Alone again

Through Your Eyes

What’s this annoying beeping sound? Where am I? I try to get up, but don’t find the strength in my body to do such a thing. With a sigh, I close my eyes again, only to open them a moment or two later to examine my environment. I’m in a room. A white, plain looking room. It’s dark, with only the hint of some green light originating to my side. I look at it and see all kind of weird machines, also one that makes the annoying noise. When I hear a soft hum, I move my gaze to the source to see the features of a face I would recognize amongst thousand others. What? Why is he here? Am I dreaming? I reach out my hand and gently touch his face gently, letting my fingers slide over his features. This has to be a dream, it’s the only way. There’s no way someone like him would be here for a piece of trash like me. But I’m not complaining. Being able to see him, even in a dream, is a gift. I blink as I feel him shift, seeing his eyes open slowly before looking at me.

“Y-you’re up?” he mumbles as a sleepy smile forms on his lips.

“I’m so glad you’re alright… What were you doing out there?” he asks worried, leaning closer to me to turn on the light next to me, filling the room with a gentle light. It’s only then I notice my face is completely uncovered, pulling the covers over my face in a hurry. Even in a dream, he shouldn’t see what kind of hideous creature I have become.

“Don’t look at me!” I yell when I feel his hand softly touch mine.

“Hyemin, it’s okay.” he says in a calm voice.

“N-no! It’s not!” I say, shivering a little. With every passing moment, this start feeling more like reality instead of a dream.

“G-get away from me! I don’t even know you!” I yell at him, tears filling my eyes of my lies. No… please don’t go… stay with me… stay by my side… Don’t leave me… not you, too… He slowly pulls back his hand and I hear him sigh.

“I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to upset you. I know you’re alright now and that’s all that matters.” he says with a hurt voice.

“I’ll leave you now, I’m sorry to have been a bother…” he says and just a matter of moments later, I hear the door close, slowly pushing the covers down again and seeing the empty room. Tears stream down my face. I can’t keep him here just because of my selfish desires. He should forget about me and go on with his life, that’s the only way.