Three Years Later

Woman in Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

YOONA'S LIFE WAS GOOD these days. Her father's double bypass heart surgery almost three years ago was a success. Her flower shop business was blooming, pun intended. And she had a two-year old daughter named Hana. She couldn't ask for anything more.

 

"Omma!"

 

Hana called her happily once she saw her. She always carried a pink teddy bear in her arms.

 

Her adorable daughter was her mini-replica, except for the eyes. Hana got her lovely deep-set eyes from her father.

 

"Hello, sweetie!" She smiled and hugged her daughter. "Did you miss me?"

 

"Uh-hum!" She beamed.

 

"Where's your grandpa?"

 

Hana pointed at her grandfather walking towards them. Her father looked like a powerful man who got his soul ripped from out of him. He only laughed every time Hana tickled him. Indeed, her father used to be a very powerful man, but since their big companies had shut down, he was now just a simple man, living a simple with her and Hana.

 

"Hello, Appa." She said as she kissed her father on the cheek. "Did you drink your medicine?" He was never the same again after the operation but she was just thankful that he was alive and well. And she was thankful to her father for not asking anymore about Hana's father.

 

He gave her a faint smile and nodded. "How's your day, my deer?"

 

"Great! Do you remember Kang Daesung? Your godson?"

 

He father nodded.

 

"He asked me to provide all the flowers for his charity ball! My shop will be swarming with elite clients after this event!" She said excitingly.

 

"I'm happy for you, my daughter. My only regret is that---"

 

"Let's not talk about regrets, Appa." She cut his next words. "We have a great future ahead of us because of the flower farm and the shop."

 

Her father had full regrets of what happened. But it was a good thing that he stopped gambling at the right time. They tried to salvage whatever was left of their properties and paid their debts little by little. So far so good.

 

"You're right." Her father agreed and gives her a smile. "Hana is our good luck charm." These past few days, she could see that he's becoming a cheerful person.

 

Hana flashed a naughty grin, that seems like she could understand what they were talking about.

 

She laughed and carried Hana in her arms. Every time she hugged her daughter, she feels like she's hugging Hana's father, too.

 

She sighed. Her one night tryst with Choi Seunghyun resulted in a daughter and he didn't even know who she was. He probably never will.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"Hyung, you're back! How are you, man?"

 

Seunghyun hugged his cousin. "I'm good, bro. Same ol' me."

 

Jiyong visited the Choi's mansion after calling him. He arrived in the country last week. He didn't have time to rest as he immediately reported to work. The last few days were hectic as hell. He had to worked on a lot of things. He was gone for almost three years.

 

Jiyong was out of the country too when he arrived. Jiyong just arrived yesterday from Singapore so they were just able to see each other today.

 

"Man, am I so glad to see ya?!" Jiyong teasingly punch his arm.

 

Seunghyun grinned. "Remind me to send a thank you note to that man who married Go Hara. God bless him."

 

Jiyong laughed. "Is Auntie go with you?"

 

He shaked his head. "No. I won't risk her having a heart attack because of that crazy woman. My mother has a frail heart. It was better for her to stay in States and rest."

 

"Why the sudden come back?"

 

"I've been having a hard time running the company from a thousand miles away. I realized I'm not that telegenic for video conferences. And, no more Go Hara will harass me here. Damn that psychotic woman to hell!"

 

"I heard some stories." Jiyong said mockingly. "I heard she even went to States to follow you. Your mexican housekeeper even had to call 911 to pacify her!"

 

"Can you believe that woman?" He said while shaking his head. "Even my mother was so mad at her."

 

His head ached just thinking about the stunts Hara pulled to get him back. "Anyway, let's just forget about her. I want to start a new life. A Hara-less beginning."

 

"What's your plans?"

 

"First, I need flowers. Lots and lots of flowers." He smirked. "I need to reconnect with some of my ex-girlfriends."

 

"In short, you need to get laid!"

 

He smirked. "You make it sound so juvenile."

 

"It is. Your body hasn’t recovered yet from jet lag but you're already looking for !"

 

"It's the frustration talking. Sometimes I'd rather than have with these women. I always look for something that I can't find to them."

 

"So, Taemin was still not telling you about this woman in velvet mask?"

 

"Damn that bastard!" He didn't hide his irritation. "I almost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter