Life and Death

Seek and Find
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SIX: Life and Death

After the events of that afternoon, Myungsoo wasn't sure that they would be up for anything else that day, but he was wrong. As the sun set Hoya had knocked on their hotel room door, and even though Sungjong had looked a total y mess when he peered out, the older Seeker demanded a meeting in ten minutes at his and Ryosuke's room. Sungjong had closed the door only to turn and eye Myungsoo opening, before declaring that ten minutes was enough for a quickie.

When they showed up at the other room looking like they'd been having all day (which they actually had), Ryosuke had only laughed and ushered them inside. Sungjong took a very ginger seat on the edge of the bed and the Japanese man snickered at him, but Hoya was pacing up and down the length of the room with his arms crossed and brows drawn and missed the whole interaction.  Which Myungsoo actually found himself grateful for; he knew that Sungjong and Hoya had some kind of close relationship and he wasn't exactly ready to be killed over what they had done.

All day.

He fought down the blush that threatened to rise on his face when he heard Ryosuke and Sungjong whispering quietly; their sideways looks told him loud and clear that they were talking about him. Then Hoya turned to face him and must have seen the blush, because his eyes narrowed and he stopped pacing long enough to glance between the other two Seekers and the human, a disapproving frown starting on his face. Myungsoo slapped his best poker face on and only hoped it would work against the other man.

It didn't. Hoya's eyes only narrowed more, and he took a step toward Myungsoo as if he was going to shake him and question him. Ryosuke bounded up from where he’d been perched on the bed beside Sungjong, though, and stepped between them with a smile.

"Don't we need to discuss something?" he asked pointedly, and then dropped his voice so that only Hoya could hear it. Myungsoo would have killed to know what he said, because the stocky man's face flushed a bright red and he coughed into his hand as if to cover an awkward laugh.

"Uh, yeah," Hoya choked out, turning his back on them all to move to the window and look out. It looked a lot like a 'cool guy' move, but the mortal suspected that it was more of a 'cover my embarrassment' move and he had to fight down a smile.

"Sungjong said a friend of yours is missing?" Ryosuke spoke from the bed again, his voice accented with the sounds of Japan, and Myungsoo's smile slid off of his face as the guilt crashed back onto his shoulders. He had been spending the day having... fun... while who knew if Chanyeol was being tortured or even dead.

"Yeah, his name is Chanyeol. He's been missing for three weeks now."

The three Seekers shared a glance, then Hoya cleared his throat. "That's a long time to have any chance of still being alive," he warned, but Myungsoo shook his head in determination.

"No, he's got to still be alive. This... he's my friend, probably my only friend, and it's my fault that he was taken. If there is anything we can do to help him, we have to." He glanced at the three of them and amended his little speech, "I have to."

"No, you're right, we do," Sungjong said quietly, picking at a loose string on the knee of his jeans, and for a moment Myungsoo was certain he'd heard something akin to jealousy in the pretty man's voice. Stepping closer to the bed, he glanced at Hoya before reaching down to touch Sungjong's shoulder. 

As the pretty man looked up into his face, Myungsoo gave him a soft smile that he hoped conveyed all that he felt at that moment, and said, "He's my friend, Sungjong. I appreciate the help."

Hoya cleared his throat from the window, and when they all looked at him he nodded sharply. "I think I know where to start."

 

As the night crawled onward, Myungsoo found himself crouched in the bushes outside his own house, waiting anxiously beside a perfectly relaxed Ryosuke while Hoya and Sungjong searched his house for any sign of the ink creatures. 

Despite the Japanese man's ease, the mortal felt nothing of the sort; his hands twisted in nervousness and he chewed on his lip while he intently watched the front door. Of course, he knew that both of the Seekers inside had power and were apparently more than capable of defending themselves, but he couldn't help but to worry. Those ink things were fast, and if there were a bunch of them inside waiting to ambush them, those two didn't stand much of a chance.

Ryosuke's hand came down to rest lightly on Myungsoo's shoulder, and the tall man looked up into the Seeker's gentle face. "It'll be okay, those two are deadly," he said in a way that was surely meant to be comforting, but of course it wasn't. 

And so the time passed as the two searched inside and Myungsoo waited by the bushes with his babysitter.

 

Hoya laughed lightly and held up a framed photo of L at some party, alcohol held in one hand a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter