case 14 - 3

Nirvana

Every reaper now comes with fire-integrated abilities! Make sure to order ours before Jaejoong runs out of energy!

Like they hadn’t been dangerous enough before. The only thing that can definitely make reapers regret the day they battled you became their new method of screwing things up. At least the shield should be strong enough, despite the continuous flow of attacks, right?

“Get her out of here!” Jung Min shoved me over G-Dragon.

“What the are you talking about?!” I grabbed his hand, only for Jung Min to slap it away and pull at my collar and shove me again over the reaper.

“You’re the Dragon, he’s a Chaos Master. Do you know what Chaos Masters do? They control Chaos born creatures.” The white shield slowly became smaller and left Jung Min out in the dark. When I tried to touch him again, the shield stopped me. I punched and kicked at it a couple of times before realizing it was impenetrable. Jung Min’s eyes flashed red. “Just go…”

G-Dragon was dragging me away from the beach while reapers were struggling to keep up with Jung Min. He easily flew between them, stole their blades and plunged them straight through their chests with enough force to make them burst in flames and cover the ocean with ash. When any reaper decided it was best to follow us instead of dealing with Jung Min, he chased them down. While we were approaching the towers, I could see his silhouette cover the pale moon.

G-Dragon lowered the shield and held me tight. Reapers surrounded Jung Min.

Jaejoong was in front of him, in front of the same pale moon with a sword in hand.

They were both dark figures plastered over the moon.

Before I could see what happened, the grizzled haired man forced my face to hit his chest as he hugged me tight and released his ten wings.

“Jung Min,” I had to see it this time. I wasn’t about to go through another whodunit moment.

“We have to go,” he stressed and wouldn’t let me move.

I’ve had enough.

“MOVE!” I couldn’t recognize from whom that command came. It was distorted and heavy, as if a separate entity layered its voice over mine. The reaper somehow ended up into one of the towers, which caused a small earthquake after it collapsed beside me.

To my horror, I understood from what he wanted to protect me. Jaejoong tore Jung Min’s wings apart and then put the sword straight through where his heart should be.

He didn’t turn into ash like the other reapers. Instead, howls of pain angered me some more. That motherer, what had Junsu fed him? Jung Min was officially immune to the famed reaper blades from the way he never died because of it. Actually, the whole battle at the hotel seemed rather reasonable and cleared my endless confusion: Jung Min hadn’t died back then when the rebel put that blade through his heart, yet many others, including Seungri, perished from the first minor wound.

Jaejoong then threw Jung Min’s body into the raging ocean.

How… could he? How… how could someone be so cruel? And for what? To dominate the world? To destroy it? Destroy everything? What’s the point of that?!

Before I could act, reapers gathered around me with Jaejoong welcoming my sight. He looked exactly like when Jung Min called him to save Yuri, looked exactly like in the photo we had taken at our new home, looked exactly like when he killed Junsu and proclaimed his supremacy over the reapers.

“Ji Yong,” he spoke surprised “you are the new puppet?”

G-Dragon came back with a stern face and a few healing scratches.

“Speaks the slave to his own crazy ideal.”

I remembered what we had been told, how the only people that could feel me were humans. Suspecting Jaejoong might not know a thing about us, my feet carried me closer to G-Dragon. Jung Min couldn’t become fish food, yet, I couldn’t let him rot in there.

“You are now helping petty humans?” he questioned as the reapers came closer. I don’t know what G-Dragon was capable of but flying the Hell out of there was the option I sent him via mind link. Unfortunately, Jaejoong was faster when he grabbed my neck and lifted me above the ground with a sick pleasure in his eyes. “You cannot even take care of this one, how are you going to rule the Other World?”

I would agree if I wasn’t so busy choking, because, you know, a weirdo decided to show his strength by strangling me instead of plain stabbing that sword of his through my stomach. What the heck was G-Dragon doing? Aside from fighting the seemingly infinite number of reapers attacking him from every direction, he had nothing better to do.

Wiggling my legs and hoping to catch the sand with my toes wasn’t helping much either.

Alright, screw Plan A.

My usual white energy turned purple and Jaejoong rocketed kilometers away in air.

Even if I couldn’t see his face, the way all the reapers stopped and gazed at me in horror was enough.

“Boo!”

They lost it.

All the reapers from before suddenly flew away and left Jaejoong to land by his own.

“Where are you going?!” he watched as his army dispersed, each reaper flapping its wings harder than the other. “COME BACK! I COMMAND YOU!”

Looks like he used too much energy, for none listened to the Chaos Master. His aura became darker which in contrary with popular belief, was not a good sign. The brighter, the better. You could say, the greatest energy wielder of them all was the sun – be like the sun and you are sure to become the strongest. Consume all your energy and you're going to become the moon or nothingness.

I guess that is why they chose Yuri to create a human vessel for the Dragon, for only the greatest Priestess belonging to the world of humans could carry that burden. Only she could survive it and teach me how to live... how to be human.

Thinking about it, I never felt... whole, never felt like I belonged somewhere, but I brushed it off because I was a Red Priestess and that was already pretty twisted.

“It’s just you and me,” again, the voice coming out of my mouth sounded off.

Jaejoong laughed in my face. He laughed and laughed and pointed fingers.

“I can control you! Like before, I can and I will!”

Flashes of a hurt boy sending his beloved Dragon to cleanse the world that had been mean towards him… flashes of a Jaejoong sincerely smiling and hoping of a better tomorrow for the humans he once loved… flashes of the Chaos Master that decided to annihilate the world that wouldn’t adopt him, the world that turned its back and used him… flashes of being hunted down and chained in a never-ending nightmare, condemned to run from his fears for centuries to come, only to find out later it had been all an illusion meant to keep him away from fulfilling his true role as Death and Life at the same time… flashes of a hurt boy crying at his Dragon’s chest.

Were those memories? Were they my memories?

“Let’s end it now.” I opened my hand for him to take “…you’ve suffered enough. Let’s go home… where we both belong… the home our hearts have been yearning for.”

He laughed again, an insane stare and an insane expression crossing his face.

“NEVER. YOU TURNED AGAINST ME TOO. TRAITOR.”

…guess it was too late to end it nicely.