ii

Between the Lines you Will Find Nothing but Blank Spaces

"Myungsoo, are you going jogging with us tonight?", Tammy asked. 

"I'll try if I would still be able to wake up. I've had just pulled of an all-nighter."

 My body felt very heavy and my head hurts but I have promised to go jogging with my classmates. My friends were already inside the campus and my phone was ringging nonstop. I wanted to stay in my room, but since our schedule wasn't as hectic as before, Suzy organized a class-wide jogg session. Suzy stepped up to be the class president and she would always encourage the class, especially those who live nearby to jog together. It was one of the little things that we enjoy as a class. We do not often go to parties but keeping ourselves fit was something we enjoy lately as a class. 

My classmates started jogging an hour ago when I came. I looked like I was ready to run but my body still was fatigued and I couldn't bring my self to run. I looked around for my classmates who might be taking a break, the first one I saw was Suzy. She was still in her uniform and looked like she too wasn't fit to run. 

Suzy doesn't like the cold. During the days it was warm , just like her personality, but at night it gets a little chilly. So she would be usually energetic during the day and a lot down at night.  She sat on the bench, looking up the sky. Everybody must still be in the middle of jogging that is why she was on her own. I wore my running shoes that is why she wasn't able to notice me coming from behind. I sat behind her, I leaned my back against hers. She didn't move nor have said anything, I felt like she knew that it was me. 

I've always wanted to be beside Suzy. Spending time with her is always fun. Being with her makes you enjoy the little things like how our university magically transforms into an architectural marvel at night and appreciate life in general even more.

We are already in our third year in university and with in a year we will part ways. And yet this will be the first time I will be alone with her. 

I wish we could always stay like this. 

The wind is a little cold and city clouds cover the moon and the stars, yet all I need is her, her warmth. 

Even without saying anything, even with just silence, you are comforted. 

That was how things are between Suzy and I. 

 

"Myungsoo?"

"Suzy?"

"Can't we stay like this a little longer?"

"Sure."