Hidden Affection (Gyujong)

Whisper Sweet Nothings [Hiatus]

 

 

Sunggyu had always been the intimidating leader who only stood for perfect and any lack of it, he would fix it straight away. Stern and up-tight was what he was. Smothering and showing affection? Those words didn't dare come into his long list of vocabulary nor did it exist in the Sunggyu dictionary. These were the reason why many of the INFINITE members loved and hated about their leader. He was a trust worthy and hardworking but a real pain in the bum. Sunggyu stared into the mirror in front of them in the practicing room, examining each member with eyes of an Eagle.

 

 

 

"Yah! Woohyun! What were you thinking?! You just stepped over the line! Go back and do it again!" Sunggyu should across the room, his finger pointing at the member who made a mistake and today. It seemed to be Woohyun.

 

 

 

"Yes." Woohyun answered in a lazy tone, slowly moving back to his place. ‘Snail’s pace.’ The leader said to himself, rolling his eyes.  Sunggyu wanted to hit him for being so slow but of course he couldn't. He would just make sure to torture Woohyun some more when he made another mistake which was bound to happen. 

 

 

 

"Hyung, don't you think you're being too hard on Woohyun hyung?" Myungsoo intervened. He knew how it felt to be on the front lines, being the one to usually be observed and shouted at with every little mistake. He blamed it on his lack of sleep but the leader didn't listen. Sunggyu shook his head and folded his arms.

 

 

 

“We are known for our synchronisation in dance. If we let one member out of place, it could tarnish our reputation.”

 

 

 

“I still think you’re too harsh, right Sungjong?” Myungsoo looked over at the maknae which was located at the back on the farthest right. He stood there and nodded, agreeing with the visual.

 

 

 

“I think we should get some rest. We’ve been dancing for 4 hours straight; it's a wonder how Woohyun hyung can’t seem to get in line. We should think about our health and yours too Sunggyu hyung, since yours is the worst.”  Sunggyu thought about it for a while.

 

 

 

“Fine, my health is pretty important. 10 minutes rest everyone!” Sungyeol was the first to run over to the side of their practice room and drop right to the ground, resting his back on the wall. A big sigh left his lips as the rest joined them on the floor, all except Sunggyu and Sungjong who continued to stand in front of them. 

 

 

 

“I’ll go get you some drinks!” he energetic maknae quickly ran out of the room and to the closest vending machine. The room quickly became quiet as he left. 

 

 

 

“Are you really going to let him carry all the drinks alone?” Sunggyu looked at the rest in surprise as none of the even lifted a finger.

 

 

 

“I’m sure Sungjong can carry a few drinks by himself hyung.” Hoya answered for the rest. They nodded in unison. Sunggyu sighed and turned around.

 

 

 

“You brats.” He ran towards the door where the maknae ran towards. He looked around, they were currently on the second floor and the vending machines were either on the ground or third floor. Good thing that Woohyun’s favourite drink was sold on the ground floor. He walked towards the glass balcony and saw that Sungjong was in front of a vending machine with 3 drinks in his hand, his free one slotting in another coin and pushing the button for a grape flavoured Fanta. Sunggyu’s favourite drink, he couldn’t help but smile at how thoughtful their maknae was.

“SUNGJONG! WAIT THERE, I’M COMING TO HELP!” Sungjong turned around at his name and saw his leader standing a bit too close to the edge for his liking. He nodded and sent a smile to Sunggyu before taking the can of grape Fanta out of the vending machine. 

Sunggyu went to the closest elevator but it seemed to be out of order. He sighed and opted for the stairs. He didn’t like moving too much but if it was for Sungjong, he didn’t mind so much. He pushed the double doors to the spiral staircase and ran down it. Thinking about how he couldn’t wait to see Sungjong’s face after he boasts about how the other members didn’t want to help him so he volunteered to go. Of course the maknae might not believe him at first but in some ways, he was telling the truth. He indeed did volunteer to go, unlike the lazy arses that were still sitting on the floor in their practice room.

Suddenly he heard a loud scream. Quickly, he ran faster down the stairs, as fast as he could get himself. He was in too much of a hurry and jumped down the last 4 steps, pushing the double doors open. He saw a little girl held from behind, a man pointing a gun at her head. A further down, he could see Sungjong. The cans of drinks were nowhere to be seen but Sungjong was there, his hands up and walking slowly towards the man and the little girl.

 

 

 

“You don’t know what you’re doing Ahjusshi. Put the little girl down.” Sungjong said. He man was inching backwards with every step Sungjong took that was closer to him. The man frantically shook his head, moving his hand with the gun to point it at Sungjong.

