Lost In The Shadows

Retreating Silhouette

 

"When reality strikes, you're usually too late."

PINKY.gif
 

In the world we live in, love is one of those things that people just can't avoid. People and animals alike, we were all born with love planted in our hearts. You can try to avoid it, but your heart will always drag you back to square one. Let me tell you something, hearts are oblivious. They rely on the mind to understand what they feel. Its a little tricky isn't it? Well, we just have to put in a little effort to help our hearts understand.

Life isn't going to wait for you to catch up with your feelings. It goes on, and there is no stop to it because time flows endlessly. You can't slow it down, speed it up or hit rewind. It just doesn't work like that. This world was created without controls, so that all the creatures that roam the earth would learn how to truly live life. Bottling up feelings, hiding sins, living in denial, it all leads to regrets. Life is short. You have to love, fall, get hurt and learn because if don't, you're just being alive, when what you should be doing is truly living.

 

 

Ahreum looked up at the sky as the first snow fell. She smiled, causing her pink cheeks to rise and her large doe eyes to turn into slim cresent moons. A few of the beautiful snowflakes landed on her long lashes before melting away. She put out her right hand and watched as the snow fell onto her baby pink glove. She only wished that they wouldn't disappear because it just reminded her of many sad memories. Whenever the first snow graced her town she would be outside, all wrapped up in warm winter clothing to enjoy the cold weather. Winter was her favourite season afterall. Why is the first snow always so heartwarming even if its cold?

Her sweet smile was replaced with a bittersweet one as she thought about the last time she saw Junhong. His retreating figure still clear in her mind. Her vision was clouded with tears as she thought about his last words to her. How had she been so blind? How could she have missed all the signs her heart was giving her? Her heart needed help, but her mind had refused to cooperate. Now that he's gone, reality hit her. It took a few words to get to her but she can only live with regrets now.

He's just like the first snow to her. She loves him because he's heartwarming although he may be cold. She chuckled softly, as she thought about how she had fallen in love without being aware at all.

"I fell without feeling the fall."

You didn't mean anything to me, but now I want you back. No, I need you back but you're gone now, you're just that retreating silhouette that will haunt me till time ends.

She thought to herself as the memory of Junhong walking into the abandoned building, played over and over in her mind. She wished, she had stopped him. If she did, they'd be together. He said he'd fight for them, he said he'd proctect her, he said that he would do anything to stay with her, if she made the first move to hold him back. As he stood at the entrance of the building, he muttered the last words that Ahreum heard from him.

"I love youJung Ahreum."

 

 

You became the air that I breathe only to suffocate me.

"I love you, Choi Junhong."

 

 

PINKY.gif

"I think I lied when I said I could live without you."

 


[a/n]

Hi hi hi! This is a oneshot for a contest. Its a really bad one but I hope you enjoyed.
I know that the plot is not clear, its not really supposed to be. Its more of a drabble.
But if you want to be clear on anything about the story, just drop a comment below.
I'll try my best to answer them all!

 

taemeilin_