Endings and Beginnings

Seek and Find
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SEVEN: Endings and Beginnings

Chanyeol crouched in a ball along the side of the house, his face bloodied and the fingers of his left hand twisted into strange directions; tears flowed unchecked down his cheeks, and though no ropes bound him and no creatures guarded him, he didn’t move from his spot. Myungsoo’s heart jumped into his throat and despite the many (many) times that Chanyeol had irritated him or driven him crazy, the tall psychotic boy was his friend. He couldn’t just leave him.

With a deep breath to steady his nerves, Myungsoo slipped around the corner, moving slowly in the semi-darkness of the night. He paused every few seconds, but the ink warriors seemed to be too absorbed in the fight going on in the house to care at all about the broken human on the ground. When he finally reached Chanyeol, Myungsoo reached out and touched his knee and watched the other human’s eyes slowly lift to his own face. 

Though his features were swollen almost beyond recognition, Myungsoo saw joy spark in Chanyeol’s eyes before he flinched and looked toward the monsters behind him. Myungsoo gently grasped the other boy’s face and turned it back to his own before shaking his head and placing one finger to his lips. He tipped his head and jerked it in the direction of the porch, and after a moment Chanyeol gave a barely perceptible nod and lurched to his feet.

Myungsoo cringed at the clumsy movement but the creatures yet again paid them no attention, so he slowly crept back toward the porch with the taller boy in tow. They finally made it around the corner, and Chanyeol grabbed him into a hug with a choked sob. 

“You came for me!” he sobbed, and Myungsoo stiffened a bit as his thoughts immediately jumped to Sungjong and how he would react if he saw this. Quickly returning and awkward hug, he pulled his friend’s arms off of his neck and turned him toward the porch.

“It’s what friends are for. Now, I’m going to hoist you up, okay?” he whispered, and though he gave a slight pause, Chanyeol finally nodded and placed his hands on the side of the tall structure of the porch. Myungsoo grabbed his lifted knee and with a grunt of exertion, lifted the other boy up so he could grasp the top and pull himself over. As Chanyeol slipped over it, Myungsoo realized the error in his plan:

How was he supposed to get back onto the porch?

 

Sungjong had seen Myungsoo throw the book, and though he’d initially been worried for him he had remembered that Ryosuke was out there and would protect him… hopefully. 

Surrounded in the hallway gave him little space to move, though, and so he could really only use his light to keep them back. So many enemies from each side , and he knew this was a dangerous situation; one Seeker could handle probably ten enemies easily but not in such a cornered position. If only Hoya could get loose of the ink pinning him to the bedroom floor!

Gritting his teeth, Sungjong took a chance and turned his back on the enemies nearest the bedroom, blasting out light at full strength and roasting the two enemies closest to him on the living room side. As they burst into flames from the intense heat, he spun quickly to see the ones from his back charging him. Using his telekinesis as a shield, he shoved it at them and felt the satisfaction of seeing them fall back, stumbling over each other as his power pushed them back towards the bathroom and bedroom. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter