Chapter One

Before the Dawn

"Good-Bye Mr. Park!" I smiled, waving farewell to the young father. He returned the smile and waved as well, before promptly returning into his apartment. I skipped down the steps rushing to get home. The streets can get dangerous at night, and I didn't want to be out here when that happened.

"Tell your leader he's next!" A voiced sneered, from the alleyway a couple of feet in front of me. I froze on the spot and pulled out my phone ready to call for help; if it was needed. People turned out from it and hopped into a car before they drove off. I thought about going to check on the person, but knowing my luck it would be a gang person. I didn't have a death wish, not yet anyway. The person lets out a painful groan and my heart turned violently inside of my chest.

I couldn't leave them, not matter who they maybe are.

"Hello?" I asked, peeking down the alley. It was then that I noticed a large lump on the ground. I ran over to it and dropped to my knees, his wounds were not bad but he was bleeding a lot.

"I don't need your help..." He coughed, blood coming out of his mouth. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his arm and place it on my shoulders and staggered up.

"Well I it looks like you do." I retorted, trying to evenly distribute the weight of the extra person I was carrying. He then tried to push away from me, but I held onto his arm with a little more force.

“Let me go! I don’t need your help!” He growled, still trying to get away from me, but this time I released him and he dropped to the ground.

“Fine! Then let's see you walk.” I replied, feeling a bit guilty when I saw him flinch from the impact of the shortfall. He tried a couple times to stand up and he did one time, but he fell shortly afterwards. After that, he stared up at me and didn’t say a word.

“I need your help…” He sighed, his head hanging in defeat.

“I thought so.” I replied, helping him up and placing his arm on my shoulders. The entire way to my apartment was long and quiet; mostly long though. It was a long walk back considering that I was carrying another person’s weight. As we arrived at the door to my apartment, I struggled with unlocking it until he leaned up against the wall.

“Come on…”I whispered, jiggling the key for a minute before I heard the satisfying click and the door opening. Yanking the key out I once again took his arm and lead him into my place. Once inside I walked with him into the living room and placed him on the couch. Then I ran to not only lock my door, but to get the first aid kit.

“Why are you helping me?” He asked, watching me his wounds on his arms. I shrugged my shoulders and placed a Band-Aid on one place.

“I don’t know you, but that doesn’t mean that I think you should’ve been left there; while you’re hurt.” I explained, trying to gently pull off his shirt. He glared at me (obviously unsatisfied with my answer) but nonetheless lifted his shirt off his body the rest of the way giving me better access to the wounds there.

“I’m dangerous you know.” He murmured, grabbing me and breaking the comfortable silence we had been in. I looked, but I didn’t think to reply. Of course I knew he was dangerous and yet I took a chance and here he is. So he is dangerous; so what?

“I don’t care.” I lied, gently taking my hand out of his and continuing to apply ointment onto the large gash on his chest. It was then that I saw how badly he had been beaten, but it didn’t make me rethink bringing him here.

“I’m sorry you’re hurt…”I whispered, as I, being wrapping a bandage around his torso. His eyes softened and then he flinched at the final tug at the bandage. “I’m sorry! Are you okay? Was that too hard?” He cracked a smile and nodded his head.

“I’m a little hungry.” He sheepishly smiled, a light blush rising onto the surface of his cheeks. I nodded my head and walked to the kitchen so that I could see what I already had made in the refrigerator. Luckily I had some BimBap left, so I placed the container in the microwave; setting it in there for four minutes. I turned around only to run into him.

“Watch out.” He laughed, holding onto my arm to keeping me steady. The smile on his face warmed my heart to no end. It was a bright child like smile, but yet it was also comforting.

“Thank you…” I whispered, praying that the heat on my cheeks wasn’t evident.

“JUNGKOOK! I mean my name is JungKook!” The excitement in his voice didn’t go unnoticed; in fact it caught my attention immediately.

“I-I’m JangMi!” I stuttered, not trusting myself to utter any more words than this. We stood there in each others space until hearing the microwave went off. Quickly I opened that door and went to pick up the container.

“HOT!” I shouted as I dropped the (closed) container on the counter. JungKook rushed over to me and immediately put my hands under cold water.

“You need to be careful.” He warned as the cold water made my fingers go numb. I nodded my head and watched his face. After a minute he turned the water off and brought my hand to his lips. “Kiss the pain away.”

“Thank you…” I blushed, not wishing to move my hands away, but his stomach growled and we both broke out into a laugh feast. In the end he not only at the BimBap but two instant ramyeon noodles while I settled for fruit.

"Thank you for helping me. I guess this means I have to leave, right?” He asked, looking dejected and distant. I myself felt that way when he said that, only because I enjoyed his presence. I didn’t feel so alone with him here.

“Only if you want to leave.” I spoke, not only surprising him but also myself. Since when did I have this confidence.

“I can stay?” He asked not believing me, and I nodded my head.

"I guess, I'm mean you don't seem like a mass murder to me."JungKook ran over to me and picked me up and spun us around the kitchen.

