New Acquaintances

Umma, There's a Bird in My Bedroom!

Yoseob's POV

"So when you have a singular subject, you must have a matching singular verb. For example, I should say, 'I am Yoseob,' instead of 'I are Yoseob.' Arasso?"

Silence.

I looked up from writing this down in her notebook only to find Min Hee...sleeping.

I laughed out loud at the blank expression on her face, but she didn't even stir.

Chuckling, I went to the closet by the door and found a jacket to cover her with. Min Hee was actually quite beautiful like this...that strand of hair falling on her cheek...Aish! Yang Yoseob, what are you thinking?

Quickly gathering my things, I put on my shoes and dashed out of sight.

 

Min Hee's POV

 

"Minnie? Time to eat dinner!"

"Eh?" I opened my eyes and looked around, confused. It was already dark outside. Ah, I must have fallen asleep. Oh! This jacket...Yoseob--? No, it must have been Umma.

"Min Hee-yah, I heard you got a tutor today," my appa said. Oh no, I hope that Yang Yoseob didn't say anything about me to them...

"Mhmm. The school called me today. I'm so proud of you for taking responsiblity for your studies!" my umma smiled. Phew, all was safe. For now at least.

"How's the tutor? What did you study today? Is the tutoring effective?" Appa always peppered me with questions.

"Ye, it's all good." I faked a smile.

 

Yoseob's POV

 

"Hyung? What's up?"

"Meet me at the side entrance after school."

"Sorry hyung, I can't go out with you today. I have basketball practice.." his voice trailed off.

"Oh, you'll be in time for practice. I just want to introduce someone to you." I smiled mischievously. "You won't regret it, I promise."

 

--later--

 

"Hyung, I really have to go, or I'll be late. Otherwise Onew hyung will make me treat him to chicken--and you know how much he eats!"

"Just a little bit more, please? She'll be here soon..." The words were barely out of my mouth when I spotted Min Hee talking with another girl.

"Oi! Jung Min Hee! Over here!"

"I can hear just fine without all the shouting," she said angrily. "Oh! Annyeonghaseyo," she greeted with a smile as she noticed my dongsaeng. Why was she nice to everyone but me??

"Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Minho," he introduced, while giving his trademark smile. Darn it, why did Minho have to do it so suavely?!

Min Hee giggled. "Minho?"

"Choi Minho. And you are...?" I looked at him weirdly. Clearly he must have heard me shouting her name earlier...

"Jung Min Hee, nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too. You must be Yoseob's girlfriend, right?" Minho asked. I mentally facepalmed. Omo, he can be really dense sometimes. These two are perfect for each other!

 

Girls are really hard to understand. I was only trying to help her, yet she shouted at me during the whole way to her house.

"Yah! Do you take me as a joke?"

"No let me explain--"

"Then stop telling everyone that I'm your girlfriend!" Is it that bad if I'm your boyfriend? Wait, what am I thinking!

"It's not my fault everyone goes around spreading rumors..." And Minho. He was too quick to make assumptions.

"It is your fault! You were the one who yelled that you were my boyfriend loud enough for half the school to hear!" Oh yeah...that day.

I tried to change the subject. "Can I be your appa then?"

"No need."

"Your brother?"

"I don't want a brother."

"Umma?"

The look on Min Hee's face could kill.

 

Min Hee's POV

 

I put the key in to unlock the door, but it was already unlocked.

"That's weird..." I step in and notice a noise coming from the living room.

"Umma? You're home already?"

"Minnie! How was school today?" she asked while staring at TV screen.

"Boring..."

"That's great darling! Why don't you go and eat something then take a nap in your room?" I shook my head amusedly. Umma has slipped into one of her drama trances again. She could sit there for hours, watching without a care in the world.

"Umma...can you please watch upstairs because my tutor and I need to study here." Umma murmured something about the living room TV's screen being bigger.

"Hello, ahjumma." Yoseob bowed politely.

Umma turned around. "Oh? Yoseobie!" She pulled him into a hug. "You're Minnie's tutor? Then I'm relieved. Take care of her well. She can be quite stubborn sometimes."

"Umma!"

"Since you already know your way around, there's no need to give you a tour, right Yoseob? I'm a bit busy downstairs, so why don't you kids go study in Min Hee's room?" Without giving me a chance to respond, my umma started herding us like sheep up the stairs.

"Have fun and be good, my dears!" she waved before she closed my bedroom door.

I groaned. "Why am I stuck with you?"

"Oho! Have you considered that I'm the one stuck with you?"

"Hmph!" I turned my back to him.

During the silence, I could faintly hear "Noooo! I missed the kiss scene!" from downstairs.

 

_________________________________

Wrote another chappie today.

is it funny? :P