Why Does it Have to be Him?!

Umma, There's a Bird in My Bedroom!

"M-Mr. Park?" My eyes widened. No way...what did I do in my past life to deserve this? The school principal was standing in front of my desk. And from his expression, it looks like he just witnessed one of my daydream outbursts.

And apparently my classmates did too, because there were snickers from the back of the room.

"Min Hee!" Ji Eun's frantic whisper brought me back to my senses.

I immediately stood up and started bowing. "Sorrysorrysorrysorry--"

Mr. Park cut me off. "Jung Min Hee, you are to come to the office after school. Hear me? Now be good during the rest of class." And with that, he walked away.

I stood there, stunned, until Ji Eun pulled me back down to my seat.

My face was as red as those artificial cherry lollipops.

So this is my life. Everyday, I would sit in class and embarrass myself in front of Mr. Lee. I didn't feel any shame in front of my classmates anymore, though. They all knew about my crush on our teacher now.

Mr. Lee cleared his throat and the class quieted down. He continued as if nothing had happened. "In English, the parts of speech are usually in the subject-verb-object order in a sentence." He picked up a piece of chalk and started to write out an example, which the class immediately copied down.

"Here is a simple statement: 'I did my homework.'" He looked at me meaningfully.

Omo! The love of my life just looked at me! A smile broke out on my face. This sure was worth not doing the homework! Next to me, Ji Eun just sighed.

 

__________________________________________

 

"Hello, Mr. Park," I greeted with a bow.

"Min Hee, sit down." He gestured to the chair in front of his desk. Oh boy, are you ready for this Min Hee?

"I had a conversation with Mr. Lee during lunch today. He said--"

"You did?!" I almost jumped to my feet until I saw the expression on Mr. Park's face.

I sank back down again and shrank a little in my chair.

"As I was saying, he happened to inform me that you have been a bit behind in his class. In fact, a number of your other teachers said the same thing." I gulped but kept eye contact.

"Since this is your senior year, Min Hee, I am sure you would like to graduate with all of your friends. Unless you start taking action now, I am afraid you'll have to repeat twelfth grade."

What? Repeat...twelfth grade? Without Ji Eun?

Mr. Park chuckled. Chuckled?! Was he some evil dude that enjoyed seeing little kids suffer?

"Don't worry, you still have a chance. I've already found a tutor for you, who'll help you with all of your classes. The tutor will stay with you until you get passing grades in all subjects."

Phew, the principal isn't as bad as I thought. I didn't even get detention. "Thank you so much, Mr. Park!" 

"You're welcome, but you should thank your tutor. Why don't we go meet him?"

Oh, the tutor is a boy? I wonder if he's cute...wait, Min Hee, what are you thinking? You can't cheat on Minho. "I won't cheat on Minho. I won't cheat on Minho," I chanted under my breath.

"Did you say something, Miss Jung?"

"Eh? Uh, no I didn't," I smiled sheepishly and hung my head down.

"Here we are." I looked up to see the back of a boy, sitting in the lobby and reading a book. Looks like I didn't have to worry about keeping my faith with Minho, cause I definitely did not like nerds. Not that I hated them though.

"Miss Jung, this is your new tutor." The boy closed his book and turned around.

"Ne?!!" We both shouted at the same time. That is, me and that jerk named Yang Yoseob.

"Is anything wrong?" The principal looked confused.

"Er- I just remembered I have to be home in 15 minutes to prepare for my umma's birthday surprise." Wow, that was such a lame excuse. Way to go, Min Hee.

But Mr. Park took it. "Well, in that case, why don't you two just take a few minutes to know each other for today. Have fun!" And he walked away. Just like that. Which left me to deal with this guy.

"YAH!! What are you laughing at?!" People in conversation stopped talking and looked at us.

"Your umma's birthday isn't even today..." He voice shook with laughter. Hmph. Thanks to someone I couldn't come up with a proper excuse.

"Are you a stalker or something? Why do you even know my umma's birthday?!" I took care to shout this extra loud. With that, all heads turned in our direction.

Ha. Got him. Look at that delicious frightened look on his face.

Then that face erupted with this sentence:

"Why shouldn't I, when I'm your boyfriend?" He smirked and ran in the opposite direction.

 

__________________________________________

Ah, the dreaded intro is done!! I hope it wasn't too boring or confusing for you guys. :)

Oh, and please excuse Min Hee's obsessive fangirling over Lee Minho. It's just that such things have been happening on the internet lately due to the airing of City Hunter. (hehehe....) So it sorta became this way. But Min Hee is definitely not a crazy fangirl! ^_^

Feel free to make suggestions and comments :)

tiramisumochi~