Chapter Three

Before the Dawn

I smiled sheepishly at MiCha. She kept moving her head up and down scanning us from head to toe before she walked out the door.

“What was that about?” JungKook asked, looking at me and standing up. I shrugged my shoulders and stood up as well. MiCha re-entered my apartment and looked at me then JungKook. Quickly her hand flew to her forehead with a slap.

“Y’all should be ashamed trying to-“

“MiCha we talked about JungKook’s past.” I interrupted, as she looked at me with suspicious eyes.

“Uh huh, sure you did.” She muttered walking over to us and throwing herself on the couch.

“Really, we did-“

“What are you doing here?” JungKook asked, stopping me in the middle of my sentence.

“I’ll tell JangMi- but not you.” She huffed giving him a tiny glare. I watched them and it seemed like she had no energy to do anything but that.

“I’m here with JangMi, so you can tell us both.” He declared putting a hand on her shoulder. Slowly she shook her head.

“JungKook, why don’t go and check on the kids, while I talk to MiCha.” I whispered, to him before sitting down on the couch next to her. JungKook hesitated before he nodded his head and left the room.

“I can’t believe it.” She silently whispered, her hands balling into fists.

“Can’t believe what? Tell me what happened MiCha!” I exclaimed, carefully watching her.

“YoungGuk has been cheating on me.” She brokenly yet hatefully whispered.

“Oh my! Do you know why?” I asked watching as he facial expression turned into one of anguish.

“No, maybe I was to boring for him. Or maybe I wasn’t the one for him.” She sarcastically remarked, throwing a pillow on the ground.

“Do you know how long he was cheating on you?”

“Long enough!” She shouted, hitting the pillow next to her. I cringed and patted her shoulder.

“I’m so sorry MiCha, he doesn’t deserve you because you deserve better. Much better than him.” I comforted as she continued to hit the pillow.

“MiCha!” A deep voice yelled barging into my apartment. I stood up and glared at this person, almost instantly knowing whom it was.

“Leave YoungGuk, NOW!” MiCha yelled standing up from the couch.

“MiCha please let me explain. I found her there and she forced herself on me!” YoungGuk rambled, trying to come closer to us.

“I’ll call for help if you step any closer!” I warned, keeping my voice quiet yet trying to keep it strong at the same time.

“Who’s going help you?” He asked, taking larger steps towards us now.

“JungKook!” I yelled pushing MiCha and myself both closer to the wall. I heard my bedroom door slam open and JungKook ran out.

“What’s going on?” He asked, looking from us to YoungGuk.

“None of your business! Who are you anyway?” YoungGuk yelled, slowly we tip toed our way over to JungKook.

“Go to my phone and call Rap Mon, okay?” He whispered. I nodded my head, muttered a ‘yes’ and left with MiCha.

“MiCha watch the boys for a second.” I whisper-yelled as I grabbed JungKook’s phone; skipping through the contacts I found Rap Mon and I hit call.

Ring

“Come on, come on.”

“You need to leave! Now!” I heard JungKook announce before someone landed a punch.

Ring

“Please answer the phone!” I cried, holing onto the phone tightly.

It connected!

“Hello? JungKook what’s up?” Yet another deep voice spoke-it was the same one from earlier.

“Help him! Please B.A.P’s leader is here and…and…” I cried, watching MiCha cringe as she peeked out of the door.

“Where are you guys?” He asked, his voice sound frantic.

“XXX XXXXXXX XXXXXX-on the left of the newest building!” I shouted into the phone. He practically screamed okay but also added that they were on their way.

“Talk to V, tell him what’s going on. We’ll be there very soon.” He commanded, I nodded my head but then realized that they couldn’t see me do that.

“Okay.”

“Hi, I’m TaeHyung but since you’re JungKook’s lady friend, you can call me V.” A soothing voice spoke.

“Hi V. I’m JangMi and I am very scared right now.” I cried, praying that they would get here soon.

“Can you tell me what’s going on?” He asked as the huffing of breath on the other side of the phone got louder.

“They’re fighting!”

“Do you know who is winning?”

“Who’s winning MiCha?”

“YoungGuk is.” She answered, I began to tremble and I looked over at the now four wide-awake children.

“JungKook isn’t winning.” I responded my voice cracking.

“Okay we’re running down the hall way now. I’m going to hang up now, okay?”

“Okay…” The line went dead. I exhaled and brought SeHunnie over to my lap. Within a minute after the phone call ended a multitude of voices was heard. I believe that the fighting continued, because of all the noises that continued to follow. Kai was now in my lap as well, with Minnie hiding behind me, Chen peeking out the door with MiCha.

The two of them both jumped back and I protectively grabbed onto the three children on me. A man from earlier was holding JungKook.

