Opening my eyes

Through Your Eyes

She’s asleep! Hurry up! Do it!

B..b.b.but I don’t want to.

Pff, pathetic. Not only do you look like a girl, you also act like one. Now go get her plush or we won’t be your friends anymore!

The little boy sighs and thinks. Slowly, he walks towards the sleeping girl who holds her cat plush strongly in her arms. The little boy stretches out his arm but quickly pulls it back.

No! I don’t wanna do it!

One of the bigger boys, who was right behind the little one, snatches the toy away from the girl, waking her up. She sees her plush being slammed against wall, hitting the ground soon after. Tears fill her eyes.

Hey! Give her the toy back! It’s hers, give it back.

The little boy get’s hit on the ground by the big one.

You were too chicken to do it, you don’t tell us what to do!

Suddenly, a deafening sound comes from the boys throat, he screams as loud as he can. The big boys drop the toy and escape the scene pretty annoyed. The little boy picks up the broken toy an goes to the crying girl.

I’m sorry

I’m sorry

I’m sorry

I’m excuse me

I excuse me

Excuse me

The sound becomes clearer…

“Excuse me? Miss?” a guy’s voice other than the ones in my headphones says. Getting rid of the hair in my face, making sure I stop once I reach the half of my face, I open my eye and look at him. The little boy from my dream, the voice singing to me in my headphones, he’s standing in front of me. His head so close to mine.

“Miss, eh, sorry to wake you. You fell asleep and this is the final stop” he says. He lightly frowns his eyebrows.

“This might sound like a unoriginal pickup line, but do we know each other?” he asks. I quickly sit back, knocking over my bag that was standing at my feet, my old, broken cat plush rolling out. He bends over to take the plush. He… recognizes me? I sigh. No, I can’t let him show I know him, he’d be disgusted anyway. Quickly, I make sure my hair is in place, covering the left part of my face.

“You see! I’m sure it’s you, Hyemin” he says happily.

“I…I… I have no idea what you’re talking about” I say, stuttering.

“You… you don’t remember me? It’s me, Kevin, Kevin Woo, I was with you in preschool!” he says happily. I hesitate a second and shake my head, not too hard so my hair will stay in place.

“No, I’m sorry I have no idea… who you are” I say. Tears start to form in the corner of my eye.

“But, you made this plush yourself, you have to be her, you look like her too” he keeps saying.

“I…. I have been in an accident, I lost my memory, I’m sorry” I say feeling like a knife just hit my heart. I want to tell him so badly, but I can’t.

“Oh, I’m so sorry” he says and gives me back my cat plush. He pulls out a piece of paper and scribbles something down.

“I’m not supposed to give you this, but I’m so sure it’s you and I don’t want to lose you again, here’s my number” he says while handing me the piece of paper.

I take the piece of paper, put it in my jacket pocket and get out of my seat. Fast, I take all my stuff and get ready to leave.

“Hyemin shii” Kevin says. I stop.

“I… hope we meet again soon” he says. I nod and get off the train. The first public toilet, I enter. I practically throw down my stuff and after checking there’s no one there, I break down in sobbing. Why? Why him? Why now? I turn myself to the mirror and look at my half covered face.  I could never show him what I have become. I touch my face under my hair.  I didn’t completely lie, you know. I was in an accident, a horrible accident. Part of the car exploded. I move the hair covering half my face to the side to uncover the horribly burnt part. And so did a part of my face.

 

_________________________________________________

AN: So, here it is... Have fun ^^