“THANK YOU JANGMI!”

 

 

 

"JangMi!" Jungkook whined, getting up from the couch stretching. I looked down at him and smiled before I continued to cook breakfast. He walked into the kitchen and sat down top of the counter.

"How did you sleep?" I asked, for the hundredth time since she began staying here. Well I should say since he began living here with me a month ago.

"Good! How about you?" He nonchalantly replied, taking two plates of cabinet among the silverware from enjoying.

"Fine. What have you planned for today?" I inquired, taking the last pancake off the stove. Putting three pancakes on his plate and one mine.

"I – I think I'm going to call my friends to let them know I'm alright." I nodded my head went over to the refrigerator to retrieve some butter.

"But that should be nice…" I mumbled when I sat at the table. He plopped into the seat across from me began consuming pancake.

"Well I'm going to have lunch Ari, MiCha and HwaYoung."

"Are the boys going to be there?" He sneered his horse containing a bit of venom.

"No, JungKook the boys will not be there."I don't understand why he didn't like them they seem like nice good people to me. I mean a treat my friends with respect and care for them.

"Good." He smiled his mouthful and mushy gooey pancake. I shook my head again, but nonetheless smiled.

"Why don't you like them?" I sighed, taking my first right of the golden buttery pancake.

"You don't know them like I know them."

"And how do you know them? Do you know them by what you're friends tell you?" I snapped, tired of hearing the same thing over and over again.

"Don't talk about them like that! You don't have the right to!" He screamed, shoving back from the table. Scared of him I flinched back and I saw recognition pass through his eyes. "I – I'm sorry JangMi." He apologized, slowly sitting back down in his chair. I frowned at his outburst, I placed my fork down on me plate.

"I think I should leave to go to Mr. Parks." I sighed, getting up from my chair. Silently I dumped my plate into the sink and headed over to my bag (that was hanging on his chair).   

"JangMi I really am sorry, honestly. My friends I just a touchy subject." He sighed, watching me. I nodded my head and bid him a farewell.

 

I thought about our conversation this morning until I arrived at Mr. Parks apartment. "ChanYeol don't do this. I'm their uncle –" a young man pleaded as he was pushed out of the door.

"Jimin just leave. You're too dangerous to be around my children." ChanYeol (aka Mr. Parks) announced shaking his head as the man. He saw me and quickly with me inside the apartment, in which I quickly ran into.

"Goodbye JiMin!" He roared before slamming the door. He turned and looked apologetically at me. "I'm sorry you had to see that" I shook my head and gave me a smile.

"No, it's alright."

"Please don't let him in while I'm away. Protect Kai and Sehun while I'm away, please." He said his voice oozing with concerned. I nodded my head and followed him to the door.

"Have a good day and be careful." He nodded his head and muttered a 'you too' before he left the apartment. That only did I lock the door, but the windows as well. "Mi!" A tiny voice whined as I passed by the children's room. A smile found its way onto my face and I rushed into their room. The two most precious two year olds in the world giggling at me.

"Kai! Sehunnie!" I squealed, picking up Kai (the older of the two ) and gave him a kiss on the forehead. I repeated the same action upon Sehunnie as well.

"I'm hungry…" Sehunnie whined, refusing to let go of me. His brother nodded his head in agreement and I smiled too.

"Well let's go see what we have to work with." The entire kitchen is empty. Not a single trace of food to be found. The two children pouted and I cringed. Reaching for the phone. I dialed my home number and I waited for JungKook to answer, but it went straight to voicemail. I then called the only other people I could trust in the situation right now; the girls'. It was within 20 minutes of the girls for dropping off the much needed things. Which I had to pay them to get it.

"Say thank you Kai, Sehunnie." I whispered, giving Sehun a bounce so that I could readjusted him on my hip.

"Thank you Kai, Sehunnie." Kai mumbled giving each girl had on their legs. Sehun pouted and turned into my neck, hiding from them.

"Sehunnie wants to be a good boy, right?" I asked gently moving back from his head.

"Yes…" Is tiny voice whispered, looking up from the ground. Kai eagerly jumped as well saying he wanted to be a good boy too.

"Kai you're already a good boy, Sehunnie tell them thank you." I could, giving Kai a pat on the head. Sehun outed, but turned to the girls.

"Thank you! Is Sehunnie a good boy now?" He shouted, his face blushing embarrassment. The girls broke out in giggles.

"Yes Sehun is such a good boy!" MiCha laughed, tears slowly coming out of her eyes. Ari and HwaYoung nodded their heads in agreement.

"JangMi since it looks like lunch is a no. Do you want to just have a sleepover?" HwaYoung asked to help me take the bags to the kitchen. I thought about if my apartment was cleanly enough.

"Yes, that sounds good. Tonight 7:30– no boyfriends aloud!" I added, grinning at the girls faces.

"Girls night!" Ari and MiCha cheered and soon they were all saying their goodbyes.