“JungKook!” I almost shouted, but the other man held a finger to his lips. Another man walked into the room and his eyes fell instantly on MiCha. Shortly after four men joined us in the room or in the doorway.

“Hi! I’m V; you must be JangMi! JungKook has told us great things about you!” The one holding JungKook smiled. Shocked I watched them before I looked over at JungKook.

“Is he okay?” I timidly asked, staring at the unconscious body of him.

“Yep, we’re taking you both back to out place. The kids can come with, we need you to patch him up.” The one who was still staring at MiCha answered, as he offered her a hand. I nodded my head and gathered the boys’ stuff together and followed them out of my apartment. I tried my best to shut the door and lock it but it didn’t work out so well.

“Do you trust them?” MiCha whispered, as we carried the boys. We were a couple of feet behind them, a safe enough distance to talk to each other in hushed whispers.

“Not really…but I trust JungKook. If they’re friends with him and care about him, then I won’t judge them.” I replied, as the seven boys stopped in front of a large fancy looking building.

“Welcome to our home.” V smiled, as we entered the large building.

Compared to B.A.P’s place this was a castle. I could tell that MiCha was thinking the same thing because was a gape. I looked at Kai and SeHunnie before looking at the group.

“Where’s your first aid kit?”

 

 

 

Here I sat bandaging up Jungkook (again) while Rap Mon and MiCha went to find the kids a room.

"It seems like you're always doing this, huh?" He asked refusing to look at m e. I shook my head and smiled slightly at him.

"I don't mond though." I replied, wrapping a bandage around his torso; to be honest I was a little embarrassed. When I saw that he had a gash on his torso I was concerned, but blushed a little when he took his shirt off. It was not long after that when I began scolding myself for doing so.

"Jungkook, she's a keeper." V spoke, a grin type smirk on his face; I blushed and the other boys chuckled at me.

"I know she is." He stated, I peeked up from tightening the bandage and met his gaze. It was almost as if I was frozen on the spot. His gaze was almost intimidating, quickly I looked back down at what I was doing and finished with tying the.

“Do you have any smaller bandages? If you do may I have them please?” I asked, looking at the boys. J-Hope (who’s name I had learned after we first began patching Jungkook up) nodded his head and went to get them.

“You’re very kind” Jin began, “taking a chance to take our little Kookie in!” I raised an eyebrow at the nickname for Jungkook.

“Kookie?” I asked trying to contain a smirk. Hesitantly he nodded his head and released a groan.

“It’s his nickname; like mine is his is Kookie.” V explained, grinning at the glare that Jungkook was giving him. I giggled and looked at Jungkook; it’s a cute nickname, I thought to myself.

“Can I call you kookie?” I slowly asked, and almost immediately he nodded his head, a faint tint of pink on his cheeks.

“Rap Monster!” I heard a giggle from down the hallway. I rolled my eyes and smiled at them anyway.

“MiCha, are you sure you dated that man? You’re far to beautiful for him.” Rap Monster flirted, grinning like a fool, just for her.

“Wow, could he be any more obvious?” Jungkook groaned, causing the others and me to laugh.

“Yes, yes he could.” Suga piped up, shaking his head at their leader.

“Oh, hush!” Jungkook joked, a sparkle coming to his eyes. A blush rose to my cheeks and I thought something so ridiculous, but I quickly pushed it aside.

“Kookie…” I whispered, shortly after a blush was covering Jungkook’s face. “You’re all patched up.”

“Ah, thank you!” He shouted, trying to jump up. I grabbed his good arm and prevented him from doing so.

“Be careful!”

“Anyway, I think it’s only fair to introduce yourself to us; after all a pretty lady should have a name,” Rap Monster said staring at MiCha. I was pretty sure that she was swooning inside of her head right now.

“My name is MiCha, and I’m 21 years old. I dated B.A.P’s butthead of a leader, YoungGuk.” The word dated was stressed, to a past tense.

“Well it’s a pleasure to meet you.” He replied, kissing the back of her hand. Now I am one hundred percent sure that everyone rolled their eyes at him, except for MiCha.

“I’m JangMi, 22 years old and never had a boyfriend.” I whispered the last part. Jungkook’s eyes popped wide open and I blushed furiously.

“Really?” he asked; I nodded my head.

“It’s true-she hasn’t ever had a boyfriend.” Micha added. Embarrassed I nodded my head and went off in the direction where I heard the little children talking. I did this for two reasons one to get out of that awkward situation room and because the kids where supposed to be asleep.

“Mi! I can’t sleep!” Kai shouted, running to me when I opened the door. He latched onto my leg before I could say anything.

“I can’t either!” SeHunnie whined tears threatening to fall from him eyes.

 

“How about I lay with you two then?” I asked them. Slowly they nodded their heads and we walked over o their temporary bed.

