Questions and Answers

Seek and Find
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FOUR: Questions and Answers

Sungjong’s eyes flickered open and he sat up suddenly, the thought that L was gone ringing in his mind like an alarm. His panic subsided when he saw the angelic man sleeping in the chair across from the bed, though he wasn’t sure if he should be offended or complimented by the fact that the other didn’t want to stay in the same bed as he.

Standing, he made his way carefully over to peer at L’s perfect face, but the other boy’s eyes snapped open suddenly and he sat up in alarm. “What?” he said, voice thick with sleep but his eyes alert, and the Seeker suddenly had to muffle a giggle against the back of his hand. Oh how he had missed that voice.

“All’s well,” he said softly, then moved to the adjacent bathroom. “I’m going to shower real fast… wanna join me?”

He laughed as L’s face flitted through shock and surprise to finally settle on embarrassment, and as the pink flush crawled down his neck Sungjong laughed and entered the bathroom, propping the door most of the way closed behind him.

He showered quickly (and alone, sadly) and dressed before re-entering the room to find L sleeping again. He pushed aside the mischievous thoughts and merely shook his shoulder to wake him. He offered a quick and red faced good morning before he stepped into the bathroom to shower, and when he locked the door behind him Sungjong couldn’t help himself and let out a laugh.

 

Myungsoo finished his shower, his heartbeat quickening every time he thought of the strange boys offer, and re-entered the main room of the cheap hotel. Sungjong stood over the bed, laying things from his small suitcase out onto the sheets, and after a moment the tall boy couldn't stop his curiosity. Stepping closer, he eyed the objects strewn over the bed; a couple of deadly looking knives, a medical kit that he recognized from the night before, and an ancient looking leather bound book. 

The pretty boy ignored him as he picked up the book, leafing through the pages to find that he couldn't understand a single word inside of it. It was written in scribbled handwriting, using symbols and a language he guessed would be Latin, and after a moment of staring at one of the strange occult drawings he looked over to Sungjong's face.

"I need answers," he said calmly, and the other boy lifted his head to smile at him.

"I need questions to be able to give you answers."

Myungsoo rolled him eyes; that wasn't exactly true, the boy could have just started spilling everything, but instead of commenting on that, he took a seat on the edge of the bed, book still in his hands.

Where to start though? He thought for a moment, seeing Sungjong going back to organizing his pack from the corner of his eye, and then with a heavy sigh he asked, "What happened to Chanyeol?"

The other paused, a frown coming over his delicate features before he shook his head. "I'm afraid I don't know what or who you're talking about, L."

"Okay, my name is Myungsoo, not 'Elle'," he said in exasperation, and a hint of a smile crossed Sungjong's face and he dipped his head in acquiescence. “And I am talking about my friend, he went missing the first night that I saw one of those… creatures.”

Sungjong nodded slowly, his lips pursing as he thought about Myungsoo’s question, then he took a seat on the bed to face the other boy. “He’s either dead or being held as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter