always energetic, always smiling. Kyungsoo nods buoyantly as he crouches down on the floor, hand skirting over the cold pedals where Baekhyun’s foot would have been if it weren’t for that one almost-fatal accident.

 

”Press down whenever I say ‘go’, okay?”

 

They make music together like this, Kyungsoo completing a part of Baekhyun and Baekhyun, a part of Kyungsoo. Baekhyun laughs when Kyungsoo smiles up at him, and asks which song he should play next. Kyungsoo says whatever, because any song Baekhyun plays is chicken soup for his faulty body.

 

Baekhyun hates to think that Kyungsoo is essential to his life’s musical, that without this boy there will be no masterpiece, but he knows reality. Without the sotto voce there is no depth to his pieces, and just the same, Kyungsoo is a part of him he can’t be great without. He doesn’t know how much he means to the patient, but to him, Kyungsoo means the world.