“Come on…”I whispered pulling the two closer to my side. Within minutes the boys were fast asleep and I was soon following them.

When I woke up I was no longer in the room that I fell asleep in last night. I was still next to something warm. When I looked over to see he time I saw that is was already eight in the morning. I groaned and slapped my forehead; that’s five hours of sleep.

“Good morning.” I heard from next to me. Quickly I turned over and came face to face with Jungkook. I let out a tiny scream and jumped out of bed; landing on the floor.

“What are we doing in the same bed?” I asked, looking at him with my eyes wide open.

“ I carried you back to the room because you fell asleep with the kids/” He explained nodding his head like he had done something good.

“Why to your room thought?” I asked my face burning with heat.

“Rap Monster said to keep a close eye on you and MiCha, so I let you stay with me. Better myself than one of the other, whom you don’t really know that well but then again you don’t me that well either. Anyways you know me more than you know them.” He answered smiling like a big goof ball. I rolled my eyes but something stuck in my head.

“Why did Rap Monster want you to keep a close eye on us? Does he not trust?” I asked getting defensive. Jungkook threw his hands up in defeat.

“No, it’s not that.”

“Then what is it then, Jungkook?” I asked my temper appearing for the first time.
“So that you don’t do anything crazy or to make sure that you don’t get hurt. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but Rap Monsters taking a liking to your friend MiCha.” Jungkook grinned, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

“I had noticed but how could we get hurt?” I questioned him. He looked at me and gave a little laugh.

“You’re around us and people hate us! I wonder how you could possibly get hurt?” He scarcastically asked, his eyes rolling. I glared at him and stood up.

“Who cares!?” I shouted throwing my hands up in the air.

“I care! I don’t want you to get hurt-or worse; killed!” He replied, anger shining in his eyes.

“ I don’t want to get hurt wither but I want to be around you more than I don’t want to get hurt.” I whispered to him, watching his eyes soften.

“Mi! Mi! Where you are?” A little voice whined rather loudly. I sighed before heading to the door. SeHunnie was holding onto his blanket for dear life while tears ran down his porcelain cheeks.

“Oh! Sehunnie- Baby boy what’s wrong?” I asked rushing to him. Upon picking him up he instantly burrowed his head into my neck. I patted his back and offered comforting words to him.

“What’s wrong?” Jungkook asked walking out of his room.

“Something is wrong with SeHunnie.” I whispered to him. SeHun mumbled something into my neck but it was muffled so no one could understand what he said.

“Can you repeat that Sehunnie?” Jungkook asked him trying to get closer to us. SeHun lifted his head and the tears continued to pour down his cheeks.

“I had a b-bad dream.”

“Oh no!” I whispered kissing him on his forehead.

“Want to tell us what happened in your dream?” Jungkook asked as he led us back to the children’s room.

“E-everyone left us alone.” He continued to cry; his little body shaking with his violent sobs. Tears built up in my eyes while listening to him.

“But we’re here Sehunnie. We’re all here!” I whispered squeezing him and swaying side-to-side; trying to urge him to sleep. He was soon fast asleep and I was still holding onto him; with no intention of letting him down.

"i'll go make breakfast." Jungkook said as he left the room. I'm not in my head and left because well; wishing to explore this place.

Walking down hallway after hallway gets very confusing and before I knew it I was lost. Thank goodness Sehunnie was fast asleep through it so I wasn't boring; yet. There was a door hidden behind a large Bud Light box. I pushed it out of the way, using my head, and open the door.

The room is full of pictures newspaper articles, all of them; BTS. I cringed upon reading the title record BTS killers of young boy. The boys name was SungJong. I love the articles were framed and hanging on the wall. Almost like they were prized possessions or trophies.

"How could they be proud of this?" I asked myself out loud. I looked at every article title every photo but I couldn't think anything bad of them.

"What are you doing here?" I jumped in turn around. JiMin stood in the doorway looking very angry.

"I – I didn't me too intrude – I just found…"

"Well you did now get to breakfast. Everyone's waiting."he commanded, slamming his fists on the doorframe. I scrambled out of the room and ran the way I came.

"There you are! I was worried you got lost." Jungkook  said, setting another plate on the table. Everyone was already sitting down and eating their food.

"I did get lost." I muttered sitting down in the chair.

"Oh, how did you get that?" V asked about to take a bite of his food.

"JiMin scared me and I ran." I muttered under my breath enough for MiCha to hear.

" Oh hell nah-" she snapped, telling her fourth-down on the plate. Meekly I nodded my head.

"Yes…"

"I'm going to be his a-"

"please watch your language!" I added, covering the now wide-awake Sehunnie's ears. MiCha nodded her head and redressed her words.