"Great see you tonight! WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!" Arie yelled, and a disgruntled JiMin came into view. Quickly I slammed the door and then locked it again.

"Why you do that?" Kai asked, as he tried to climb up my leg. Reaching down and pick him up with my friend and then walked to ChanYeol's room.

"Because sweetie there is a bad man out there and your dad doesn't want him to be around." I explained, laying them down on the bed. And then walked over and shut the bedroom door and on the way back the television. That man, whoever he was being out there was no one else was here made me very nervous. It was right now JungKook was here with me. The banging on the door began around 7:30 continued until 12:45 until I picked up the phone and dialed ChanYeol's number.

"I'm sorry I know you're at work. But that person from this morning has been here all day. And he won't stop trying to enter the apartment." I explained, rubbing the back of Sehun, as the twins were both now fast asleep. He sighed and then muttered some curse words.

"I'll be home in an hour you could call my friend, Kris. He will help you his number is 20-4567-890." He replied, and the shuffling of papers was heard in the background.Shortly after the call ended the banging stopped it was and I let out a sigh of relief. True to his word about an hour later he arrived back and told me to head home. I apologize to him and told him I was sorry, but he just shook it off saying that it was okay. When I arrived at my apartment, I saw no one was home. So I began cleaning. I spent half my time cleaning and the other half making food and setting up for the sleepover. Around 7:20 PM the girls started arriving. And of course they all came together because they all came from the exact same place.

"Hey gurl!" HwaYoung shouted as they walked into the living room. I smiled and shook my head at them.

"You guys are crazy!"

"But that's why you love us!" MiCha smiled as she tossed her bag in her sleeping bag. Air and HwaYoung tossed her bag on their sleeping bag as well.

"Sure. That's why."I smiled, and took the last bit of food out into the living room. Ari had begun looking for something and the other two just watched her.

"What are you doing?" I asked, watching her make a fool of herself and the other two just giggled.

"I'm looking for the movies!" She exclaimed, stopping and standing up, putting her hands on her hips.

"Oh! They're in my room in the cabinet beneath the TV." I explained setting the food on the little table and pointing to the room at the end of the hallway on the right.

"Thank you!" She smiled as she bounded off towards my room. HwaYoung and MiCha were in a laughing feast after what they had just witnessed.

"Did you see her!? She was hysterical!" MiCha laughed, wiping tears from her eyes. HwaYoung nodded her head and I rolled my eyes at them. A loud manly scream was heard from my room and I took off towards it. In my bedroom there was Ari and a shocked JungKook there. It then dawned on my that I hadn't told them about him.

"Don't hurt him!" I shouted, rushing over to his side. Ari gave me a flabbergasted look and was agape. MiCha and HwaYoung entered the room shortly after that and joined Ari in shouting profanities.

"Who is he?!" They all yelled in unison, causing me to flinch back, JungKook held onto my arm though.

"Don't waver, be firm and you'll be fine." He whispered, and all three glared at him. I gave them a sheepish smile ad faced them head on. Well, some what head on.

"This...This is JungKook," I stated, my gaze not moving from theirs,"and I found him hurt so I took him in and he hasn't left yet!" I finished, my heart rate increasing at the look of pure anger on their faces. JungKook gave me a pat on my back and I knew he was trying not to smile it was only because I knew him. He must be having a very hard time not doing so the only reason he is holding it back is so that he doesn't get beat by them.

"And you thought it was a good idea to bring him to your house instead of the hospital...WHY?" MiCha shouted, emphazing the most important part. I shrugged my shoulders and then began to ponder why I did so to begin with.

"I guess it was because of a whim, and that I didn't want him to get left there." I explained, moving my hands to meet its other pair and play with them. The look of disbelief on their face was clearly evident and JungKook just barely covered up his laugh, which just happens to have caused me to laugh very loudly.

"Do you think that this is funny?" Ari asked, her voice rising and rising with every word. I shrunk back and looked at their feet, and JungKook grabbed my elbow that was the farthest from them. I was very intimidated by them, but for some reason, having JungKook here made it less intimidating for me.

"No, she doesn't, and you should be proud that you have a friend as kind as she." JungKook defended me, making a smile appear on my face.I turned to look at him and gave him a hug.

"AWWW....NO!" Ari walks over to us and pulling us apart. Then they all pulled me over to the other side of the room and glared at him. MiCha face me and spoke for everyone to hear.

"He's dangerous JangMi!"

"I know." I replied, not showing a single emotion when I said so.

"NO! You don't know! You could die because of him!" HwaYoung yelled, throwing her hands in the air. I shook my head and freed myself from their hold and walked over to JungKook.

"Yes, I do know how dangerous he is. Yes, I knew that I could possibly die, but I don't care. If I chose not to help him, then he might've died, and I would never be able to live with myself knowing that was my fault. And frankly, I am glad I saved him! This is my life, and saving him was my decision, nothing you say or do will make me regret it" I announced, standing my ground and remaining firm in my choice.

"Then you should know what your getting yourself into." They all spoke, a grave expression on their faces.