 

 

 

“LET ME GO!” The little girl screamed.

 

 

 

“Shut the up or I’ll send a bullet to your brain! Don’t get any closer boy!” Sunggyu acted quickly, looking around to see if there was any security nearby. All of them had been already at the scene which was a good thing. He could see from the corner of his eyes that the rest of the members had heard the scream and now was looking down from the second floor where he was just a second ago.

Myungsoo was the first one to stop Sunggyu; they gave some eye contact before giving a nod to each other. Sunggyu predicted that it would take them 5 minutes to run down the stairs. Myungsoo ran towards the double doors with the others following closely behind.

 

 

 

“Ahjusshi, don’t! Put the gun down! We’ll talk about it!” Sunggyu hoped that Sungjong wouldn’t do anything stupid that would hurt himself. Rather, he would by them enough time for the other members to get there.

 

 

 

“You don’t know anything! This company is a mess! It’s their fault my daughter has gone crazy! You and your stupid training schemes, promises of becoming a famous idol! It’s all lies! Everything is a bunch of lies! They’re using you!” Just when Sungjong was about to get angry and run over to the man, the ground floor double doors opened. Hoya and Myungsoo ran towards the man, Hoya tackling the man down whilst Myungsoo went for the little girl, quickly lifting her up and moving her to a safe place.

Sunggyu thought quickly as the man and Hoya began to fight each other with the man pointing the gun at random people, threatening to shoot. The screams of the bystanders grew as they ran around the place.

 

 

 

“SUNGJONG!” Sunggyu shouted, looking for Sungjong through the crowd. It wasn’t until a few minutes when he spotted the mankae. A bullet was fired, a bang was heard.

Hoya pushed the man’s wrist and pointed it upwards, shooting the ceiling; he used up the rest of the bullets on the exact same spot. Sunggyu’s eyes widened and pushing ran towards Sungjong, pushing him onto the ground as Sunggyu climbed on top of him. The bullets had hit the glass ceiling above and caused it to tumble on itself. The shards felt on top of the people who were still in the central of the ground floor. Hoya fell to the ground, throwing the empty gun to the side and covered himself with his hands as the rest of the members ran, thinking everyone was already out the there.

The glass has fallen, causing cloud of dust to emit around the area. Myungsoo who had covered the little girl looked back, his eyes scanning for the rest of s. Woohyun, Dongwoo and Sungyeol were safe on the other side but he couldn’t see Hoya, Sunggyu or Sungjong. He heart skipped a beat.

“HYUNG?! SUNGJONG?!” He shouted. The little girl tugged on his sleeve and pointed at an area covered in glass. Myungsoo looked over and say the top was moving. He ran towards it, Sungyeol, Dongwoo and Woohyun quickly following. He knelt down on the glass and began to dig. He continued to dig with the other 2 could soon see an arm.

 

 

 

“Hoya hyung!” Sungyeol shouted. They began to dig father and eventually pulled Hoya out of the glass pieces. He was covered in little cuts but was still breathing.

 

 

 

“Thank god!” Woohyun sighed, hand over his heart.

 

 

 

“Where is Sunggyu hyung and Sungjong?!” Myungsoo asked. Looking around for any glass tops that was moving.

 

 

 

“WOOHYUN! MYUNGSOO! DONGWOO! SUNGYEOL!” They heard a voice call them. They recongised it, it was no other than their leader.

 

 

 

“Leader?” Sungyeol looked around and could hear the sound of banging.

“Over there!” He pointed as an area little over 3 meters away from them. Myungsoo quickly put Hoya down softly on the ground and ran towards the space. He looked around and found it was a large sheet of glass on top of Sunggyu and Sungjong. There was a large crack in the middle making everything blurry and harder to see them who were trapped underneath.

 

 

 

“Help me lift this.” Myungsoo said. The other quickly brought themselves to the corners of the glass. With a countdown to three, they all lifted at the same time.

 

 

 

“Hy..ung! Come out…! Quickly!” Came a strained voice from Dongwoo as he struggled to lift the heavy piece of glass. Sunggyu managed to squeeze out of the crack which was left by the member’s. He carried an unconscious Sungjong out from underneath the glass with him.

 

 

 

“What happened?” Myungsoo asked as they dropped the glass sheet down and quickly helped the leader lift the maknae up in his arms. He brushed his bangs out of the way to see a few scratches on his neck and arms but nothing more.