"i'm going to be his !" She shouted. Leaving the table with the lovestruck Rap monster following behind her.

"What was that about?" Jin asked, taking The last bite of his food. I shrugged  my shoulders and looked at jungkook feeding Kai.

" Aww Kai! Is Kookie feeding you?" I asked him in my baby voice. He nodded his head and chewed his  food. I noticed XiuMin and Chen  were missing. "Where are the other kids?"

As if a lightbulb went off in his head jungkook shot up.

" Suga and J-Hope Took them to your apartment for their dad to pick them up." He replied wiping Kai's mouth. I smiled and began defeat the other child. After all the articles I saw I just couldn't bring myself to believe that BTS was so bad.

"Thank you." I spoke softly while washing dishes with him. He nodded his head and smiled as the blush roosters cheeks.

"Anytime, I really enjoy spending time with children. And you was well." This time it was my turn the blush. Looking away I bashfully through soon soapy water at him.

"I enjoy spending time with you too, Kookie." I smiled, finishing the last-ish. He dried it and put it in the cabinet.

Knock on the door snapped both of us out of her chance.

"I'll get it." He said, I shook my head and walk to the door instead.

"Hello?" I asked opening the door and looking around. No one was in sight but a package was on the ground.

"To – there's a package out here, what should I do with it?" I yelled into the home. Jungkook rushed to me and shut the door quickly.

"Leave it, your boss just texted you, let's go drop his kids off at his place – he's home earlier than expected." He spokes, going to the kids room grabbing the stuff. The two kids ran to me and jumped into my arms and I followed jungkook out of the back door.

"Let's hurry, if that package just got here –"

"Wait up – I'm coming too. I need to speak with my brother."JiMin said as he jumped down from the balcony on the second floor.

"Okay, just talking." Jungkook agreed, waiting for his response.

"yeah – sure…"

"You mean you're just going to talk to him right? If you don't plan to talk then you might as well stay here."

"Fine – we'll just speak." He reluctantly agreed. We walked 10 minutes down the street took a few turns and made it to my boss' apart. I knocked door and waited.

"Ah, JangMi; Good to see you and my big boys again." ChanYeol to reaching for his children.

"Hello, Mr. Park. They missed you so much." I smiled while Jungkook handed the children's bag to their father.

"I missed them too! I'm glad you're all safe and sound." He whispered watching his brother carefully.

"Thanks – well will be going now." I announced pulling the two away from the door. JiMin resisted and stood his ground; I groaned and frustration.

" ChanYeol–I need to speak to you." His brother forcefully said, pushing my hand off of his arm.

"What is it JiMin?" He sneered, holding his two children tightly.

"I want to be in my nephews lives, you tell me I can't because I'm in a gang even though you're in one as well."look on the older brother's face was full of rage and anger. He turned and set the two children down in the apartment before walking out of it. JiMin was slammed into the railing.

"The difference between you and I, brother, is I am not fully worthless. I learned from my mistakes, you still have a long way to go." With a single punch JiMin was knocked out.

With wide eyes I watched him walk back inside his apartment and slam the door.

"I'll get him." Jungkook said, crashing down and maneuvering JiMin onto his back. I'm not at my head inside; a heavy feeling lingering in my heart.

"I'm sorry." I apologized for no reason whatsoever. Jungkook shook his head and walked away.  I stood there for a moment before following him. A firetruck blazed on right past us, heading towards BTS headquarters. It was then when Jungkook Took off running. I didn't have to move in order to know that something had happened.

A group of six boys were snickering and I glad. Walking right after them I place my hands on my hips.

"What's so funny?" I asked sternly, narrowing my eyes at them. The one with the smallest eyes spoke up first.

"Nothing you should worry your pretty little head about."

"Were you laughing at my friends?" Another slice Mark went on to small eyes' his mouth.

"You mean a jungkook and JiMin? Why I don't know what you're talking about!"

I slept as she can glared him. They'll narrow their eyes at me; though I didn't fret about it.

"How dare you!" He roared raising is fist. I still did not flinch.

"How dare you?! You have the balls to do something evil and cruel that you asked me 'how dare I'? The nerve!" I shouted pointing my finger at him. I assume the boys saw something because they all began to turn away.

"You're lucky that coming back for you!" Small eyes warned, as the six boys backed away.

"Wimps!" I yelled, watching them run away; I turned around and saw BTS and MiCha.

"JangMi, there you are!" MiCha shouted running towards me.

"Here I am!" I joke she pulled me over to BTS.

"Do you know what you just did, you brilliant girl?" Rap monster cheered, a large smile on his face.

"No, what did I just do?"

"You just showed up infinite, that's what you do. You're brilliant! Honestly I didn't think you had it in you." I swallowed spent and took a deep breath.

"I didn't think I had it in me as well."