 

 

 

“He flipped me over, that’s what happened!” Sunggyu was pissed. He wanted to be the one to protect Sungjong but he never thought that he would get flipped over by the younger and get protected instead.  

“!” He swore, hitting the glass pieces below him.

 

 

 

“Hyung…” Sungjong’s voice came alive, slowly moving in Myungsoo’s arms. Sunggyu’s eyes widened as he heard Sungjong’s voice, quickly hopping over to the maknae, cupping his face while looking at him, eyes full of unfallen tears.

 

 

 

“Sungjong!” He cried. The maknae smiled and sat up.

 

 

 

“Are you ok hyung?” Sunggyu nodded his head rapidly, looking like a child.

 

 

 

“Never better thanks to you.” He pulled the maknae into a tight hug, smoothing his hair he could feel Sungjong’s heart beating against his. It was like the time in ‘High Society’ where he was forced to jump into a box of ice cold water. He had missed these little encounters when the maknae would solely rely on the leader. He had missed it very much.

“Just don’t ever do that again.” He told him. Sungjong part and gave him a smile.

 

 

 

“My health is better than yours, I’m sure something like this will have less of an effect on me than on you.” Sunggyu had the urge to smack the younger ion the head for such a stupid reasoning when it came to these kinds of events. It was a life or death situation and if it meant either him or Sungjong, he would pick the latter. Sunggyu suddenly remembered something, straightening his back he took a loud cough before speaking.

 

 

 

“Where did that bastard go?” Sunggyu made sure to cover Sungjong’s ears before cursing. He knew Sungjong was now an adult but he was still pure and innocent. Sunggyu wanted to keep it that way and made sure to swear and little as possible around him.

 

 

 

“He was with me when the ceiling collapsed.” Hoya told them, just about managing to stand up. The glass where Hoya was before tumble and turned as the man emerged from the bottom. Furious, Sunggyu pushed Sungjong to Myungsoo to look after and stood up, slowly making his way to the man. He took a deep breath and stood in front of him. The man looked at him confused before a blow to the face hit him by surprise. Sunggyu had just punched him. The man fell onto the floor from impact; it took everything in Sunggyu to stop him from kicking the man in the stomach to pay back what he had done to s, Sungjong especially.

 

 

 

“Don’t you ever go near this building again, you hear me? You hurt any of my members; the last thing you will see is me. What happened to your daughter, she brought herself into it. She was the one that made all that happen. The company may have promised to make her into a famous idol but it was only in the condition if she worked hard. All of us endured that training, what you have done today was nothing compared to what we had been through. If your daughter still wants to be an idol, tell her to leave her laziness at home and start acting like an idol otherwise her dream will be nothing more than a dream.” The man chocked on his saliva, staring at the INFINITE leader standing before him.

“No leave before security throws you out and sends you to a one way ticket to jail.” He quickly stood up and ran towards the door, covered with glass he managed to use all his strength to open it. Sunggyu’s eyes never left the man, remembering his face to make sure not to have any future encounters with him. If he was to be seen anywhere near the building or ’s he would spare no mercy and call the police.

 

 

 

“Hyung! We have to go now! They’re evacuating everyone!” Woohyun shouted, calling Sunggyu over. He nodded and ran towards his fellow members, holding onto Sungjong who seemed to have twisted his ankle during the collapse of the ceiling.

 

 

 

“No matter what Sungjong, I will protect you so you don’t have to worry anymore. Besides, it’s my job as the leader.” He muttered as he wrapped Sungjong’s arm around his shoulder and kept him up by holding onto his waist. He could feel his heart tighten at each contact he had with Sungjong, it had always been like that.

 

 

 

“Did you say something hyung?”

 

 

 

“I said be careful next time.” Sungjong nodded and smiled at their leader as they made their way to the closest exit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘I might be harsh, I might be strict but nothing moves my heart more than with each smile you give me. I’m not a romantic guy; I’m not a smooth guy. All I can give you are these little gestures of hidden affection.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is now half term! I might be busy all week but I will still do my best to update! I'm so sorry for being so long with my chapters but hey!~ Blame school xDD

I'm still getting use to writing INFINITE fics... I'm not getting better -sigh- Ah! I wrote a Myungjong one shot not too long ago, I don't know if you want to read it but meh! I'll link it for you XD

 

 

Comments and Subscribes will be treasured and loved <3

 

 

Alicevalliere~

 

 

Yellow By Name, Yellow By Nature

My one shot~

Thank you so much for the votes on both ficcies and have a good day!! :3 Saranghae!!